bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God does not.  (Read 6940 times)

rick

God does not.
« on: April 16, 2016, 06:48:41 PM »

In Rom 12:19 God says, vengeance is mine but in psalm 103:10 it says God does not punish us as He should.

Ray has already proven to me at least that hell is a Christian hoax, a lie perpetrated by Christendom.

As time goes on Im starting to realize God uses my sins not against me but more so to teach me through chastisement which is making me into the image of God.

Although there is much I don't know , the main theme that Ray was showing anyone who would listen, ( is ) God is pure love at least that is what I've gotten from Rays papers.

I believe everything that Ray taught can be summed up in that one statement.

That is something I never felt when I was apart of Christendom, then I was afraid of God because of my sinful nature and His eternal torture chamber.

It's wonderful to know the truth for once in my life and knowing the truth explains why life on earth is as it is.

God bless.

Wittenberg

Re: God does not.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 01:45:11 AM »

Amen Rick,

God does say vengeance is Mine....But that doesn't mean He will do something "bad" in His vengeance.

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 02:23:19 AM »

As time goes on Im starting to realize God uses my sins not against me but more so to teach me through chastisement which is making me into the image of God.

Very Well Said.

rick

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 03:04:03 AM »

Amen Rick,

God does say vengeance is Mine....But that doesn't mean He will do something "bad" in His vengeance.

I believe as we start to grasp the things Ray has taught one starts to realize none of this is about hatred or vengeance or eternal damnation , if one wants to know God after being called all one needs to do is think of the fruits of the spirit of God.

It's all about reconciliation .

Porter

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »

That is something I never felt when I was apart of Christendom, then I was afraid of God because of my sinful nature....

It's wonderful to know the truth for once in my life and knowing the truth explains why life on earth is as it is.

Warning wall of text incoming. TLDR; at the bottom  8)

Rick, I've noticed a few of your posts have an common theme where it seems like your trying to find a way to be ok with your sins. If so I gotta admit that I've been there and done that! I agree we are "sinning machines" as Ray put it, but those being called and chosen must "just stop" also as Ray put it. True there is much wickedness, sin and evil in the world just as God intended, but God wills a few not to be like the world.

I also agree we will not burn in some pagan torture chamber "for ever and ever" for our lifetime of sins for no redeeming purpose, but there will be vengeance and wrath for the ungodly if I understand correctly. I personally wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of either of those (as it aint gonna be no picnic  ;) ), even though I know the eventual salvation of all is an sure thing after all is said and done. Not saying do the right thing out of fear, but I don't think the "judgment and fiery indignation" of God should be ignored or minimized as I have seen those who do believe in universal salvation attempt to do. 

Having said all that, please don't take this as me accusing you (or anyone else) of wrong doing or what ever. I always consider I'm just totally not getting it, as so often is the case. This is all just as much of an learning process for me too, and I'm a slow learner :D I will admit I'm wrong and apologize if I'm found mistaken for what I'm about to say. It may just be an projection on my part based on my own personal experience. So here I go as I open myself up to you all. Must admit this makes me uncomfortable. Ugh so many "I's" and "me's" in that lol.  :P

Based on what you said in the quotes above, it seems like you are saying it's ok that you sin so you can be chastised and be made into the image of God. Your tired of being afraid of God because of your sins and probably tired of feeling guilty. It just may be you are trying to stop sinning, and by the grace of God, have been successful to some degree. In that case you truly do have nothing to fear in a sense. But for those who continue on in sinfulness, they actually do have something to fear, at least that is how I see it at this time.

Consider what Paul had to say on the subject of grace, sin and judgment.

Rom 3:5  Doesn't the fact that we are wrong prove more clearly that God is right? Then what can we say? Can we say that God is not fair when he brings his anger down on us? As you can tell, I am just using human ways of thinking.
Rom 3:6  God is certainly fair! If he weren't, how could he judge the world?
Rom 3:7  Someone might argue, "When I lie, it becomes clearer that God is truthful. It makes his glory shine more brightly. Why then does he find me guilty of sin?"
Rom 3:8  Why not say, "Let's do evil things so that good things will happen"? Some people actually lie by reporting that this is what we say. They are the ones who should be found guilty.

Rom 5:20  Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:1  What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2  God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Keep in mind that grace and judgment IS chastisement.

http://www.bible-truths.com/lake3.html

WHEN GRACE IS A VERB
Grace means favor, a gift, to be cheerful, well, happy, graciously, freely, deliverance from danger, and a dozen other benevolent qualities of peace, joy, goodness, and salvation. It is one of those truly wonderful words of blessing. But just how does it operate in "the real world" as we say? A definition does not tell us everything about a word. We can, likewise, define "love" as, a deep, tender feeling of affection. But does that definition tell us how love actually functions?
We learned that "...when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord" (I Cor. 11:32).
Chastening defines how it is that God judges us. Now then, we are about to learn one of the most remarkable spiritual truths in the whole Bible:
 <blockquote> "For the grace of God that brings salvation hath appeared to all men , teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world [eon or age]" (Titus 2:11-12).
 </blockquote> Here then is the remarkable parallel between God’s judgment and His grace:

God "judges" us by "chastening" us! (I Cor. 11:32)"chasten," Greek: ‘paideuo’ #3811
God "graces" us by "teaching" us! (Titus 2:12)"teaching," Greek: ‘paideuo’ #3811
WOW! Do you even begin to understand what you have just read? Whether God "JUDGES" us (and later the wicked world), or "GRACES" us, He does it THE SAME WAY!!
"Judging" is CHASTENING (Strong’s #3811), and "gracing" is CHASTENING (Strong’s #3811). It is the SAME WORD!
"Grace" is not a stagnant feel-good noun -- it is also a verb -- that is, it does something; it accomplishes something; it produces something of great value in the believer.
"Teaching" accomplishes something essential in making man into God’s very image.
The next verse tells us what it "teaches" us: "denying ungodliness and worldly lusts... living soberly, righteously, and godly!" Just the words "living godly" will cover every single thing that God EVER ASKS OF US -- EVERYTHING. "Living GODLY" covers every possible act of faith, love, and obedience that anyone could ever conceive of.
When God uses the SAME WORD to describe something that He wishes to accomplish, it behooves us to study deeply what that word means, especially when that word has to do with the very destiny of all peoples who have ever lived.
The subject of I Cor. 11:32 is JUDGING.
 The subject of Titus 2:11 is GRACE AND SALVATION.
HOW does God "judge" us? BY CHASTENING (#3811, paideuo)!.
 HOW does God's "grace and save" us? BY CHASTENING (#3811, paideuo)!
God JUDGES by chastening (I Cor. 11:32), and God GRACES by chastening (Titus 2:11).
 By GRACE GOD JUDGES US and by JUDGING GOD GRACES US!
Gracing us by means of chastening, TEACHES US TO LIVE GODLY and brings salvation. Judging us by means of chastening, also TEACHES US TO LIVE GODLY and brings salvation!
-------------------------------------
Me personally, I still have quite a bit to overcome, but by the grace and faith given me I have a lot of hope that in this lifetime Jesus will finish the work He started. I hate my sins, and I'm not ok with them. All the glory is God's, who reveals them to me, causing me to feel guilty enough to hate them, and only by His goodness and mercy leading me to repent of them.

True that our sins are as scarlet that will be made white as wool, only IF we have a reverent fear that causes us to love and obey Him.
Isa 1:18  Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isa 1:19  If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
Isa 1:20  But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Psa 103:9  He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
Psa 103:10  He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
Psa 103:11  For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
Psa 103:12  As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Psa 103:13  Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

Serious question, is it so wrong to "fear" the Lord? It's not my point to scare anyone (as if I could), but maybe I just don't get what it means to fear God in a healthy manner if such a thing is even possible. Is it only a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God later? Or now also? I admit that I sometimes fear what God will do to me if I dont obey. Just dont know if that is right. It's certainly not the only motivator that helps me do the right thing though.

TLDR;
Punishment, judgment, fiery indignation and wrath are all a very real threat to the wicked. They will feel it and be afraid I'm sure. Maybe they will be afraid because they dont know what God will do or they assume the worst possible thing as His wrath is on them. The called and chosen have fear or respect for God because they actually do know what He can do and what He is about.

Something I've never forgotten that Ray said and something I try to live by.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11521.0.html

"Therefore, we should be doing right, not just to avoid wrath or to receive a reward, but rather because doing good to others IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO."
----------------
Again this is not me picking on you Rick, I genuinely want to learn and this is just to show some of the things I think a lot about. You bring out some good questions and points that make me think about how it relates to me. So thanks for that. 

Peace and grace to us all.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

rick

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 12:11:06 PM »

Hi Porter,

A couple of things I would like to say, I know of no scripture in the entirety of the bible where God gave anyone permission to sin and God created us spiritually weak.

If anyone's sins bother them do they stop sinning ? If one's sins do not bother them do they stop sinning ?

For the wages of sin is death, now this is just my opinion but does God not have the right to put to death anyone who commits a sin on the spot ?

So why does God not do so ? Could it be God is using our sins to bring about His plan ?

So what should we say to these things ? Let us sin more so God will teach us more 

The only problem I find is that I cannot find one scripture where God gives anyone permission to sin.

God bless.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 01:00:59 PM »

Serious question, is it so wrong to "fear" the Lord? It's not my point to scare anyone (as if I could), but maybe I just don't get what it means to fear God in a healthy manner if such a thing is even possible. Is it only a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God later? Or now also? I admit that I sometimes fear what God will do to me if I dont obey. Just dont know if that is right. It's certainly not the only motivator that helps me do the right thing though.

Hi Porter, here are a couple of Scripture.

Rev 19:5  Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear G5399 Him, both small and great!"

G5399
φοβέω
phobeō
fob-eh'-o
From G5401; to frighten, that is, (passively) to be alarmed; by analogy to be in awe of, that is, revere: - be (+ sore) afraid, fear (exceedingly), reverence.

Ecc 12:13  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear H3372 God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all.

H3372
ירא
yârê'
yaw-ray'
A primitive root; to fear; morally to revere; causatively to frighten: - affright, be (make) afraid, dread (-ful), (put in) fear (-ful, -fully, -ing). (be had in) reverence (-end), X see, terrible (act, -ness, thing).

What Rick said "the main theme that Ray was showing anyone who would listen, ( is ) God is pure love at least that is what I've gotten from Rays papers." This is certainly true... but it is God who has made us in this carnal condition and so spiritually weak that as long as we are in the flesh we will sin, and that is the catch! Because God loves us so much, for the few that He is working with now, He is not going to leave us in this deplorable state of being... that was never His intention. We are being taught (yes through our sins) and corrected as we are being reconciled to God. It is a very good thing, so we should rejoice.

Col 1:24  Now I am rejoicing while suffering for you as I complete in my flesh whatever remains of the Messiah's sufferings on behalf of His body, which is the church.

But it is not a fun thing to be in the fire of God's correction, even though we know He is being merciful with us now.

Heb 12:28  Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful and worship God in reverence and fear in a way that pleases Him.
v. 29  For "our God is an all-consuming fire."

What I am realizing is that it is not only outright sin that is being corrected in us either, we all have developed character flaws (personality defects) over the course of our lives and these too must be corrected. These flaws lie deep inside us and for God to bring us into His image, we have to under go some gut-wrenching (mental or emotional anguish) realizations and changes. When we realize that God must take us through these sometimes severely difficult situations to show us these faults within ourselves and correct them, that is where the reverence/fear comes in.

Heb 4:12  The word of God is alive and active, sharper than any double-edged sword. It cuts all the way through, to where soul and spirit meet, to where joints and marrow come together. It judges the desires and thoughts of the heart.
v. 13  There is nothing that can be hid from God; everything in all creation is exposed and lies open before His eyes. And it is to Him that we must all give an account of ourselves. (GNB)

That phrase "where soul and spirit meet," I'm wondering if that means our deepest most hidden secrets/faults of our heart, maybe even things we are actually denying about ourselves? As it goes on to say "nothing can be hid from God." Here is a list of 'character flaws' I found that will help show what I'm talking about.

Arrogance - act or habit of making undue claims in an overbearing manner.
Dishonesty - a habitual liar or simply tell a white lie now and again.
Short Temper -  to lose control and react.
Conceit - important for you to point out your "rightness" all the time.
Perfectionism - ego is over-developed, not accepting what is less than perfect from your perspective.
Playing the Victim - not taking responsibility for the things that go wrong and pointing your finger at others.
Self-centered - focusing primarily on self and generally not being a good listener either.
Stubborn - inflexiblity, the tendency to resist any form of change.
Vanity - undue pride in oneself or one's appearance.
Humorless - not able to appreciate or express humor.

These are just a few, but I had never thought of some of these things as 'bad,' more like just who I am, my personality. But I now can see these type things are part of what needs to be corrected in us as well. I mean reflecting on some really difficult (fiery) situation that I have gone through, I realized that was needed to show me something about myself that I needed to change... honestly it came as somewhat of a surprise. But even in the face of knowing that these hard things will come and need to come, I can still praise God who is preparing (no matter how painful) godliness into carnal humans who are so undeserving and unworthy.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:59:59 AM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 06:32:46 PM »

Hi Porter,

Have you notice when in Christendom they hold up a bible in one hand and tell us God loves us but on the other hand they teach us about eternal damnation , they tell us our sins separate US from the love of God and because of our sins we will be eternally condemned with no hope of ever coming out of that condition.

They contradict themselves because God said while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Sin was always a big issue for me when I was apart of Christendom because I knew and believed my sins would condemn me to hell.

What an awesome way for human beings to live would you not agree ? Our lives are difficult , filled with pain and sorrows and now what a great joy it is to know that after all this we get to burn forever after we die.

I remember back in those days when I would ask anyone in church how do we not sin , all I was told back then is don't sin, yeah but how do I not sin ? None of them could answer my question anymore than anyone here can.

The things that change for me through Rays paper's is not that I ever stopped sinning but I understand to some degree why I sin. NOW I've gone from no eternal damnation to not coming up in the first resurrection because of my sinfulness.

You see Porter it doesn't matter where one goes in this life , there will always be someone who will tell you that somehow not sinning is our choice they will also tell you that it's up to you to choose God but to me folks who do these things are enemy's of the cross.

Don't they know Christ not only paid for the sins of the world but Christ is going to save the whole world too ? If we had power not to sin would we not be in direct opposition to the intentions of God ?

Yet God has given absolutely no one permission to sin yet we all sin , sin plays a very important role in God raising us up to His image but sin by its very nature is wrong.

So it's up to God to show those whom He has called the role sin plays in the life of a believer while all a long learning to despise sin while learning to love God and.excepting those things God puts in our life.

Sin is still a big issue in my life but in a different way , should one be comfortable with their sin or ok with their sin ? That's between their creator and them because we all stand or fall to our master which is God.

God bless.

Porter

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 08:04:25 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to reply Kat and Rick. It's a relief to know others are going through the same things here at BT and around the world.

Thanks Kat for confirming something I was not too sure about concerning "fearing the Lord". Gotta admit, the point about character flaws as you listed them burned a bit as I could see them in me also. It's good to see the faith and hope you have that God will indeed correct those.

Thanks Rick for explaining that a bit more. I've thought quite a bit along the same lines at one time or another. Especially rejoicing over the fact God would never burn me in literal fire for eternity for a lifetime of sins. It was quite a relief to learn and believe that. I was very satisfied with that knowledge for a very long time. All the while I continued in my sinful ways and getting worse it seemed. Eventually I began to think it wasn't enough FOR ME to simply know it, but I came to realize I need to seriously change my evil ways because God showed me He loves me by dying for me and because of my sins. Thank God He reveals these things to us in His time. So now here Iam "working out my own salvation with fear and trembling". I always hope and pray I dont be that dog who returns to his vomit after being shown the truth. At the very least even if I'm not to be one of His Elect, that He will at least teach me to be a better person in this lifetime.

But yes truly all is of God and we cant do a thing without Him. I'm still trying to understand my role in all of this. Like Ray says, we can volunteer now, or God will volunteer us later. The beast within me sure hates not having control. :)

Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Colin

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 12:06:30 AM »

Dear forum members
I have been following the thread since it began; may I make a suggestion to read Kat’s transcript (listen to the audios) of the Nashville 2007 Conference, where several sub-topics contained in this thread were covered by Ray
2007 Nashville Conference:  -post 1 at the top is (audio 6) 'THE UNIVERSE!' http://bible-truths.com/audio/Nashville07_6.mp3
-post 2  (audio 7A) 'WHO IS THE FATHER?'  http://bible-truths.com/audio/Nashville07_7A.mp3
Some might not be aware of points made clear by Ray in this conference, many years ago, and will find them illuminating and helpful in refreshing what had “faded” for me.        Colin

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 03:15:03 AM »

Dear forum members
I have been following the thread since it began; may I make a suggestion to read Kat’s transcript (listen to the audios) of the Nashville 2007 Conference, where several sub-topics contained in this thread were covered by Ray
2007 Nashville Conference:  -post 1 at the top is (audio 6) 'THE UNIVERSE!' http://bible-truths.com/audio/Nashville07_6.mp3
-post 2  (audio 7A) 'WHO IS THE FATHER?'  http://bible-truths.com/audio/Nashville07_7A.mp3
Some might not be aware of points made clear by Ray in this conference, many years ago, and will find them illuminating and helpful in refreshing what had “faded” for me.        Colin

Transcripts here:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lareli

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 04:25:37 PM »

Prob 8:13 to fear the Lord is to hate evil.

Just a thought on what it means to 'fear' the Lord. There is a second witness but I can't remember where.. Psalms I think. To fear God isn't the same as hiding in the corner fearing that your dad will hit you (example). It's to hate evil. We have to be able to first discern between good and evil in order to hate evil though.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:29:36 PM by largeli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Wittenberg

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 02:02:55 AM »

I fear the Lord because He could remove Himself from me.

rick

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 08:55:25 AM »

I fear the Lord because He could remove Himself from me.

Hi Wittenberg,

If you believe that, then you don't believe scripture and the reason I say that is because there is nothing that can separate US from the love of God .

Also Christ said He will never leave us.

God bless.

cheekie3

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »

Wittenberg -

You may the following comforting:

Psalm 104 Expanded Bible (EXB)
Praise to God Who Made the World

104 ·My whole being [T O my soul], ·praise [bless] the Lord.
    Lord my God, you are very great.
You are clothed with ·glory [splendor] and ·majesty [beauty];
    you ·wear [L wrap yourself in] light like a robe [Hab. 3:4; 1 John 1:5].
You stretch out the ·skies [heavens] like a tent [Is. 40:22].
    You ·build your room above the clouds [L set the beams of your upper room on the waters].
You make the clouds your chariot [18:10–19; 68:4; Is. 19:1; Dan. 7:13–14; Luke 21:27; Rev. 1:7],
    and you ride on the wings of the wind.
You make the winds your messengers,
    and flames of fire are your ·servants [ministers; Heb. 1:7].

You ·built [founded] the earth on its foundations
    so it can never be moved.
You covered the earth with ·oceans [L the deeps];
    the water ·was above [L stood over] the mountains.
But at your ·command [reprimand; rebuke], the water ·rushed away [fled].
    ·When you thundered your orders [L At the sound of your thunder], it hurried away.
The mountains rose; the valleys sank.
    The water went to the places you ·made [founded] for it.
You set borders for the seas that they cannot ·cross [pass],
    so water will never cover the earth again [C as before the third day creation or during the Flood; Gen. 1:9–10; 9:9–17; Job 38:8–11; Prov. 8:29].

You make springs pour into the ·ravines [wadis];
    they flow between the mountains.
They water all the ·wild animals [L creatures of the field];
    the wild donkeys ·come there to drink [L quench their thirst].
·Wild birds [Birds of the sky/heavens] ·make nests by the water [L dwell by them];
    they ·sing [L give voice] among the tree branches.
You water the mountains from ·above [L your high dwelling].
    The earth is ·full of [or satisfied by] ·the things you made [L the fruit of your works].
You make the grass grow for cattle
    and ·vegetables [plants] for the people to ·use [cultivate].
    You make ·food [or bread] ·grow [L come out] from the earth.
You give us wine that ·makes happy hearts [rejoices the hearts of people; John 2:1–12]
    and olive oil that makes our faces shine [C soothing skin in a dry climate; Luke 7:46].
    You give us bread that gives us ·strength [sustenance].
The Lord’s trees ·have plenty of water [flourish];
    they are the cedars of Lebanon [C the most majestic trees known], which he planted.
The birds make their nests there;
    the stork’s home is in the fir trees.
The high mountains belong to the wild goats.
    The rocks are ·hiding places [refuge] for the badgers.

You made the moon ·to mark the seasons [for appointed times; Gen. 1:14; Lev. 23:2, 4, 37, 44],
    and the sun always knows when to set.
You make it dark, and it becomes night.
    Then all the ·wild animals [L creatures of the forest] ·creep [swarm] around.
The lions roar ·as they attack [L for prey].
    They ·look to [seek] God for food.
When the sun rises, they leave
    and go back to their dens to lie down.
Then people go to work
    and ·work [labor] until evening.

Lord, ·you have made many things;
    with your wisdom you made them all [Prov. 8:22–31].
    The earth is full of your ·riches [or creatures].
Look at the sea, so big and wide,
    with creatures large and small, ·creeping [swarming] things that cannot be counted.
Ships travel over the ocean,
    and there is Leviathan [C a sea monster and symbol of chaos; 74:14; Job 3:8; 41:1; Is. 27:1],
which you made to play there.

All these things ·depend [hope; wait] on you
    to give them their food at the right time.
When you give it to them,
    they gather it up.
When you open your hand,
    they are ·filled [satisfied] with good food.
When you ·turn away [L hide your face] from them,
    they ·become frightened [are terrified].
When you take away their breath,
    they ·die [expire] and turn to dust [Gen. 2:7; Eccl. 12:7].
When you ·breathe [L send your breath/or Spirit] on them,
    they are created [Gen. 2:7],
and you make the land new again.

May the glory of the Lord [C his manifest presence] be forever.
    May the Lord ·enjoy [rejoice in] what he has made.
He just looks at the earth, and it ·shakes [trembles].
    He touches the mountains, and they smoke.

I will sing to the Lord all my life;
    I will ·sing praises [make a psalm] to my God as long as I live.
May my ·thoughts [meditations] please him;
    I ·am happy [will rejoice] in the Lord.
Let sinners be ·destroyed [obliterated] from the earth,
    and let the wicked live no longer.

·My whole being [T O my soul], ·praise [bless] the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 1:29
For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:

Proverbs 2:5
Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 10:27
The fear of the Lord prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Proverbs 14:26
In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

Proverbs 14:27
The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Proverbs 15:16
Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith.

Proverbs 15:33
The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Proverbs 16:6
By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.

Proverbs 19:23
The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Proverbs 22:4
By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.

Proverbs 23:17
Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long.

Proverbs 29:25
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.

I understand that it is this fear of The Lord that starts our individual journey of discovery which ultimately leads us to His unfailing Love to all of his children.

Kind Regards.

George.

Wittenberg

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »

Another way of saying it. I could believe that god burns people in hell for eternity. That is not the same God I believe in now. I wouldn't know the true God. Only God can reveal Himself to me and allow me to know Him. He could take that away from me anytime, hence I fear Him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.