bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'll pray for you  (Read 4912 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
I'll pray for you
« on: April 08, 2016, 01:51:42 PM »

How do you guys feel about people praying for you? Do you accept or welcome it? I'm sure a lot of us have family that are Christians.. How do you feel if or when they offer to pray for you or your kids about something? Like lay hands on you and pray... Do you feel weird about it? Do you pray something else in your head while letting them pray what they think is right when you may disagree?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Nelson Boils

Re: I'll pray for you
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 07:55:19 PM »

No,i don't "accept" it,neither do I "welcome" it.I do not let them "lay" their hands on me.

I don't even think God listens to their prayers.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:10:48 PM »

It never happens.  I don't doubt that some pray for me on occasion privately.  God's will be done, regardless of what they ask.  My mother prayed for me while I was deep in the world.  The Lord answered her prayers, but not in the way she expected, and I've told her so.  He does the same for me. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

octoberose

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 03:11:48 AM »

Christ followers pray for me all the time- and I have never heard them say anything I would not agree with- and most of you would agree with what I hear also.
 Mark 9- 8 John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name,[f] and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” 39 But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. 40 For the one who is not against us is for us. 41 For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward.
  So- I say- let them pray.  :)

cheekie3

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 10:00:41 AM »

largeli -

How do you guys feel about people praying for you? Do you accept or welcome it? I'm sure a lot of us have family that are Christians.. How do you feel if or when they offer to pray for you or your kids about something? Like lay hands on you and pray... Do you feel weird about it? Do you pray something else in your head while letting them pray what they think is right when you may disagree?

I understand that He burdens only His Called Out Called out Elect to pray according to His Will and Intentions; and He does not hear the prayers of the others.

This does not mean that He does not care for the non-Elect; as He is LOVE personified; and imparts desires in His Elect to pray for the wicked and the Elect, and the ignorant too.

He is over all, and I do not believe we should be overly concerned about who prays for us or not; as He has us in His Heart and Mind all day long.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards.

Prayerful George.

octoberose

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 12:39:56 PM »

Very true George.
   I just don't want to be like the Pharisee, who thinks so much of himself that he can't see the simple faith in the other guy:

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, "God, I thank You that I am not like other men-extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess." And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, "God, be merciful to me a sinner!" I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted (Luke 18:11-14).

cheekie3

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 01:03:23 PM »

Octoberose -

Very true George.
   I just don't want to be like the Pharisee, who thinks so much of himself that he can't see the simple faith in the other guy:

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, "God, I thank You that I am not like other men-extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess." And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, "God, be merciful to me a sinner!" I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted (Luke 18:11-14).

Our Heavenly Father tests the desires of our hearts; and we should also see what our heart's motives are, whether we are in prayer or doing other things.

We should all be regularly testing our motives (in our hearts and minds) as this helps us to determine if they are pure and right, or selfish and uncaring for others.

If we find that there was any bitterness, hatred or resentment in our hearts and minds - then we must repent of these evil desires and ask the Lord to forgive us completely - and we must also forgive everyone for the evil they have done against us (otherwise The Lord will not forgive us, as we would be hypocrites).

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards.

George.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 02:27:22 PM »

We should not be eager to find faults in others, praying to God is not a bad thing even if it doesn't really accomplish anything. I would only seek prayers from like minded believers, but would not be offended if somebody else said they were praying for me though.

Luke 9:49  Now John answered and said, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow with us.”
v. 50  But Jesus said to him, “Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is on our side.”

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 07:27:25 PM by Kat »

Joel

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »

When I literally walked out the door of organized religion 29 years ago, I was bombarded with friends and relatives either telling me they were praying for me, or warning me of impending doom.
It had to be God leading me away from that type of thing, because it was very hard to resist the temptation to return and once again become heavily involved in the Church world.
So far none of those same people have had any interest in the truths that Ray Smith has taught us here at Bible Truths.
Now days when we get together at family reunions I can tell they have different thoughts about my spiritual relationship with God.
I have noticed that there are far fewer offers to pray for me, and less talk about God and the scriptures than there was years ago.
However I do still pray for them and wish them well, it is all in God's hands.

Joel

lareli

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 01:10:40 PM »

Good thoughts, thanks for all the replies.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.