bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many mansions  (Read 3306 times)

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Many mansions
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:01:50 PM »

John 14:2  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. What  is this referring to?

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

Kat

Re: Many mansions
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 02:58:53 PM »

Hi Stello, Jesus had been speaking to His disciples (in chapter 13) about His returning to the Father in heaven.

John 13:36  Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me afterward."

Jesus knew His leaving them was troubling to them, so He continues on to explain and comfort them.

John 14:1  "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
v. 2  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
v. 3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

I think Jesus uses the word "mansion" as something they could relate to, like a grand dwelling place. I think it's meant to help them see that Jesus is not just leaving them alone, but it was necessary for Him to go away, so He could actually get them ready to join Him. The "Father's house" is the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 22:29  And I appoint a kingdom to you, as My Father has appointed to Me,
v. 30  that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Heaven is not a physical place, but a state of being/mind - spiritual conversion by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, linking us to God. God's elect are beginning to be lifted out of this physical dominion/thinking, so to speak, we are tasting/producing the fruit of the Spirit - this is Christ preparing a place for us.

2Cor 3:18 Now we all, with uncovered face, mirroring the Lord's glory, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the spirit." (CLV)

Mat 25:34  Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

1Cor 2:9  But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Many mansions
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 04:50:29 PM »

I understand!! Thanks so much Kat.

Stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.