bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temptation  (Read 7184 times)

Kat

Re: Temptation
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »

James 1:12  Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him.
v. 13  Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man:
v. 14  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
v. 15  Then when lust hath conceived(G4815), it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

G4815 syllambanō - conceived - seize, take: one as prisoner

Hi Michael, if you can see what Jesus is saying here the temptation itself is not the sin, it is when we are "drawn away... enticed" by our own lust/desire for the particular sin, THEN our own desire has brought forth sin. So the sin is first conceived in the mind/heart... "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Mat 5:28). As believers we must walk according to the Spirit, which is a higher law than the letter.

Gal 5:16  But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
v. 17  For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
v. 18  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
v. 19  Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
v. 20  idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
v. 21  envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
v. 22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
v. 23  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
v. 24  And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Mike Gagne

Re: Temptation
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 05:45:19 PM »

Thanks Kat,
So when it comes from my heart it is not sin, and judging it is a good thing to do, that will help me to not do those things!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:47:29 PM by Michael G »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.