bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noahs flood  (Read 4472 times)

gallenwalsh

Noahs flood
« on: October 26, 2011, 10:15:10 PM »

I believe that I read once, but I am unable to locate it in scripture that after the flood Noah and or his children came down from the high place to cities below to take wives for them selves, which would prove with out a doubt that the flood was not global but I am unable to find that can any one help?

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Noahs flood
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »

gallenwalsh,

Noah and his sons had their wives with them in the ark.  Maybe you are thinking about Noah's sons "sons" (grandsons) who would have been born after the flood. ???

Genesis 8:15 - "And God speaketh unto Noah, saying, `Go out from the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee;

Genesis 8:18 - "And Noah goeth out, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him;

Genesis 9:1 - "And God blesseth Noah, and his sons, and saith to them, `Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth;

René

Extol

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »

Gallenwalsh,

This is not from the Scriptures, but it is something Ray quoted in his Flood teaching in 2008. Perhaps this is what you were thinking of?

Now all the writers of barbarian histories make mention of this flood, and of this ark; among whom is Berosus the Chaldean. For when he is describing the circumstances of the flood, he goes on thus: "It is said there is still some part of this ship in Armenia, at the mountain of the Cordyaeans; and that some people carry off pieces of the bitumen, which they take away, and use chiefly as amulets for the averting of mischiefs." Hieronymus the Egyptian also, who wrote the Phoenician Antiquities, and Mnaseas, and a great many more, make mention of the same. Nay, Nicolaus of Damascus, in his ninety-sixth book, hath a particular relation about them; where he speaks thus: "There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris, upon which it is reported that many who fled at the time of the Deluge were saved; and that one who was carried in an ark came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved. This might be the man about whom Moses the legislator of the Jews wrote."

--Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews 1:3:6.

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 04:32:59 PM »

Hi GallenWalsh,
                      the scripture you want is (Gen 10:1-5).

God bless. Sorry for the 5 years delay, lol.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.