bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus the man  (Read 4313 times)

Nelson Boils

Jesus the man
« on: April 09, 2016, 08:08:20 PM »

The character of Jesus is interesting and in some areas might seem strange to the human eye.

I wonder how did He know that Judas was the one who was going to betray Him.I wonder what is it about the character of Judas that made Him think "oh OK,so you are the one who is going to betray me."For him to come to such a conclusion about Judas required Him to have a talent of being a great judge of character.Could it be that He saw that Judas loved money?Or maybe some other thing about Judas that we are not told about?

I mean the man,Jesus,knew that He was going to betrayed and yet...and yet He did nothing to stop it.

Imagine knowing what tomorrow holds.Imagine knowing what your best friend is going to do to you in the next few days.You would probably put a stop to your friendship before it goes to the point of betrayal.Interesting thing is that Jesus knew what tomorrow holds and He didn't even deem it necessary to stop it.

I think it is good that we don't know what tommorow holds,then we would probably be overwhelmed with fear.If you knew that tommorow you are going to be involved in a car accident,you'd probably not wanna get out the house.If you knew that 14yrs after marriage your wife would leave you,you'd probably not have gotten married.

Thank the Lord that His ways are a secrete,a mystery.In this way we get to learn,make decisions,take risks,some are good some are bad,we make mistakes.

What an experience this life is.

..And it ain't over yet

rick

Re: Jesus the man
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 09:40:06 AM »

Ray did say that though Jesus was a man, a human being He certainly did not have a carnal mind.

Christ also knew He was going to be crucified and how about the temple when He said not one stone would be left upon another stone,  He is God, He knows the hearts and thoughts of men.

I don't think it had anything to do with character of Judas but everytging  to do with predestination , all things are by Christ.

God bless.

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 11:01:12 AM »

Paul said in Acts 26:19 that he (Paul) was not disobedient to the heavenly vision.
We know that the things Jesus was on a mission to accomplish were far greater than anyone else the world has ever seen.
There is no doubt that Jesus suffered in his flesh, and was a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief as the scriptures reveal.
Much can be accomplished if there is a vison.
Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

Joel

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »

I mean the man,Jesus,knew that He was going to betrayed and yet...and yet He did nothing to stop it.

Jesus could do nothing of Himself. He asked His Father to stop it if it be possible. Jesus' humanity was in direct conflict with the will of His Father. Thankfully Jesus' greatest desire was to do the will of the Father.

And so, the humanity of Jesus is no different from anyone else'. He knew what was coming and it stressed Him out quite a bit. Likewise, we know we have to suffer also. We may not know the exact details of how we will suffer, but suffer we will. But honestly that doesnt scare me, although I do feel incredible sorrow.

I've suffered through pain I never knew existed, not only physically, but also mentally. Im sure there is more to come and all I can do is pray that I will suffer well and endure it for righteousness sake. It is good if it teaches me to obey.

You know poor Judas didnt stand a chance when Satan entered him to do the dirty deed of betraying Jesus. Jesus knew well in advanced the purpose of Satan's creation. Satan was always there to try Jesus, and he will always be there to try the Elect.

*Edit*

Thinking more about how I feel, I now see maybe Iam scared. My pride prevented me from seeing that at first. Was Jesus scared? I ask because I dont know for sure.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:10:16 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Kat

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 01:59:44 PM »

Jesus Christ, when He came into the flesh was not 'just a man' especially blessed of the Father, He was God in the flesh, He was the same God of the OT and had that same mind while in the flesh. He did not lose His God status when He became a flesh and blood man.

Col 2:9  For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

Mat 1:23  “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” [fn] which is translated, “God with us.”

He was the embodiment of God, He had the Spirit without measure (John 3:34), so He was able to do all those supernatural things because of who He was. But He took on the flesh fully so as to experience what we do, but He certainly retain that mind and understanding of who and what He was - that is the mind of God and that's how He overcame the world. That same Spirit is what the elect are begotten with and are learning to perceive within ourselves.

Phl 2:5  Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
v.6  who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

He was "equal" as in He was fully one with the Father and that certainly was while He was flesh as well.

John 3:13  “No one has ascended to heaven (after His resurrection) but He who came down from heaven (made a little lower than the angels), that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven (at all times).

John 17:21  “that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

That is our hope of glory, to be as Christ is totally one with the Father, through Christ.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 07:30:24 PM by Kat »

cheekie3

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 10:40:53 AM »

Mandela, Rick and Porter -

I understand that Jesus did both of the following - as He is both The Son of Man (Mankind) and The Son of God:

1. At times behaved and spoke like all men and women - as The Son of Man (Mankind); e.g. when the Scriptures state that Jesus (The Son of Man) could do nothing of himself as it was The Father doing it from within Jesus).
2. At times behaved and spoke as God - as The Son of God; e.g. when the Scriptures state that Jesus (The Son of God) is equal with God (His Heavenly Father).

I understand that there are many more Scriptures of Jesus as The Son of God than there are of Jesus as The Son of Man (Mankind); and at all times He was both - as Jesus is the firstfruit of the New Creature (the Immanuel race) - and Jesus was tempted (as The Son of Man (Mankind)) yet did not sin - and as The Son of God He cannot be tempted by sin.

Kat / Joel -

Please correct me if I have stated anything above incorrectly or non-Scripturally.

Thank You.

Kind Regards.

George.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.