bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praise  (Read 3011 times)

Wittenberg

Praise
« on: March 03, 2016, 01:24:44 AM »

I had been unsure how to prest the gospel to my son for a few years. He is starting to get to an age where he can start to understand more concepts (8), so I've started to get into some deeper things. It's been pretty revealing.
I discovered that my son has a pretty firm grasp of "christian" thinking, "the devil makes people sin" etc. I have never taught that to him, but the world gets to them I guess.
My praise to God is this: when I told him that it actually is God that is in total control and that He saves everyone, I got to see a huge smile spread across his face. He gets it! I've also noticed over the past few weeks his behavior and attitude improve. I am seeing the Truth sanctify him and give him freedom in many things. Don't get me wrong, he's still a mischievous boy, but I can see some burden lifted from him a bit.
I've also been blessed by his questions and his 8 year old logic.

If there are any parents out there that are hesitant to tell their children the truth about God, pray on it and follow the Spirit, you may be blessed too.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Praise
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 01:40:01 AM »

Sweet evidence of the strange work God is doing.  His ways run counter to the way the world is sure things work.  It even runs counter to the way many think it OUGHT to work.  I pray he overcomes the world, and that is the will of God for him.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Wittenberg

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 01:44:20 AM »

I pray that too, but it is so good to know that no matter what he'll know the Lord someday
Thanks for your encouragement.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 10:50:07 AM »

You are right Wittenberg, they will learn things out in the world and it is best to start teaching them about God at a young age. I have really young grandchildren (unchurched) that I am beginning to tell about God. As the Christians world celebrates the way they do, our children see these things. So I tell them the real story, in an age appropriate way, and it way be a bit confusing with the differences there are, but I think it will help them in the long run.

Deu 6:5  You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
v. 6  "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.
v. 7  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.