bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The name of The Son of God  (Read 4021 times)

ablessedman50

The name of The Son of God
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:53:01 PM »

I've been doing some research on the Son of God's name. It seems that the name Jesus is only about 500 yrs. old.
Originally in the KJV it was Iesus. The angel said to Mary, You shall call him Emanuel.
My research leans toward the Hebrew name Yeshua as his true given name.
Did Ray ever do a seminar or any teaching on this subject? Personally I think the world has been deceived by this name Jesus, but would like to hear others thoughts, especially Ray's.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The name of The Son of God
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 10:18:55 PM »

Originally in the Greek it was Ιησουν.  There's nothing "original" about the King James Version.

There's some here, in a graphic about half-way down the page:

http://bible-truths.com/enigmaOfGod.htm

And here on the front page:

http://bible-truths.com/email4.htm#actual
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:29:50 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The name of The Son of God
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 10:48:11 PM »

Here are a few places that Ray discussed this subject:

An email reply from Ray: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,13500.0.html

Dear Michael:  I am glad that our material is helpful to your understanding of the Scriptures.  Have you not
wondered why it is that I do not use what you call the names or titles of the Almighty from the Hebrew?

That's because these so-called sacred names are not inspired Scripture.  The Name of our Lord and
Saviour is "JESUS," not "Yeshua" as virtually all Internet sites will try to convince you.  I will be going into
detail regarding this Name in my future paper: "Solving the Enigma of God."  So I'm afraid I will have to
decline your request to change the Name of Jesus throughout all of my papers.  Also, just what do you
think the Name of Jesus' Father is?   Jesus said He came to glorify His Father's Name.  Well, WHAT
IS IT?  Think about it.  How many times does Jesus and the New Testament writers make reference to
the Name of God, the Name of the Father, yet not ONE of the so-called sacred name societies that
criticize me for not using these sacred Hebrew names have a clue as to what the Name of the Father
is as Jesus used it to glorify His Name.  So the question is, how are you going to use "The Name of
the Father," in my writings if you don't even know what the Name of the Father is in the first place?

Is "Jesus" mistranslated?  Listen carefully now:  When the Scriptures tell us that Peter was "FILLED with the
with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 4:8) stating, "Be it known unto you all, and to ALL THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL,
that by the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH, whom ye crucified, Whom God raised from
the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole...Neither is there salvation in ANY
OTHER: for there is NONE OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN given among men, whereby we MUST
be saved" (Verses 10-12), nowhere in there do you see the name "Yeshua," do you?

I know you only mean good by your request, but changing the name of Jesus, "the ONLY NAME UNDER
HEAVEN" by which we must be saved, will not further your cause for the Gospel.  I hope this doesn't
offend you.

God be with you,

Ray

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From "Solving the Enigma of God" paper on the BT home page: http://bible-truths.com/enigmaOfGod.htm

TRANSLITERATING NAMES

We are told that Jesus should be Yeshu, Yeshua, Yehoshua, or some other similar spelling. That is His correct name in Hebrew, and that is how it should be written in the Greek New Testament. But there are problems:

1.The New Testament was not written in Hebrew

2.The Holy Spirit inspired our Lord's name to be written as IESOUS in the Greek New Testament

3.It is right and proper when translating from one language to another to transliterate proper names

The critics of "Jesus" say His name is from G-zeus, a pagan god. They demonize His name by calling it: His Gentile nickname, spurious, counterfeit, a pseudo substitute, earth pig or swine, man horse, man beast, and anti-messiah. Yet learned experts can show that the very name that the critics of Jesus say should be used, apparently is found nowhere in Scripture.

And so it appears their preferred name "Yahshua" is not found in either the Greek or the Hebrew Scriptures; 

"While there is a clear etymological path concerning the name of Jesus that clearly shows its Hebrew origin, the name YAHshua can not be found in the Hebrew scriptures. The name Yahshua is also not transliterable into a Biblical Greek name" (http://www.seekgod.ca/htwhatsinaname.htm

Let me ask these critics of God's Word a serious question: 

What does the Hebrew Name YHWH (Yahweh/Jehovah) mean? 

Answer:  Jehovah is Salvation. 

And what does the Greek Name Iesous transliterated to Jesus means? 

Answer:  Jehovah is Salvation. 

They are the SAME NAME. 

Here is how scholar and writer Richard Rives explains how transliterating works: 

"A translation conveys meaning, so  Yeshua and  Iesous mean the exact same thing. Jesus is not a translation, it's a modernized Latin transLITERation of Iesous. A transliteration is simply a letter-for-letter switch: the letters in one language are swapped for letters in another language that make the same sounds.  Jesu is a Latin word that sounds like the Greek Iesous. Jesus does not mean "Yahweh saves" or "the Lord saves" or even "He saves". Despite the fact that Jesus Himself means a great deal to many people, there's no English meaning to Jesus at all. The name Jesus is merely the English pronounciation of Joshua/Iesous which means "Jehovah is Salvation."   

IESOUS was the word chosen by the writers of the Greek New Testament to represent both the Hebrew Old Testament Joshua and the English New Testament Jesus.

(read more .....)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.