bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ages  (Read 10340 times)

rick

Re: The Ages
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 10:31:29 PM »

And so, the GREAT SEA OF HUMANITY will be judged in the safety and security of the LAKE OF SAINTS!

God's love is unlimited as you can see from Rays statement above.

God bless.  :)

cheekie3

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 05:04:38 AM »

largeli -

I am not sure if any one really knows how many Ages or Aions are confirmed in The Scriptures.

These may be the fullness of the Ages - or they may not even be correct in part or all:

1.       The Creation Age.

2.       The Mankind Age.

3.       The Age of Israel under the Old Mosaic Covenant of the Law.

4.       The Age of the Elect (the Called Out Called Out Ones or the True Church of Jesus Christ) under the New Covenant of Grace.

5.       The Millennial Age of the Kingdom of God.

6.       The Lake of Fire Judgement Age.

7.       The Final Age of the Kingdom of God (when Our Heavenly Father will be 'All in all').

We do know that we are in the Age of the Elect, that there was at least one previous Age, and there are at least two Ages after this Age.

I hope this helps a little.

Not Sure George.

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 11:58:05 AM »

The promise God made Abraham to multiply his seed, requires a lengthy period of time that also encompasses many ages.

Joel

Kat

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 01:45:45 PM »

largeli -

I am not sure if any one really knows how many Ages or Aions are confirmed in The Scriptures.

These may be the fullness of the Ages - or they may not even be correct in part or all:

1.       The Creation Age.

2.       The Mankind Age.

3.       The Age of Israel under the Old Mosaic Covenant of the Law.

4.       The Age of the Elect (the Called Out Called Out Ones or the True Church of Jesus Christ) under the New Covenant of Grace.

5.       The Millennial Age of the Kingdom of God.

6.       The Lake of Fire Judgement Age.

7.       The Final Age of the Kingdom of God (when Our Heavenly Father will be 'All in all').

We do know that we are in the Age of the Elect, that there was at least one previous Age, and there are at least two Ages after this Age.

I hope this helps a little.

Not Sure George.

Hi George, I see you have 5. The Millennial Age of the Kingdom of God. 6. The Lake of Fire Judgement Age as 2 separate ages. I would like to point out that this is the common belief because of the verse in Revelation.

Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

This is the only Scripture that I know of that separates the resurrection into 2 ages. You will notice that I have struck out that first part, it has been determined to be spurious and not in the Sinaitic Manuscript, a perfect and complete manuscript and is the oldest known copy of the Scriptures, it is believed to be written in the year 331 A.D. (Professor C. Tischendorf http://www.davidcox.com.mx/library/T/Tischendorf,%20von%20Constantin%20-%20Discovery%20of%20Sinaitic%20Manuscript.pdf )

In the Scripture there are many times it speaks specifically of the first resurrection and not necessarily mention it as so. But there are Scriptures that have the resurrection of the dead to judgment at Christ's return, so that indicate that indeed at His return there is the first resurrection of the elect, but it will be the great white throne judgment period as well.

2Tim 4:1  I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

John 5:26  For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
v. 27  and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
v. 28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
v. 29  and come forth— those who have done good, to the resurrection of life (the first resurrection), and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation (after the elect have been raised).

Mat 25:31  "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
v. 32  All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
v. 33  And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

Acts 24:15  I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.

First Satan is cast into the pit, then Christ gathers His elect in the air and then they (Christ with the elect) return to earth to judge the world, "the just and the unjust... the living and the dead."

Rev 20:1  Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
v. 2  He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they (the elect) sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
v. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
v. 13  The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
v. 14  Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev 1:7  Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

Just something to consider.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:03:26 PM by Kat »

cheekie3

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 04:50:56 PM »

Kat -

As always you are on the ball.

Thank You for this clarification regarding what I listed as the 5th and 6th Ages being the same.

Kind Regards.

Ever Learning George.

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 12:09:43 AM »

Yes, I really appreciate this too.
  I can only imagine what these days will be like. I can only imagine how long 1000 years really is. And then I wonder if everyone will be given the knowledge of what is going on- that they have been resurrected and are being taught and judged. It's all beyond my human brain. Did we discuss once weather people will be having children in those days? It's hard to imagine they would after the return of Christ. 

Kat

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 11:37:23 PM »

Yes, I really appreciate this too.
  I can only imagine what these days will be like. I can only imagine how long 1000 years really is. And then I wonder if everyone will be given the knowledge of what is going on- that they have been resurrected and are being taught and judged. It's all beyond my human brain. Did we discuss once weather people will be having children in those days? It's hard to imagine they would after the return of Christ. 

Octoberose, when you think of what it says in the article 'An Encouraging Word About Death,' a person is not aware of being dead. So when people are awakened after being resurrected their last memory will be everything from right before they died, no matter how long ago that was. I would think most people will be aware that they died, they will remember that too, like it just happened. Now certainly they will be confused about where they are... people have all kinds of ideas about what happens after death, so they will expect whatever they had believed.

First of all I think everybody will be introduced to Christ in all His glory, "every eye will see Him" (Rev 1:7). But it would not seem to me that people will be resurrected and then left to wander around in confusion, I believe that the correction and teaching will begin immediately. The elect will be spiritual leaders with Christ in the next age, and you can be assured that they will see to it that the whole truth is made known to every person... how well they respond is another thing.

Isa 11:9  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of Jehovah, as the waters cover the sea.
v. 10  And in that day there shall be the Root of Jesse standing for a banner of the people; to Him the nations shall seek; and His resting place shall be glorious.

There will be no longer "every man doing whatever is right in his own eyes" (Deu 12:08), or worse the church telling people how to live. The elect will serve Christ with great power and the world will learn what righteousness is according to His truth.

Isa 30:20  And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher.
v. 21  And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:16:53 AM by Kat »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.