bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A word of encouragement  (Read 5276 times)

Nelson Boils

A word of encouragement
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:14:58 AM »

I just went through a near death experience against the opposition, bandits.Traumatic experience.I was outnumbered 5 to 1 and they had home ground advantage.The Referee came to my rescue and I'd like to think I came away with the points.

A word of encouragement:

Do not allow any evil that WILL come your way destroy your ambition and desire to serve.Do not allow foreigners to make you think that the evil that is brought upon you is due to Jesus being angry with you.Do not allow these aliens to destroy your self esteem and confidence IN the Lord.

TRIBULATION: "...we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22). Strong's #2347, thlipsis, pressure (literally or figuratively): - afflicted, affliction, anguish, burdened, persecution, tribulation, trouble." Notice the first word of definition: "pressure." Everyone knows that pressure brings about changes. The pressure at the bottom of the sea will flatten a submarine like a pancake. But spiritual pressure (which often involves physical pressure) brings about drastic changes in our character, and produces the spiritual fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control (Gal. 5:12-13).

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: A word of encouragement
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 10:19:55 PM »

Not on subject but why do you keep changing your user name? It's hard to keep up.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »

The name changes with my circumstances.Okay,no more name changing,I think Job will accompany me for the rest of my life,like all those in the Lord.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 03:12:44 PM »

I just went through a near death experience

About this time last year I was minutes away from being dead. The hospital overdosed me on morphine. My blood pressure was down to 48 over 23 and I was on my way out until they gave me the antidote and regained consciousness.

In that one minute when I could not open my eyes but I could hear people talking to me while someone was pumping my chest and my nurse was shaking me asking me to wake up was as peaceful as I've ever been in my life. No pain, almost no thoughts. Just peace.

Since then I have no problem with being dead. But the dying process could scare me. I don't think I could endure what Ray went through the last year of his life. Especially the last week.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 03:52:53 PM »

The dying process is what scares me as well--The pain!I probably wouldn't be able to handle it.

The other victim that was with me got a beating as it seems he was not "turning the other cheek."The victim even got stabbed.Then the was another victim,a lady,she was so bitter after the whole ordeal,she kept on saying,"tonight I am gona go to a witch doctor and send a curse upon them bandits...I hope on their way they crash their car".Surprisingly,I had no hate or bitterness towards them bandits,I was so calm even woke up the next day went to work as if nothing had happened.When I told my colleagues the story,they asked 'what on earth was I doing at work?'

When I get home,the christian woman I stay with says "you must pray,you must bind these evil forces in the name of Jesus,"that is when I started getting irritated--very irritated!!

I actually felt sorry for them bandits.

Jeff

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 09:40:32 PM »

I just went through a near death experience

About this time last year I was minutes away from being dead. The hospital overdosed me on morphine. My blood pressure was down to 48 over 23 and I was on my way out until they gave me the antidote and regained consciousness.

In that one minute when I could not open my eyes but I could hear people talking to me while someone was pumping my chest and my nurse was shaking me asking me to wake up was as peaceful as I've ever been in my life. No pain, almost no thoughts. Just peace.

Since then I have no problem with being dead. But the dying process could scare me. I don't think I could endure what Ray went through the last year of his life. Especially the last week.

Was just thinking about the state of the world (shouldn't read the news) and headed here to do some reflecting.  First thing I read was your account, Dennis.  I've never had a near death experience that I know of. For me it's near life experiences.  Honestly, death would be a welcome release.  Selfish, lacks faith, and weak, I know, but it's the truth.  I hate this existence more every day.

Lately, knowing what I know about God (or think I do), it almost seems more difficult to believe he's real.  That's a big contradiction, but that's part of the struggle.  So much suffering, and pain, and the world is so completely lost, and desperately in need of healing. In my ignorance, to believe that God could end it all, and doesn't, means I'm incapable of understanding, and I just don't have the faith to hold on indefinitely.

Ray wrote that if he didn't think God was listening, he would stop praying.  That's faith.  Much more than I can find.  Death is easy.

rick

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 05:44:29 AM »

Hi Jeff,

Death is easier in that the dead know nothing but all of us must go through the lake of fire either here and now or there and then.

There is no escaping what God intended for us to go throhgh.

What I concluded was death is not forever, there is a resurrection . One cannot elude their troublesome life forever in the grave, better to go through it now .

The only difference is those who go through the lake of fire now will come up in the first resurrection but what a difference , reigning with Christ will be such an honour that what we suffer now cannot be compared to what we shall receive from Christ.

But we know the time will come that God will wipe away every tear and death will be no more , so I say live and learn the things of God now.

All the pain and suffering one goes through is not forever , it will come to an end, God promises us.

God bless

cheekie3

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »

Job -

There are a lot of gemstones in the Book of Job about the ways of Our Almighty Heavenly Father.

Our Heavenly Father (the Father of All his creation including mankind, angelkind and demonkind) desires to make us in His Image. Death will be swallowed up. He will complete what He started and what He desires is to have many sons and daughters IN HIS IMAGE.

Kind Regards.

Dead in the flesh; yet alive in His Spirit - George

rick

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 12:46:52 PM »

I learned from Ray that the only thing we will know is life, if one died today and the resurrection did not take place for five hundred years you would never feel that time in the grave.

As soon as one closed their eyes in this age they will be open in the next age because we don't feel the time because the dead know nothing.

There is no escape in  the grave , the only thing we will know is life, we will experience dying but not death itself.

I hope that makes sense.

God bless.

Jeff

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 10:11:18 PM »

Hi Jeff,

Death is easier in that the dead know nothing but all of us must go through the lake of fire either here and now or there and then.

There is no escaping what God intended for us to go throhgh.

What I concluded was death is not forever, there is a resurrection . One cannot elude their troublesome life forever in the grave, better to go through it now .

The only difference is those who go through the lake of fire now will come up in the first resurrection but what a difference , reigning with Christ will be such an honour that what we suffer now cannot be compared to what we shall receive from Christ.

But we know the time will come that God will wipe away every tear and death will be no more , so I say live and learn the things of God now.

All the pain and suffering one goes through is not forever , it will come to an end, God promises us.

God bless

This just completely blew me away. 

All I've ever considered was - sleep - wake - eternity

It never once occurred to me that if I die in this state, I'm going to have to wake up to, and finish, what I was trying to escape. 

And it wouldn't even be as though I had this long, peaceful rest.  It would be - dead >BOOM< alive - as though not a second had passed.

Unbelievable.  Just so-much-ignorance in one person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 24 queries.