bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confessing our sins?  (Read 4946 times)

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Confessing our sins?
« on: February 16, 2016, 02:47:57 PM »

1John 1:19 says "if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness"

Does this mean we have to confess every single sin? or if I ask for forgiveness for sins i commit in word, thought and deed would that cover all? Thanks.

Stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

Wittenberg

Re: Confessing our sins?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »

You wrote "Does this mean we have to confess every single sin?"

Why would you not want to confess all of your sins? I think you mean "does something bad happen if we don't confess all of our sins?" I think the answer to that question is: Yeah, you don't get to experience the wonderful feeling of forgiveness that comes from being forgiven and being cleansed of unrighteousness in this age. We all will confess our sins someday and we will all be cleansed from unrighteousness. The sooner we repent the sooner we get to enter His rest!

stello

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 05:17:56 PM »

Hi Wittenberg,

That's not exactly what i meant. I meant do i have to confess each individual  sin i commit or if i ask for forgiveness for "all the sins" i committed today. Not that i don't want to confess them. Sometimes i feel there are sins that i commit and "forget" So when i pray and ask for forgiveness i might not ask for forgiveness for those particular sins. Thanks.

Stello

Wittenberg

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 06:03:55 PM »

If one forgets to confess something, God is just holding back the blessing of repentance of that sin for a latter date. We are all where God has us and it is all according to His plan.
I don't feel comfortable telling anyone what they "have" to do, so I guess you should follow your conscience on how to repent. I can't think of a scripture that deals with what your asking, but there are plenty on fear and man's traditions. I'm not saying you're being motivated by those things (I can say I am sometimes), but if you are, you can and will have freedom from them. As will all!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 06:08:49 PM »

Stello,

You still have alot of church to let go of. God see's the heart. That should answer all your questions on repentance. Your sins have already been forgiven with those of the worlds.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »

Hi Stello,

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
v. 2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

John 5:24  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting (eonian) life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

When the sacrifice of Christ is applied to a believer (by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit) the penalty of sin has been fully paid, we are no long condemned as the world still is. Our old self is crucified, a spiritual baptism into His death, spiritually raise as a "new man/woman" (Eph 2:15; 4:24; Col 3:10).

Rom 6:4  Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
v. 5  For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,
v. 6  knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

We cannot do anything, until God grants it to you, it is God who draws you to Christ and brings this about... once Christ's sacrifice has covered your sins you do not need to continually seek forgiveness, His grace covers all. But then we come into judgment to correct all of the errors of our ways.

Rom 5:20  Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
v. 21  so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Here are a few places that speaks of this.

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm ------------------------

"If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED, YET SO AS BY FIRE"!

There is the Scriptural destiny and outcome of Devine Spiritual Judgment—"SALVATION OF EVERY MAN." To be sure, "…Christ DIED for our sins" and "…and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I Cor. 15:3 & I John 2:2), and so the penalty for all sin for all time has been paid in full. However… HOWEVER, paying the penalty for sin does NOT take the sin out of the sinner, it only pays the penalty. JUDGMENT is what takes the sin out of the sinner, and:

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the HOUSE OF GOD…" (I Pet. 4:17).

And contrary to orthodox Christianity, there are two great periods of judgment. The first is with ‘the House of God,’ and the second is in the final judgment of the rest of humanity in the Great White Throne Judgment. Here are the options according to Paul:

"For if we would [1] judge ourselves, we should not [2] be judged. But when we are [1] judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not [2] be condemned [judged adversely] with the world [in the Great White Throne judgment]" (I Cor. 11:31-32).

Both judgments will bring salvation, but the latter is far more severe.

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-B.html ------------------

Not only can we not deliver ourselves from sin; we cannot even truly repent of our sins by our own will. This too requires a miracle from God.

Repentance is not predicated upon the "free will" of man, but on the will of God. We have already cited this verse that we will now examine more closely.

"Or despise you the riches of His goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? (Rom. 2:4).

What leads us to repentance? The goodness of our illusionary God-given "free will?" NO, "…the GOODNESS OF GOD…" But can the carnal, natural, unconverted mind of man appreciate God’s goodness and then repent by his own will? No, absolutely not. Let’s read it again: "the goodness of God LEADS you to repentance?"

This is the one and only time in the whole Bible that the Greek word ago is translated as "leadeth." If you check Wigram’s Englishman’s Greek Concordance of the New Testament, you will find that this Greek word ago is translated into much stronger words than "leadeth." Dozens and dozens of times ago is translated as bring or brought. The word, in fact, also means to drive. (Remember that in John 6:44 the Father "draws" [Gk: ‘drags’] us to Christ?)

Yes, repentance is a process, but it is the goodness of God that does the actual bringing us to and bringing about of our repentance.
v
                                     THE SCRIPTURAL PROCESS OF CONVERSION

The truth of conversion is a simple one, if we believe the Scriptures and don’t try to bring it about by some phantom free will. It is all of God.

How do the Scriptures say we become converted? Does an ounce of "free will" enter into the conversion process according to the Scriptures?

1. "Or despise you the riches of HIS goodness [‘His goodness;’ not our free will] and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God LEADS [God’s ‘leading’ is the CAUSE] you to repentance?" (Rom. 2:4). Where is the ‘free will’ in this statement? "God LEADS…" is the cause of repentance, not free will.

2. "No man CAN come to Me, except the Father which has sent Me draw [Gk: ‘drag’] him: and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:44). This verse is plain: "No man CAN…" come to Christ of his own will. It is the Father "dragging" him that is the cause of one coming to Christ, not his own supposed free will.

3. "You have not chosen Me, but I HAVE CHOSEN YOU…" (John 15:16). "I have CHOSEN you…" is the CAUSE and it is by Christ’s will, not man’s will.

4. "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith OF the Son of God [not faith ‘IN’ the Son of God, but the very faith ‘OF’ the Son of God—it is His faith, not ours until He gives us some of it] Who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Gal. 2:20). It is not by the ‘free will’ of our faith that we live, but the by the faith OF Jesus. There is no human free will in all this.

5. "I am the Vine, ye are the branches: He that abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit, for without ME YE CAN DO NOTHING" (John 15:5). According to God’s Word, what is it that we can do by our own will? Answer: "NOTHING." It is Christ "IN him" that brings forth much fruit. Man does not bring forth much fruit by his fabled free will.

6. "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Phil. 2:11). Is this man’s part in his own salvation? Must man confess that Jesus Christ is his Lord by his OWN FREE WILL, or it will have no real meaning? Is that how this confession is made? Answer: "…no man can say [with his fabled free will] that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit" (I Cor. 12). Do we profess Jesus as our Lord by our own will or by the Holy Spirit? "By the Holy Spirit" is the cause. Our own will is not the cause of our calling Jesus, Lord.

7. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that [‘that faith’] not of yourselves [NOT of your own faith or will] it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:8-10).

Are we saved through the faith of our own will? NO. Do we do good works by our own will? NO. It is: God’s faith, God’s gift, God’s Workmanship, God’s creating, God’s ordaining. The cause is "His workmanship," not our own will.
v
"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free [here is this ‘cause and effect’ thing again] from the law of sin and death" (Rom. 8:2).

No one can "freely" change his will from hating and disobeying God on one day to loving and obeying God on the next. No, it takes a supernatural miracle from God to accomplish this. God must Personally remove and free [here is the cause] us from being under the "Law of sin and death" to being under the "Law of the Spirit of life in Christ."
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:33:44 PM by Kat »

stello

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 01:54:54 PM »

Thank you all for your help. I can't do anything but by God. I will wait on him for everything. thanks again all.

stello

rick

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 02:01:28 PM »

Hi Stello

Ask God for the gift of repentance otherwise you can do nothing on your own, I tried and failed.

I like the old saying, let go and let God, not that anyone can do that except God brings it about through Devine intervention.

Devine intervention here and now or Devine intervention there and then, we will al get it at some point.

walt123

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 02:04:40 PM »

Hello, stell0

No one can confess every  sin ,DAVID KNEW that ,Psalm 40:11-12Amplified Bible (AMP)

Do not withhold Your compassion and tender mercy from me, O Lord;
Your lovingkindness and Your truth will continually preserve me.

For innumerable evils have encompassed me;
My sins have overtaken me, so that I am not able to see.
They are more numerous than the hairs of my head,
And my heart has failed me.

Counting on  Gods mercy is preferred .

Luke 18:11-13Amplified Bible (AMP)

11 The Pharisee stood [ostentatiously] and began praying to himself [in a self-righteous way, saying]: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the rest of men—swindlers, unjust (dishonest), adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing at a distance, would not even raise his eyes toward heaven, but was striking his chest [in humility and repentance], saying, ‘God, be merciful and gracious to me, the [especially wicked] sinner [that I am]!’

Just may thoughts,

Walt

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 02:24:30 PM »

Good thoughts Walt.

Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God and He shall exalt you in due time.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 06:53:25 PM »

I would think of all Ray taught all would come to understand without God dragging us to Him no one would come, wirhout God giving us a desire to repent no one would repent.

I find God is the initiator of all things, God calls we follow but what if God does not call one or if God does not give the desire to repent , would you still follow or repent ?

Remember, the carnal mind hates God.

God bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.