bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are There 3 Ages  (Read 4225 times)

JAH

Are There 3 Ages
« on: March 13, 2016, 05:44:04 AM »

Am I correct that there are 3 ages:

First age = the age we live in now aka the present age
Second age = the Millennial reign of Christ
Third age = Judgement day and the New Earth and Heavens are created and we live in eternal life with God

Mike Gagne

Re: Are There 3 Ages
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 10:47:46 AM »

Hi JAH

IS, WAS, AND WILL BE...

Just thought it fit right here.

Michael

Kat

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 12:18:38 PM »

Hi JAH,

Well presently we are in the church age, now when "the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God" (1 Peter 4:17). The next age begins when Christ returns and resurrects His elect, that we see is shown by Christ's own words.

Luke 18:30  who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal (eonian) life."

Mar 10:30  who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal (eonian) life.

The next age is when the elect are given 'thrones,' meaning authority and power to judge, that would also be the great white throne, the main judgment period.

Rev 3:21  To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Dan 7:18  But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever (for the age), even forever and ever (for the age of the ages).'

Rev 2:25  Nevertheless that which ye have, hold fast till I come.
v. 26  And he that overcometh, and he that keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give authority over the nations:

Rev 5:10  And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth."

All those Scripture show that the elect will reign and rule and judge the nations in the next age under Christ. Now there is a Scripture that does cause confusion, but it is determined to be spurious and not in the original manuscripts, but added some time later, so it can be disregarded.

Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished (spurious). This is the first resurrection.

You can see the whole list of spurious Scripture here http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6638.0.html

Since there are some that Christ spoke of as not being forgiven in the next age (Matt 12:32), we can only assume there will be an age after the next age (perhaps many more ages) for those to repent and be forgiven. Because we know every creature will eventually bow the knee to Christ, not out of false obligation, but in true worship and praise.

Php 2:9  Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
v. 10  that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, (the dead, in their grave)
v. 11  and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Isa 45:22  "Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
v. 23  I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath.
v. 24  He shall say, 'Surely in the LORD I have righteousness and strength. To Him men shall come, And all shall be ashamed Who are incensed against Him.

Hope this helps.
mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:00:43 PM by Kat »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 12:33:31 PM »

Am I correct that there are 3 ages:

First age = the age we live in now aka the present age
Second age = the Millennial reign of Christ
Third age = Judgement day and the New Earth and Heavens are created and we live in eternal life with God

I know of no scripture(s) that support the statement that there are just 3 ages as you have indicated above.  As Kathy mentioned in her reply, there may be many more ages to come.

Using the Rotherham Emphasized bible, there are many scriptures that speak of the "ages of ages" (Phil. 4:20, 1Tim 1:17, 2Tim 4:18, Heb 13:21, 1Pet 4:11, Rev. 1:18).  What this means in terms of a number, I do not know for sure.

René

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 01:47:03 PM »

Didn't Ray teach that time never had a beginning and will never have an end? If so, then the 3 ages that were mentioned are only the beginning. After these ages comes the "all in all", where we would ever be learning from the Father for forevermore in the perfect fruit of the Spirit, if I recall Ray's teaching on that subject. It's an awesome thought.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 02:26:19 PM »

Didn't Ray teach that time never had a beginning and will never have an end? If so, then the 3 ages that were mentioned are only the beginning. After these ages comes the "all in all", where we would ever be learning from the Father for forevermore in the perfect fruit of the Spirit, if I recall Ray's teaching on that subject. It's an awesome thought.

That was my thoughts as well

Is ( the age at hand ) Was ( the age past ) Will be ( the age ahead )...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:35:21 PM by Michael G »

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 03:34:01 PM »

1 Cor. 2:7  Time before God created any eons
Heb 1:2  Then God made the eons
Col. 1:26  There were eons in the past
Gal. 1:4  Present wicked age
Lk 1:35  Christ reigns 1000 years
Rev. 22:5  and this age
1 Cor. 10:11  Last eon comes to an end

thewatchman

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 04:31:47 AM »

according to some teaching we are currently in the 3rd age.
1. genesis to Moses
2. Moses to Christ.
3. Christ until now but until end of the age
4. miillenial rule
5. new age
with many after

8)

Joel

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »

The way I see it God worked mainly with the physical children of Abraham for around 2,000 years. Paul was instructed by the Lord Jesus to turn his preaching of the Gospel to the Gentiles, a short period of time immediately after Jesus arose from the dead and Set up the Church that includes all people of the world.
Luke 21:24 speaks of the times of the Gentiles being fulfilled.
Everything seems to be going as planned, as God showed it to the prophet Daniel over 2,500 years ago.
Scriptures may indicate a morning, noon, evening, and night time frame also.

Joel

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.