bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's not really me !  (Read 8525 times)

Kat

Re: It's not really me !
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 07:29:36 PM »

Hi Dave,

I thought when God calls us we become a new creation, a new creature and so this new man cannot sin.

Now the old man can sin and does sin and for this cause we are held accountable but if the bible says those in Christ do not sin then it must be the new man who does not sin.

Thats my understandings.

God bless.

Rick I think this is the Scripture you are referring to.

1John 3:9  Everyone who is begotten of God is not doing sin, for His seed is remaining in him, and he can not be sinning, for he is begotten of God." (CLV)

Now this Scripture all by itself seems to be what you are thinking means the elect "cannot sin." But here are more Scripture from John on this.

1John 1:7  But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
v. 8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
v. 9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
v. 10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
1John 2:1  My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
v. 2  And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Psa 119:160 The sum of Your word is truth, And all of Your righteous ordinances are eonian." (CLV)

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 07:32:20 PM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 12:02:23 AM »

Hi Dave,

I thought when God calls us we become a new creation, a new creature and so this new man cannot sin.

Now the old man can sin and does sin and for this cause we are held accountable but if the bible says those in Christ do not sin then it must be the new man who does not sin.

Thats my understandings.

God bless.

Rick I think this is the Scripture you are referring to.

1John 3:9  Everyone who is begotten of God is not doing sin, for His seed is remaining in him, and he can not be sinning, for he is begotten of God." (CLV)

Now this Scripture all by itself seems to be what you are thinking means the elect "cannot sin." But here are more Scripture from John on this.

1John 1:7  But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
v. 8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
v. 9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
v. 10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
1John 2:1  My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
v. 2  And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Psa 119:160 The sum of Your word is truth, And all of Your righteous ordinances are eonian." (CLV)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Hi Kat,

We have not spoken in private so that you know what is on my mind and in my heart , but your reply assures me God is working with me and has not abandoned me.

Both George and you understand me, God is showing me something and perhaps Dennis has brought out somethings I been going through for a long time as well as Dave.

There are times I get discouraged and see my own worthlessness and error with scripture, I don't understand always how I come off to other believers here , some say I'm trying to teach but I don't see me as doing that, I say what I believe and read all the responses to see if I'm understanding rightly.

All responses to me are God inspired through any member that replys who has the spirit of Christ in them .

There is no doubt in my mind God does much work through you to me, You have a good understanding and as always I remain thankful for the personality that God has given you to reach me but having said that all other are awesome to me too and do not wish that  they should in any way feel they of no effect.

All my brothers and sisters in the Lord are awesome to me and always will be, its just some are more outstanding than others but I do love you all.

God bless.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:06:38 AM by Rick »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 12:35:26 AM »

Dave!
Hi Dennis,

I think I understand something as a truth only to be told I could not be further from the truth.

I'm not angry or even disappointed , if its Gods will I don't understand how to divide the word of God rightly then I'm out .

God concealed and hid a wonderful work He is doing in this world from my eyes, many are called but few are chosen.

I have been blessed to see and understand somethings from this site, the greatest thing I learned from B.t. is that our creator is not a monster but a loving creator.

Its obvious I dont get it and am not one of Gods elect but only one of the called who God is not going to choose.

Whatever God is going to do to me is going to happen and there is nothing I can do about it so I say why worry about it anyways.

God bless you all and I hope you all make it and become Gods elect.

Nobody told you you couldn't be further from the truth.  Do you honestly think anybody here understands all things?  But yes, you have to live these things to understand them with any depth.  Jesus doesn't dismiss those who don't know enough.  He dismisses those He never knew.  Your race is not over (unless you stop and disqualify yourself.).  Hang in there, but if you want to "teach", you will have to prove yourself.  Nobody is going to annoint you.   

Dave there is no teaching on the forum.  ;)

Mike Gagne

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 12:39:31 AM »

Rick -

Are there any amongst us here on this Forum that can fully explain these Scriptures in Romans which appear to contradict in part about sin:

Romans 5:21
That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Romans 6:2
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 6:7
For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 6:10
For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Romans 6:11
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:12
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Romans 6:13
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

To me, in some Scriptures, not just in Romans, we are not to allow sin to rule over us. I can attest to this, as He has made this possible for me. Yet I am not perfect and make mistakes from time to time, which are stated as sin in the Scriptures (although I still struggle somewhat with a mistake being a sin - as I believe He looks at our motivation in our hearts and minds to determine if it is sin). Yet there are many facets of my daily life that I would change, but it is not in my power or authority to do so.

The whole aspect of His Sovereignty is mind boggling when compared to us as individuals. Why was I blind for so long. Why was I deceived at all. Why have I suffered so much. Why are the parasites and psychopaths in control of our daily lives.   

Apart from our living and suffering which produces Godly characteristics (the nine fold Fruit of the Spirit) - which again I can attest He has worked out in my life - I find all the evil in this world with the lies, deception and wickedness too much for me to comprehend. I compare what we are told as 'News' to what I experience in my day to day life and there is a tremendous mismatch, as I find ordinary working people mostly ones that 'do no harm'; yet we are told of terrorists, criminals, psychopaths and wickedness daily in the 'News'.

I know that He knows that I do not want to sin and I want to obey His Blessed Commandments in Christ Jesus all day long; and I desire that all mankind do the same.

Hang on in there Rick.

Amen.

Kind Regards.

George.

Yes George, some have explained them all ready, look in others post!

Nelson Boils

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 01:05:13 AM »

"Please take any back-and-forth discussion to PM.  We're not going to have it on the open forum"

Mike Gagne

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 10:32:29 AM »

Hi Shechyn,
"Please take any back-and-forth discussion to PM.  We're not going to have it on the open forum"

I,am  sure the Moderators handle there job as moderators very well

rick

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 10:45:59 AM »

There is no free ride. You need to make an effort else you're out.

Sometimes the truth is so simple one can't always see it.

Thanks you Dennis and God bless
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.