bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Me Understand Universialism  (Read 4444 times)

JAH

Help Me Understand Universialism
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:26:26 PM »

I've been interested in the topic of universialism for the last few months. I'd like to know for those who believe in this doctrine if it's true how do you explain these verses?

Matthew 7:21-23-Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

1 Corinthians 6:10- nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

These verses sound very serious to the point where there will be people that won't enter the Kingdom of God. So if Christ died for all and all will be reconciled with God how do you explain these verses?

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Help Me Understand Universialism
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:13:39 PM »

JAH,

Your questions assume too much. You are assuming that the verse in Matthew says "Depart from me FOREVER..." Likewise you assume that we believe thieves and drunkards will be saved as thieves and drunkards. Some "universalists" do teach that, but we certainly don't. This is a forum to discuss Ray Smith's writings, and Ray wrote PLENTY about judgment. He wrote more about judgment than many famous theologians and authors who teach eternal damnation.

I suggest you read Ray's Lake of Fire series, found on the Bible Truths homepage. It will take a long time, but it's well worth it and will answer the basic questions you have concerning universal salvation.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 08:26:27 PM »

Jesse is right. You'll have to do more than a little studying. But the short answer is thieves, covetous, drunkards,revilers, extortioners, etc. will be cleansed in the Lake of Fire and will then enter the Kingdom. I suggest you start reading. The truth will set you free.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:24:23 PM by Rene »

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »

Agree with the above.  Jah, you'll have to contribute some elbow grease if you want to understand and understanding will only come if God opens your mind and spirit to his truth.  Start with the Lake of Fire series and work your way through it.  What we have been taught in the churches and church systems are error.  Ray goes through it precept by precept and step by step using scriptures and only scripture....but it won't come overnight or with a few answers to questions from the people here. 

What was also very helpful to me in my studies were Ray's audio and video teachings that he did;  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,13.0.html

To see and hear in what manner and how he was teaching will show you something as well.

And here is a list of Ray's emails where specific questions were answered:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3108.0.html

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 09:25:21 PM »

rick

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 01:15:21 PM »

New American Standard Bible Rom 14:11
For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."

This includes all ,whom Christ said depart from me you workers of iniquity.

God bless.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 07:59:24 PM »

Here is another Scripture to add to what Rick posted.

Php 2:9  Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
v. 10  that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
v. 11  and that every tongue should confess (G1843) that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

G1843 exomologeō - confess - to acknowledge or (by implication of assent) agree fully: - confess, profess, promise.

I heard preachers say something like 'they will bow their knee or God will break them and make them'... I don't think that's the meaning of this Scripture, not at all. But there will come a time when all people will willingly confess from the heart that Christ is their Lord. There would be no point in lying about it, as God knows our hearts.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Joel

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 01:13:32 AM »

I think that facing the Almighty God and Savior will melt the hardest heart, and soften the toughest hide of any man that has ever lived.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.