bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sting of death is sin  (Read 4814 times)

Laren

sting of death is sin
« on: August 17, 2006, 05:30:14 PM »

1Cr 15:56  The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.

Thinking about this verse today, seems to me the sting of sin is death, not the sting of death is sin. 

Rom 7:9  For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Rom 7:11  For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me].

above verses seems the sting of sin is death, not the other way around

Can anybody help clarify this for me.

Kat

Re: sting of death is sin
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 05:48:52 PM »

1Co 15:56  Sin is what gives death its sting, and the Law is the power behind sin.

I got this off e-Sword, it's the Contemporary English version.

It gives this verse a better understanding for me.

Kat

Mickyd

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 10:36:59 PM »

I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity (sin) unto iniquity(sin); even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages (sting) of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Rom 6:19-23

Laren

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

[For the wages (sting) of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Rom 6:19-23

It must be a translation thing for me, as you quoted, "the wages (sting) of sin is death".  But the verse in I Corinth. 15 it says the sting of death is sin,

or as you quoted, it should say in the Romans verse in order to be the same as the I Corinth verse as, "the wages (sting) of death is sin"

See the difference in order of wording?

"sting of death is sin" versus "sting of sin is death"??

It seems to be saying in I Corinthians 15 as  the result of death is sin, rather than the result of sin is death. 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 10:34:48 AM by Laren »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.