bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help  (Read 5982 times)

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
help
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:33:41 PM »

Hello everyone,

I don't know where to start or what to say. I want to stop sinning. I am a sinning machine.  Now i feel so guilty. I want to desperately do what is right in God's sight, but i can never seem to do it. Now i'm in such internal turmoil wondering if i have to go through this now and in the age to come. I'm messing up so bad in my personal life and at work (no as bad as personal life tho ).  I just want to scream!!!!! Please pray for me, i want to live a Godly life but i can't.

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

Wittenberg

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 02:41:42 PM »

Praying for you. Remember that God is the author of everything, even your sin. God has given you eyes to see your sin, that is a wonderful gift. I sin all the time too, it sucks! He has promised you that someday you won't sin, take that to the bank. Hang in there. God works ALL things for good. We may not know why God does what He does, but trust Him.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 03:22:00 PM »

Praying for you. Remember that God is the author of everything, even your sin. God has given you eyes to see your sin, that is a wonderful gift. I sin all the time too, it sucks! He has promised you that someday you won't sin, take that to the bank. Hang in there. God works ALL things for good. We may not know why God does what He does, but trust Him.

Hi Witten,

God is not the author of our sin. God tempts no man.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith [not sin]; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

God is the author of our faith and grace comes by faith and faith by hearing. Grace then works as God's divine influence upon our hearts to perfect us.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works [not unto sin], which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

God created man subject to moral futility by creating in him a weak a heart and He also created a waster to destroy wherein these things together make obedience to God impossible of ourselves but that does not mean that God engineers our sins.

Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity [moral futility], not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately weak: who can know it?

Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Matthew 15:18-20
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Mark 7:20-23
20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

James 1:12-17
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust [which comes out of his own heart], and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

John 2:15-17
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Genesis 3:1-7
1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

I really don't see how we can say God authors our sins. God certainly is responsible for our weakened condition which puts us, in this world, in an almost frequent state of sinning but it takes no part on God to make us sin. We volunteer for it because our hearts are spiritual weak. All He had to do was create us and the world and then without Him we go dark! With Him, we have the light and we no longer walk in the darkness so we are transformed into His image.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Unless someone can bring forth scripture that says God authors our sin... I just can't go there.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:30:52 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Wittenberg

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »

Isaiah 45:7

I'll state that I believe the point of existence is to be become a son of God, not to live righteously. Though, when I become like God, I will live righteously.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 03:51:02 PM »

Isaiah 45:7

I'll state that I believe the point of existence is to be become a son of God, not to live righteously. Though, when I become like God, I will live righteously.

What does Isaiah 45:7 have to do with God being the author of our sin?

Evil is not the same thing as sin. I never said God doesn't create evil. These are two different things.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Evil has no moral bias. Evil is not sin. When men use evil it becomes sin but God uses evil for accomplishing His good pleasure.

Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. No verse is at all becoming its own interpretation.

God be with you,
Alex
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:53:29 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Wittenberg

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 04:15:10 PM »

You say rightly that God causes evil. Does He cause men to do evil? If so, then He causes sin in men. Otherwise God's evil is limited to lightning strikes and other natural disasters.

Wittenberg

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »

I'm sorry Stello we are not concentrating on your issue you came here for help with. I'll just say, I relate to your struggle and that God loves you and forgives you for whatever you have done 100%. I understand the pain of not doing what you know is correct and feeling like a hypocrite. I constantly feel like a phony and an enemy of God. God makes it clear that you are his child. He is a good, loving father that will not fail to raise you up to be a healthy, productive, victorious person. You will be worthy of Him in action someday, He says so and He is not a liar. You are correct in being frustrated, it is frustrating! You and I will someday not be in bondage to our sin. You and I are in the same boat. You posting what you did today blessed me knowing I'm not alone in MY struggles. Thank you! 

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »

You say rightly that God causes evil. Does He cause men to do evil? If so, then He causes sin in men. Otherwise God's evil is limited to lightning strikes and other natural disasters.

Sorry Wittenburg, no cigar.

Evil and sin are two different things and I proved that to you scripturally. Sin is the transgression of the law. God doesn't make any man sin. Satan, man's weak heart, and circumstances man finds himself in all work against him to produce an all to eager and willing transgressor of the law. Man can't help but sin. All God had to do was create man, and the rest, as they say, is history.

In Christ,
Alex
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:47:04 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Wittenberg

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 04:47:24 PM »

Is God sovereign or not?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 04:50:23 PM »

Well since it seems the scriptures and my words don't matter.

Lets try Ray, after all, we are all here because we are in agreement that God used ray to preach the truth.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,13677.msg120247.html#msg120247

Dear Alex:  I am afraid you are confusing "evil" with "sin."  They are certainly not one and the same thing.
I can tell from your wording that you feel that evil is a bad thing when you say:  "I know this sounds probably
blasphemous to even think that Evil went through Christ..."  As I have stated in my Lake of Fire series, evil
has no moral bias.  There is nothing sinful about evil in and by itself.  Evil (ra in the Hebrew) means to crush
or break into pieces.  And God uses evil for many good purposes.  Evil only becomes a sin when men use
it for wrong purposes.  In the same way, God created "darkness."  There is nothing inherently evil or sinful
about darkness, even though it may not be a pleasant thing. Hope his helps your understanding.
God be with you,
Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4460.0.html ---------------

I have said repeatedly that "evil has no moral bias." It is the motive behind the use of evil that determines whether it is "morally" right or wrong.  So you be sure to remember this next time you hear of an earthquake killing ten thousand men, women, children, and infants. Are you seriously trying to tell me that when the translators change "evil" to "disaster or calamity," that there is therefore no "EVIL" involved in either? A "pure" God DID CREATE EVIL, and that is something you will have to learn to live with and die with. Death itself is an evil and an enemy which Jesus will abolish.  You have spiritually and morally accomplished absolutely nothing by changing evil into calamity.

http://bible-truths.com/emails.html#evil ------------------------------------

Why did God create ANYTHING? THE EARTH? THE HEAVENS? US? ANGELS? ANIMALS?

God has always existed--He is ETERNAL. He is SPIRIT. He is LOVE. He is LONELY. GOD WANTS SONS AND DAUGHTERS.

Since God is good and God is love, He naturally wants His sons and daughters to be good and love also.

Goodness, righteousness, virtue, character, and love AND INANIMATE things cannot be created as a rock, or water, or a star, etc. By the very nature of goodness, virtue, etc., it requires TIME AND CIRCUMSTANCE to develop (or create, if you will) these things. And so God CREATES all that is needed to develop these virtuous traits of character and love.

Since any and every virtue that you can think of is the result of overcoming some for of evil, EVIL therefore becomes a very important ingredient in the development of virtue, character and love.

As God does not DIRECTLY try anyone, He had to create adversaries to do this "dirty work." And so, God created His OWN ADVERSARY, Satan, the devil. There are lesser adversaries in the form of demons.

God gives man the illusion of having "free" will, which exalts his pride and vanity and causes him to think he can operate independently from God. This then brings about SIN.  SIN is so bad that it needs to be atoned for. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to be this Atonement.

Only a few are presently called to understand ANY OF THESE THINGS. The rest of humanity will be called at the great white throne judging.

There was NO evil present with God before Satan, for God UNDERSTANDS all of the ramifications of good and evil.  When all enemies and powers are brought under Christ's subjection, then evil, sin, and even death itself will be abolished.

Sin and evil are absolutely necessary in the development of human character, virtue, and love.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3570.0.html --------

----------------

In Christ,
Alex
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:52:39 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Kat

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 08:26:25 PM »

Stello, "always pray" (21:36; 2 Thess 1:11) and do the best you can do... you are in God's hands.

God is certainly the 'first cause' of all things in that He is the original Designer and Creator (through Christ, Eph 3:9) of everything to be as it is, that's why He is the 'first' cause... He put all the laws of the universe in effect to start with, He created all of us so spiritually weak that we cannot resist the lusts of the flesh, and then created Satan to be His adversary/enemy, who is so cleaver and cunning that we cannot resist his influence, without the Spirit of God. God does not have to directly cause/tempt a person to sin, He has already designed the whole creation to accomplish that.

James 1:13  Let no one say when he is tempted G3985 (to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: - assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt (-er), try.), "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
v. 14  But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
v. 15  Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2477.0.html -----------------

"Free Will" does not exist because it is a physiologically impossibility and the Scriptures CONDEMN any such vanity-crazed idea. 

Have you ever heard of the law of "cause and effect."  It means for every effect there is a CAUSE.  This IS scientific. Therefore all of your thoughts and actions ARE CAUSED by something. Usually something that you are not even aware of, but being caused nonetheless.  This "cause" is what is responsible for your thoughts and actions. And once something is "caused" to happen, it could not have been otherwise. 

God is the FIRST CAUSE of all law and matter.  I use the Scriptures to prove to Christians that they have no free will, as they claim to actually believe the Scriptures.  I would not use the Scriptures to prove to an athiestic evolutionary scientist that he has no free will. There I would use scientific law.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2354.0.html --------------------

Dear Whirlwind:

You are not understanding this subject and the principle behind it. You ask: "Is it man making the choices or is it God's predestination of things?"  It is BOTH.  Listen:  God is SOVEREIGN! Man therefore has NO FREE WILL OR NO FREE CHOICE.  That's it. That's all there is to it.  That IS the principle. That IS the Truth.  That IS what the Bible teaches.  It is not a contradiction to say that "Man makes his own choices."  You and millions of other just think it is a contradiction to say man makes his own choices if indeed God is sovereign and God is behind all in His creation.  It is not a contradiction. It only sounds like a contradiction for those who do not believe that "God is Sovereign, and Man has no free will."

I hardly know what else to tell you.  God made man's heart. Man did not make his own heart, or his body, or his mind, or his brain, or his will, or his hopes and dreams.  They are all PREDESTINATED by the foreknowledge of God.  So then we don't make choices, right?  NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....WE DO MAKE CHOICES.  It's just that they are CAUSED by things we can't always see.  Sometimes we can see what makes our choices and some times we can't, but either way THEY ARE CAUSED.  And God, not us, already knows in advance the outcome of all of those caused choices. How does He do that?  He is very smart (has over a 150 IQ), plus HE IS SOVEREIGN, ALL WISE, AND ALL POWERFUL.....and don't forget LOVE.

So, does God FORCE EVIL MEN TO RAPE LITTLE GIRLS?  Well, does He?  Does God being Sovereign prove that God forces evil men to rape little girls?  That's what evil theologians deduce from the truth of no free will.  They turn the Sovereignty of God into one of the biggest evils in the universe. If God is Sovereign, then God must be EVIL, because there is so much evil in the world, and God is in control of all things, right?  Wrong, wrong, wrong!  Man makes all his own choices. Just because they are CAUSED does not mean that he does not make them.  He is, in fact, CAUSED TO MAKE HIS CHOICES. But God does not directly do this. He is responsible, but He does not directly cause those choices. Things like the Devil do such things.  And who created the Devil?  That's right, that One Who is Sovereign and in charge of all things.  Evil men like raping just like evil theologians like stealing widow's social security money.  God doesn't make them do it--THEY LIKE TO DO IT.  They volunteer with little outside influence.  God made humanity this way. He created them spiritually weak.  Eve couldn't help but sin.  God has a good purpose and God will straighten it all out in the end.

I guess I could just keep writing and writing and writing and one day someone will say................OHHHHHH, now I get it.  Maybe today is your day. I'm pulling for ya!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

stello

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 08:56:48 PM »

Everyone, thanks for your help, prayers and advice. God is such an amazing God, i cry inside when i think of how much sin i do. I know i am not worthy of his smallest mercy but everything i have God has given it to me and i know i don't deserve any of it. I yearn so much to love Him with all my heart, but as you all have shown me, it is a process. I'm very grateful for God's love and mercy and i so look forward to the day when i am completely saved. Not just me but everyone of us. I don't know any of you personally but i love you all.

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 10:13:50 PM »

Stello:

I can relate to your long journey (Luke 15:13). I have learned a couple of things in regards to this whole situation of overcoming:

1) The Beast Within does not want to be deposed of its throne, and this beast is described as "exceeding strong" (Daniel 7:7). At times, it is a titanic struggle of overcoming certain sins, and eventually everyone is going to journey down this path (Revelation 21:7). You are heading down this "wit's end" (Psalm 107:27) path right now, in this lifetime. Even though it seems strange, "rejoice, again I say rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4). And that whole chapter of Psalm 107 is very revealing. It's worth a look.

2) "Resist the devil, and he will flee" (James 4:7). There is a lot involved in this verse. Satan is a master at using a) guilt and b) shame in conjunction with c) the temptation, in order to keep us in bondage to the same sins over and over again. This is the way he works: An evil thought will enter your mind, and as soon as you contemplate this thought (which is not sinning), the devil will hit you with a Mike Tyson combination of guilt and/or shame for 1) the thought appearing in your mind (even though it was the devil which put it there!), and 2) reminding you of your past failures in this particular area of sin. He is brutal. It comes down to a process of training your mind to recognize HOW he is attacking you, personally (Matthew 16:23). Until you learn this 3 pronged strategy of the wicked one, you will struggle in your efforts to overcome that particular sin. "We are not ignorant of his schemes" (2 Corinthians 2:11), even though we actually ARE ignorant of the devil's schemes, until the Father's appointed time for us to learn righteousness. It's no wonder the Bible refers to Satan as "more subtle than ANY BEAST which the Lord God had made". (Genesis 3:1)  INDEED, he IS!

I hope this helps, as it helped me greatly during this struggle to mentally analyze what was occurring during my temptations. There is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9), and this goes for the devil's schemes as well.

God Bless You.

Dean

cheekie3

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 04:38:58 AM »

stello -

Our Heavenly Father looks at the desires of our hearts. He judges our heart's desires. He also forgives all of our sins if we forgive all others who sin against us.

I pray on these lines each and every day - I repent of all my sins and I forgive all those who have sinned against me - and I sometimes think of the pain caused to me by individual people and this helps me to choose to forgive them in spite of my hurt.

I always pour out my heart to Him - and ask that He guide me each and every step of the way - after all He prepares the steps we all must walk (and this includes the Good and the Wicked).

I also state my heart's desire to Him - that I do all that He Commands - and that I please Him by the way I conduct my Life - with His awesome Help each and every step of the way.

There are certain groups of people who believe that we are all God or gods (and this power is within us all) - but the Scriptures state that we are born naturally and He then (each of us, in the time of His selection in this Age or the Next Age) are transformed a day at a time into His Image (and characteristics - which are the nine-fold Fruit of His Holy Spirit and Personality).

I hope this helps you a little.

Kind Regards.

George.

rick

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 11:42:09 PM »

Hi Stello,

Jesus is the great deliver, it is Christ who is going to save us from ourselves we cannot do it but Christ can and not only can He, He wills that all men be saved and what God wills comes to pass in His time not ours.

It's good to see that we are not ok because that tells us Christ is working with us.

God bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.