bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you love me you will obey me.  (Read 8696 times)

Kat

Re: If you love me you will obey me.
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 11:39:09 AM »

These two scriptures below are kinda revealing Eze 11:19 and Eph 4: 23 they both agree with one another that God is going to give us a new heart and mind but Eph 4:24 says we must put on the new self.

Well I know scripture does not contradict its self but I have two witnesses saying God is going to give us a new heart and another scripture saing we must put the new self on.

Is Eph 4:24 letting us know that we have a part also with God in giving us a new heart but if that is so Eze 11: 19 and Eph 4:23 does not seem to suggest so.

The most I can make of Eph 4: 24 is God is changing our hearts and mind with our concent through  chastisement but obeying God completely on this side of the resurrection will take in my opinion total Divine intervention.

If Christ cannot do anything on His own I have 0 chance on my own.

Eze 11:19  Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh,
v. 20  that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

Eph 4:23  Your hearts and minds must be made completely new,
Eph 4:24  and you must put on the new self, which is created in God's likeness and reveals itself in the true life that is upright and holy.

God bless.

Col 3:10  and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

So how do we "put on the new man"? A few verses down it says we're in the "one body" of Christ, which come from His Spirit indwelling.

Col 3:15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Eph 2:18  For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. 

It's all about being baptized into Christ, His Spirit becoming indwelling makes us part of His body - this is the new heart with His Spirit directing us and creating the "new man" that we all are becoming by that same Spirit from the Father that is working in us and through us to make us one with God.

Eph 4:3-6  endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.