bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Claim it in Jesus Name?  (Read 3859 times)

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Claim it in Jesus Name?
« on: February 16, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have heard this phrase used a number of times: "i claim it in Jesus Name" is this scriptural? Thanks.

Stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

Nelson Boils

Re: Claim it in Jesus Name?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 03:32:50 PM »

Hi,

I've also heard it a number of times,more recently about an hour ago.This lady said:"I receive it in the name of Jesus."

I know the church use it a lot.So if the church uses it,probably it is faulse--probably!!

Wittenberg

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 03:48:03 PM »

It seems to be a device to get "god" to do something from my non-perfect perspective.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 05:57:44 PM »

John 14:13  And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
v. 14  If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Hi Stello, I think they are using this Scripture reference in thinking they can get whatever 'they' want if "you ask in My name." But we know that it doesn't work that way, you cannot take this one Scripture and demand what you want from God, "The sum of your word is truth," (Psa 119:160).

1John 5:14  Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
v. 15  And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

James 4:3  You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

That is the key to to ask "according to His will"... our thinking must be in line with His thinking.

Php 2:4  Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
v. 5  Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

Eph 4:22  that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
v. 23  and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
v. 24  and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

stello

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »

Thank you all!! So much for me to learn, but i thank God is is merciful and loving!

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »

I think this really means you are asking with the authority of Jesus.

When the US Secretary of State visits another country he/she can make agreements that the President will agree to. It's like they are talking directly to the President. That's how much power the secretary of state has.

Weather any individual has that power / faith now is another topic.

Luk 17:6  And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.