bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Peter 3/9  (Read 3664 times)

truth96130

2 Peter 3/9
« on: March 21, 2016, 04:24:33 AM »

2 Peter 3/19
I have seen a video where Ray uses this verse to prove God desires to save everyone.
There are those that claim it is only speaking to the elect.

1. They say the audience is the elect, the verse even says it is directed to US when it says
(us-ward).
2. They say this verse is saying--
God is not wiling that any of the (elect) perish and God IS willing that all the (elect) come to repentance.

How would you explain this is not only speaking about the elect only?

I would say--
There is so doubt that the audience is the elect.
However God could simply be telling the audience that he is NEVER willing
that literally any person on earth anywhere, perish.
And always willing, that everyone on earth, come to repentance.
That of cores applies to the (elect) also but is not limited to them.

Nelson Boils

Re: 2 Peter 3/9
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 06:58:05 AM »

Luke 3:6  all flesh shall see the salvation of God

Rom 14:11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God

Phil 2:10-11  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

Isa 52:10  The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Ps 22:27-28  All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD's: and he is the governor among the nations

John 12:32 "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.

And this last verse has absolutely no loopholes whatsoever.NONE!Only a blind man will deny this last verse:

1 John 2:2  He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world

And and and and etc.,etc.,etc.,

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:03:50 AM »

Hi truth,

In a couple of his Bible studies (Foundational Truths and Despising the Word of God), Ray talked about such people who deny these truths. The tactic he advised is to take control by going on the offensive: rather than try and explain all these truths, make THEM give a verse that says what THEY think is the truth. In this case, make THEM show you a verse that says "God sometimes is willing that some will perish." 

Or with 1 Tim. 2:4, "God wills that all mankind be saved..."  If they deny this, make THEM show you a verse that says "God does NOT will that all mankind be saved...."

The point being, they cannot come up with a verse that says the opposite of these truths, and if they did, the Bible would contradict itself and we would have to throw it out anyway. Sure, they will try--you ask them to show you a verse that says "God is willing that some will perish" and they will say "He says 'Depart from me, I never knew you'" or something like that. They will think they are coming up with a good answer, because they are quoting the Bible. But that verse--nor any of the "everlasting punishment" verses--does not say that God is willing that some perish, or that God does NOT will that all mankind be saved. They think it means that, but they lack understanding.

Of course, this tactic will rarely work, and I wouldn't recommend using it with most Christians. If they are genuinely interested and want to learn the truth, by all means. But if they just want to point out where you are wrong, it's a fruitless endeavor. God has blinded them, and only God can open their eyes, no matter how much sense you talk to them.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »

Hi truth96130, welcome to the forum  :)

Though that person may have a point in his argument against the salvation of all in THAT Scripture, the thing is that particular Scripture will NOT contradict with the rest of Scripture.

In many articles we are shown that 1 Scripture should not be used to establish a truth, there needs to be at least a 2nd witness/Scripture to confirm what is being said. The article 'Twelve Truths to Understanding His Word' explains this very well, at this link http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

But even though there can be found another Scripture to support that idea that the elect will be saved it still must line up with the numerous other Scripture that states God will save the world. Just because a Scripture or 2 is stating a certain thing it does not eliminate or exclude what the rest of Scripture say.

Psa 119:160  The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

We have a FAQ (frequently asked questions) section and one of the topics is '100 Verses Proclaiming the 'Salvation of All'' that you might like to see at this link http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11798.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:45:50 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.