bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about Spiritual darkness.  (Read 7446 times)

Miranda_78

Questions about Spiritual darkness.
« on: March 29, 2016, 01:35:48 AM »

I was wondering if we can be affected by vodoo magic, curses,  witchcraft, phychic demons or demons from other people?  I recently read an article of someone who said, a Christian cannot be affected by these things, we are protected. But, as i draw closer to God and am away from the dark, world were in, i cannot help but see how there is so much witchcraft, magic, and rebellion.  people messing around with these things and i feel uncomfotable from dark roots. hatred, that men have toward God and how it affects us Christians.
Can we be affected?
Ray has said that the beast has illusions. What if we are around these illusions everyday? To where we have to fight them, and aknowledge them or if people use illusions against us? In a deadly way.
I see innuendo games being left by people and wonder if it's a type of magic game, or if it's just my beast being deceived by it? Can anyone help, and explain where i am going at here.

Maybe someone has gone through what i am talking about.
when i was deep in the world i never knew there were such things as witchcraft and evil. So all these things and of darkness are difficult to overcome now that i see it clearly. Kind of scary as well. But by God's grace he is helping me through.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:54:11 PM by Miranda_78 »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Questions about Spiritual darkness.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 12:23:43 PM »

They have no power over you unless you invite them in.

Lev 19:31  Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Act 17:22  Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

And more I'm sure.

Porter

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 12:09:47 AM »

20 some odd years ago before my wife and I got married, we messed around with one of them Ouija boards. It moved and  spelled out the name of a person we knew, and very shortly after he died.

The following days my wife felt like there was an evil presence stalking her. She has seen things she cannot explain, my children experience things that are downright scary to think about. I personally have not experienced much, at least nothing like the rest of my family. Odd things continue to happen to this day.

So yeah, like Dennis said don't mess with stuff like that as I think sometimes God can and does cause people to experience things if they believe them.

I'm not making any kind of stand on this. This is just me trying to explain something I don't know very much about. So I'm open to correction and a better explanation.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

rick

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 12:51:57 AM »

What does light have in commom with darkness ? Think upon Holy things and righteousness and dwell not on spiritual darkness !

They are not your friends but are your enemy, for Satan is like a hungry lion seeking whom he might devour.

God bless.

rickylittleton

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 12:35:25 PM »

When I was growing up in the 60's, a lot of older people would talk about their experiences they had with other people who had gone to the psalm reader or, as we would call them, the root worker. As we grew up, we grew away from a lot of that stuff, and found out that the few who dabbled with that stuff were just faker's. "But" there are doors that should not be open, and some invitation's that should not be made. This hut's close to me because my mother in law is one who has in the recent past had to deal with some very nerve shaking things that she once dabble in! It took prayer, and the power of God for her to have peace in her home. Tim     

Mike Gagne

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »

Hi Miranda,
I was wondering if we can be affected by vodoo magic, curses,  witchcraft, phychic demons or demons from other people?

Revelation 3:7   (KJV)

7  And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Isa 22:22  And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Protection from the Lord!!

Exodus 10:21-23   (KJV)

21  And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.
22  And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:
23  They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.

Psa 91:1  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psa 91:2  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psa 91:3  Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
Psa 91:4  He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Psa 91:5  Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Psa 91:6  Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psa 91:7  A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Righteousness, Peace and Joy

Michael
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 01:26:38 PM by Michael G »

jingle52

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 02:44:33 PM »

Scary even to think of it... There are many places where Jesus drew out the wicked and evil spirits from people, so they can and will possess those who call and invite them as Denis also mentions.
I never understood how some people could be interested in all those activities you mentioned Miranda

Jingle

Miranda_78

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 05:23:42 PM »

Dennis- i was meaning "forcefully"anyone  putting them on you to attack. sorry, i forgot to mention that Thank you Dennis.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:27:23 PM by Miranda_78 »

Miranda_78

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 05:43:05 PM »

Thanks to all the responses. But as i mentioned to Dennis, i was meaning forcefully. Oftentimes phychics tell people things without their permission as my uncle expirienced one time, as well my sister. So i was meaning a witch casting a ritual spell on you because she does not like you.
Or someone putting out curses purposfully.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 05:49:36 PM »

Hi Miranda,

If God be for you, who can be against you?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:53:46 PM by Michael G »

rick

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 06:38:34 PM »

Hi Miranda,

If God before you, who can be against you?

I often wondered about the translation of that scripture because it ask who can be against you ? well we know the devil and his minions are against us for starters.

My spiritual common sense tells me it is a mistranslation which probably should read as if God is for us who can succeed against us, just my opinion.

God bless.

Kat

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 06:47:09 PM »

Thanks to all the responses. But as i mentioned to Dennis, i was meaning forcefully. Oftentimes phychics tell people things without their permission as my uncle expirienced one time, as well my sister. So i was meaning a witch casting a ritual spell on you because she does not like you.
Or someone putting out curses purposfully.

James 4:7  Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

1Peter 5:6  Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
v. 7  casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
v. 8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
v. 9  Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

Here are a few emails on this.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=6962.0 -------

my name is Sara, i was born into a traditional christian family in india. as children, we were taught that demons, generational curses, and such things were believed only by hindus and other 'pagans'. also, jesus conquered the devil, so there was no more threat from that years later, my husband and both children suffered from terrible illnesses, especially my daughter and doctors said there was no hope, no cure. all we could do was pray...
we were in serious financial difficulty as well, as my husband and i were unemployed then.

about that time, i came across Derek Prince's book on Blessings and Curses .... it was a shock to read that demons and curses were true since then, i've prayed more & more with renewed faith. my husband suddenly got a very good job and God healed my daughter in such a way that doctors could find no traces of her former disease i believe that God is the author of everything, & i now pray all the time (w hile cooking or washing up, etc)....   and i continue asking God to protect me & my family from Satan and from demons.
am i becoming enslaved to this notion? if so, how do i overcome it? please help

Dear Sara:  Jesus said that "the TRUTH shall set your FREE" (John 8:32).  What is the truth concerning this matter?  Here is the Truth:

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

There are NO curses, NO demons, NO adverse sentences from God upon those who are "IN Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the SPIRIT."

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3013.0.html --------

many folk believe a christian still need to be delivered of some things like curses,ill lock,hereditary curses e.t.c pls i need more insights about this topic.
    thanks
    oluwallogbon

Dear Oluwallogbon:
    No, of course not. This is all superstitious nonsense. You are not under any generational curses, or back luck or any such thing.

"There is therefore NOW [at this time] NO CONDEEMNATION to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh [the threat of generalizational curses and such fleshly nonsense], but after the Spirit" (Rom. 8:1).

Heb 4:16--" Let us therefore come BOLDLY unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. "

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4060.0.html -------

Dear Susan:  The only reason for a brother to discontinue fellowship with another is gross SIN.  There could take many forms: immorality, teaching heresy, etc.

Your pastor has no power to "curse you," nor is there a Scripture to justify cursing another.

God be with you,
Ray

Mike Gagne

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 06:53:24 PM »

Rick ,

Hi Miranda,

I often wondered about the translation of that scripture because it ask who can be against you ? well we know the devil and his minions are against us for starters.

My spiritual common sense tells me it is a mistranslation which probably should read as if God is for us who can succeed against us, just my opinion.

God bless.

even your translation says the same thing

KJ : If God be for you, who can be against you?

your translation : if God is for us who can succeed against us,

Michael

Mike Gagne

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 08:29:29 PM »

The sovereign God

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Job 2:10  But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?

Mat 6:34  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Isa 54:16  Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

1Co 5:5  To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

The sovereign God said
Job 1:8  And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

And satan said
Job 1:11  But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

And the sovereign God said

Job 1:12  And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath isin thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Satan says again

Job 2:4-6   (KJV)

4  And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.

5  But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.

And the sovereign God said

6  And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life

Now if God before you who can be against you?  The destruction of the flesh ( all the idols of the heart, your carnality ) is for you, it has to happen!

Should we forget that God is sovereign, and Jesus rules in the kingdom of men! 

Michael
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:32:12 PM by Michael G »

rick

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 01:35:26 PM »

Rick ,

Hi Miranda,

God bless.

even your translation says the same thing

KJ : If God be for you, who can be against you?

your translation : if God is for us who can succeed against us,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I agree to disagree because if God is for me then does that mean Satan won't be against me? However if God is for me which to me means if God wants anyone to accomplish something , no one can stop that one.

God bless.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 02:59:58 PM »

We need to remember one of the reasons we are here is to learn about good and evil (some evils are only learned by experience). And you cannot even recognize good unless you have seen or experienced its opposite.

Act 14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Kat

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 04:33:37 PM »

Rom 8:31  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

So Paul is saying in this verse what conclusion should we draw from the above "things" he has just mentioned... and what things is that?

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
v. 29  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
v. 30  Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified (Strong's - be righteous, inoccent, just, free); and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

If we are God's chosen, we should feel so very blessed to know we are in His hands, He is working out all things for our good. Praise be to God, there is nothing in this world that we need to fear!

John 10:28  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
v. 29  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

And the rest of the chapter expresses Paul's complete confidence that God will not only bring us through all the trials that we face, but is leading us to the most glorious blessings beyond what any human being can imagine.

Rom 8:32  He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with him graciously give us all things?
v. 33  Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
v. 34  Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.
v. 35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
v. 36  As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."
v. 37  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
v. 38  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
v. 39  nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:59:49 PM by Kat »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 12:57:45 AM »

I was wondering if we can be affected by vodoo magic, curses,  witchcraft, phychic demons or demons from other people?  I recently read an article of someone who said, a Christian cannot be affected by these things, we are protected.

Actually, I believe that 'institutionalized church-rats' are affected by these things all the time... 'Deceptive Churches' are the darkest places ever.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 01:00:05 AM by Moises G. »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.