bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Cor 15:51  (Read 30428 times)

Mike Gagne

Re: 1 Cor 15:51
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 02:04:59 PM »

Just thought this would go well right here ...

Psa 72:11  Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.
Psa 72:12  For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
Psa 72:13  He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
Psa 72:14  He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.

We are all poor, needy and wretched!!

Romans 7:24   (KJV)

24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Kat

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 02:14:38 PM »

Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

The elect will hide in their "chambers" until His wrath has passed, sort of like Noah and his family hiding in the ark.

They only need to hide for a little moment, so I am guessing the things in Luke 21:25, 26 won't take too long.

"My people" was the nation of Israel in the OT and later when Christ was on earth the Jews that crucified Him... isn't that who He is saying should hide from His coming wrath?

When Christ descends from the heavens to the earth the elect will have already been gathered.

Mat 24:31  And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

So when Christ comes He will have His elect with Him, they will not be hiding.

Rev 19:11  Then I saw heaven standing open, and there was a white horse! Its Rider is named Faithful and True. He administers justice and wages war righteously.
v. 12  His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on His head are many royal crowns. He has a name written on Him that nobody knows except Himself.
v. 13  He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called the Word of God.
v. 14  The armies of heaven, wearing fine linen, white and pure, follow Him on white horses.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »

Matthew 21:31   (KJV)

31  Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Yep, that's the "season", Mike.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »

Mat 24:31  And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Unless that "event" follows Luke 21:28.

Rev 19:11  Then I saw heaven standing open, and there was a white horse! Its Rider is named Faithful and True. He administers justice and wages war righteously.
v. 12  His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on His head are many royal crowns. He has a name written on Him that nobody knows except Himself.
v. 13  He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called the Word of God.
v. 14  The armies of heaven, wearing fine linen, white and pure, follow Him on white horses.

Are these "events"?  Or Spiritual truths?  Does it only happen once, and only in the future?  We've got to be careful with the Revelation.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

zvezda

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 02:45:24 PM »

Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

The elect will hide in their "chambers" until His wrath has passed, sort of like Noah and his family hiding in the ark.

They only need to hide for a little moment, so I am guessing the things in Luke 21:25, 26 won't take too long.

"My people" was the nation of Israel in the OT and later when Christ was on earth the Jews that crucified Him... isn't that who He is saying should hide from His coming wrath?

So the Jews will be able to hide and Jesus will spare them from His wrath? I thought only the elect would be spared?

Mike Gagne

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 03:29:38 PM »

Hi Dave, yes you got me thinking on that...

Luk 21:27  And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28  And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Are the elect not seeing this now? I think so!

Isaiah 12:1-3   (KJV)

12:1  And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3  Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

And a second witness for the rest..

Isaiah 11:10-11   (BBE)

10  And in that day, the eyes of the nations will be turned to the root of Jesse which will be lifted up as the flag of the peoples; and his resting-place will be glory.
11  And in that day the hand of the Lord will be stretched out the second time to get back the rest of his people, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the sea-lands.

And then I am sure the rest will see this

Rev 19:11  And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12  His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13  And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14  And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:16  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Do we not see that now?  And will they not see it then? But will they see it with this added?

Rev 19:15  And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

I am I seeing you right?  I think your right it is a spiritual truth...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:36:33 PM by Michael G »

Kat

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 04:25:31 PM »

So the Jews will be able to hide and Jesus will spare them from His wrath? I thought only the elect would be spared?

Of course they cannot hide from Him, no more than any will. It's a figure of speak that implies the Jews should hide their face because they rejected their Savior when He was in the flesh.

Heb 4:13  And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Unless that "event" follows Luke 21:28.

Are these "events"?  Or Spiritual truths?  Does it only happen once, and only in the future?  We've got to be careful with the Revelation.

Certainly these Scripture have a spiritual application as well as a literal. When you see "new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband" (Rev 21:2). Is that just a spiritual truth or does it indicate Christ will literally return with the elect/bride to reign on earth?

He has come to the elect now in this life spiritually, but we anticipate His return and the resurrection of the rest of the elect, that I believe to be an actual event, yet future.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:27:35 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 04:36:24 PM »

Mike, Ray taught very clearly in the LOF series that the "events" of the Revelation were the Spiritual Revelation of Jesus Christ, and that they are present, past, and future...because they reveal HIM, and He is, was, and will be.

I have a quite tortured relationship to 'eschatologies'.  What I have found (much to my surprise) in the past 8 years is that I am living one.  Now.  Further, I always have been, even in ignorance.  And the best is yet to come.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 04:44:11 PM »

Hi Dave, so then what I said was in line?

He is, was and will be in all the events I stated.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:47:02 PM by Michael G »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 05:01:27 PM »

Mike, Ray taught very clearly in the LOF series that the "events" of the Revelation were the Spiritual Revelation of Jesus Christ, and that they are present, past, and future...because they reveal HIM, and He is, was, and will be.

I have a quite tortured relationship to 'eschatologies'.  What I have found (much to my surprise) in the past 8 years is that I am living one.  Now.  Further, I always have been, even in ignorance.  And the best is yet to come.

Very True for me as well :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:06:50 PM by Michael G »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 05:15:08 PM »

Kat, I just don't think you can state dogmatically that the elect will not be on the earth at the moment of His appearing.  Even speaking "literally" (I hate that word), we have to suss out the "timeline" from several sources...no one scripture is it's own interpretation.  Jesus is telling US to LOOK UP in Luke 21:28 when we see these things begin to happen, for our redemption draweth NIGH.  Not YET, bu NIGH.  Isn't it conceivable that, literally, we 'look up', and THEN Matthew 24:31 happens?  There's no contradiction.

I think zvezda's reading of Isaiah 26:20 is in line with Scripture and with what Ray taught on the Elect escaping wrath and indignation.   

Kat

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 05:43:59 PM »

Yes Dave, I can see it as you said, that sequence does seem to fit, but there is still the elect meeting Him in the air, which does seem to happen before He puts His foot on the earth.

1Thess 4:16  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
v. 17  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Now I believe this to be an physical event, because it was actually a physical event when Jesus left the earth to return to heaven... no not to live in the clouds... but ascending up was the means He used to depart.

Acts 1:9  Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
v. 10  And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,
v. 11  who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

It's hard to put all the Scripture up that apply to a subject every time you post, but I try to use the pertinent ones.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

zvezda

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 05:53:23 PM »

Of course they cannot hide from Him, no more than any will. It's a figure of speak that implies the Jews should hide their face because they rejected their Savior when He was in the flesh.

I know they can't hide from Him. I don't think the verse (Isa 26:20) implies they are hiding from Him. They are just told to hide (escape) from the destruction that comes with His wrath. It's like Noah was hiding in the ark from all the destruction.

Kat

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »

I know they can't hide from Him. I don't think the verse (Isa 26:20) implies they are hiding from Him. They are just told to hide (escape) from the destruction that comes with His wrath. It's like Noah was hiding in the ark from all the destruction.

The elect just do not need to hide from Christ, they will be judging the world with Christ when He returns, they will be causing the 'destruction' of the carnal minds in the next age. Noah was not hiding on the ark... the Ark represents Christ and Noah was 'IN' It, as Christ is in us and we are in Him.

John 17:20  "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
v. 21  that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
v. 22  And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:

John 6:56  He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.

Here is an email from Ray about the elect will judge with Christ.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4445.0.html ---------------

It just amazes me how utterly short-sighted Biblical scholars and theologians can be when they are locked into their pagan traditions. Jesus had a special REWARD/AWARD for all His followers. What was it? Heaven? NO. Eternal life? NO. All humanity will be given immortality which is in effect eternal, everlasting life.

So what is so special that only the CHOSEN FEW will receive it? It is ruling and reigning and judging with Jesus Christ!  This reign is "eonian" or "age-lasting." It is decidedly NOT "eternal," as we are plainly told that it will END (I Cor. 15:25). Jesus rules only "UNTIL" He puts all enemies under His feet, at which time He hands over the reign of the Kingdom to His God and Father (Verses 27-28). All enemies will learn RIGHTEOUSNESS and ultimately be saved (Isa. 26:9, I Tim. 2:4, I Tim. 4:10, Phil. 2:9-11, Eph. 1:10, etc., etc., etc).

And so, those who do not quality to rule, reign, and judge with Christ, will themselves BE JUDGED. And judgment means to set things right. Hence "the [wicked] shall go away into everlasting [Gk: 'eonian'] punishment [Gk: 'chastisement']: but the righteous [the chosen Elect Few[ into life eternal [Gk: 'eonian' also]"  (Matt. 25:46). Aionios is the adjective form of the noun aion. Aion means an "age."  Aionios means that which pertains to an age. Eternus is a Latin word that surprisingly traces it etymology to the Greek word aion. Eternus never, ever meant "endless time" until hundreds of years after the Bible was completed and the Catholic Church decided that aions would be now taught to be "ENDLESS ages." As aion and aionios never meant endless, the word endless had to be affixed to aion and aionos in order to ever give it such a false and erroneous meaning.

The root of "kolasis" means "cutting off," as in pruning a tree. One prunes a tree to make it PRODUCE MORE FRUIT, not to kill it!  The wicked are chastised (judged) for the period of Christ's reign and the Saints reign for the period of Christ's reign. Both periods are the same length--until their purpose has been accomplished. Simple, huh? And Scriptural as well. God will torture no one for all eternity. That is blasphemously insane!!

God be with you,
Ray

zvezda

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 08:28:01 PM »

The elect just do not need to hide from Christ, they will be judging the world with Christ when He returns, they will be causing the 'destruction' of the carnal minds in the next age. Noah was not hiding on the ark... the Ark represents Christ and Noah was 'IN' It, as Christ is in us and we are in Him.

Of course the elect don't need to hide from Christ, like I said in my last post, they are not really hiding from Christ, they are just told to escape from His wrath and wait a little moment, then the wrath will pass and they will start judging the world with Christ.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:32:34 PM by zvezda »

Kat

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 09:24:30 PM »

When the day of the Lord's wrath comes, it will not last a little moment, that is the great white throne judgment of the world that last for an age, "For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet" (1Cor 15:25). However there are those who want to hide from Him though...

Rev 6:14  Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.
v. 15  And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains,
v. 16  and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
v. 17  For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

I just cannot accept the idea that the elect will escape/hide from the Lord's wrath, as they that will sit on the throne with Christ to judge the world.

Rev 3:21  To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

octoberose

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 10:20:34 PM »

Such a good discussion. I hope I don't take it to the weeds.  ;D
     My question is , the elect meet Christ in the air - both those alive at the time He comes and those who are resurrected from the dead who are HIs. Then everyone else who has ever died is resurrected for the great white throne judgement. Now, I'm thinking physically and not spiritually but does everyone now live on the earth? Or does this take place somewhere else?  What do all these people do? Where do they live? How does that work? I know- I think in simple terms. Do we have any idea?   
 I thought that  the New Jerusalem would be after the judgement was over- so, I can't wrap my head around all this. Do you have an understanding of this?

zvezda

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 10:37:44 PM »

When the day of the Lord's wrath comes, it will not last a little moment, that is the great white throne judgment of the world that last for an age, "For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet" (1Cor 15:25). However there are those who want to hide from Him though...

Okay, I see where the confusion is. It seems that you think the Lord's wrath is the same thing as the judgement day.

I just think they are two events -

1) the Lord's wrath will come first, he will send punishment on the people of the earth, it will bring destruction

Isa 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

Isa 26:21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

2) After the wrath/indignation has passed, then the judgement begins, the people of the world will learn righteousness.

Isa 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

judgement = correction, not punishment, that's why I think Lord's wrath and judgement are not the same thing.

Kat

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 11:57:44 PM »

zvezda, the day of the Lord is the great day of His wrath has come that I just showed you in Rev 6:17 and that is the judgment.

Rom 2:5  But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

Job 19:29  Be afraid of the sword for yourselves; For wrath brings the punishment of the sword, That you may know there is a judgment."

Such a good discussion. I hope I don't take it to the weeds.  ;D
     My question is , the elect meet Christ in the air - both those alive at the time He comes and those who are resurrected from the dead who are HIs. Then everyone else who has ever died is resurrected for the great white throne judgement. Now, I'm thinking physically and not spiritually but does everyone now live on the earth? Or does this take place somewhere else?  What do all these people do? Where do they live? How does that work? I know- I think in simple terms. Do we have any idea?   
 I thought that  the New Jerusalem would be after the judgement was over- so, I can't wrap my head around all this. Do you have an understanding of this?

These questions always come up... it's an curious topic for sure. We do know there is the first resurrection of the elect, then the rest of the dead after that, "in his own order" (1 Cor 15:23). What does that mean? Will there be stages of resurrection? It does not specify, but that comment makes you wonder.

But however it comes about I have confidence that God has considered every detail and I'm sure His plan is prepared to take care of every need. Revelation 21 says there will be a "new earth" and in chapter 22 it says v. 3 "there shall be no more curse"... does that mean those from Genesis? Maybe He will change things so the earth will be a more accommodating place to live, nature can be quite hostile now. But Scripture says the reign of Christ in next age will take place on earth.

Rev 5:10  And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth."

Luke 11:2  So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.

New Jerusalem - is "prepared as a bride adorned for her husband," (Rev 21:2), it is the temple of God, and that is made up of the elect.

Rev 3:12  He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

I've already given Scripture that show the elect rule with Christ on His throne (Rev 3:21), not literal physical huge throne sitting on earth somewhere, but it mean they will be given power and authority under Christ.

1Cor 6:2  Do you not know that the saints will judge the world?

These are the Scripture I see on these things, that's what I go on.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2016, 01:27:45 AM »

Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1Th_1:10  And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Th_5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Zvezda seems to be linking Isaiah's prophecy to Paul's words.  I agree. 

So then the elect are saved from the wrath to come.  Are they involved in it?  It is HIS wrath, and only He knows how to do it.  We are saved from it. 

Rom_12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Several times we are told not to have or exercise wrath.  Do the rules change?  What I find hard to believe is that He is going to require the elect to do something for which they have no practice, or are out of practice.  And we had best be "out of practice".

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these...wrath, ...and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Let HIM do the work He knows how to do, and that He claims for Himself.   

Where are the elect in this "timeline"?  Maybe here?

Rev_11:18  And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

And afterwards?

2Co 5:18  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

That, we may be qualified to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.