bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Sinned Today  (Read 5939 times)

Jeff

I Sinned Today
« on: May 18, 2016, 08:39:56 PM »

I sinned today.  I may have hurt someone's feelings by my actions, and it could potentially cost me my job, but as I was thinking about what I'd done, I started listing character flaws.  I counted 31 of them and I don't think the list is complete yet.

Satan doesn't really even need to bother with me.  I sin just fine all on my own.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: I Sinned Today
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:00:45 PM »

Me too, Jeff.  But maybe this is encouragement for now.  The Lord has not hardened your heart to these things or given you over to a reprobate mind.  Keep the faith.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 09:26:29 PM »

I find battles are won and lost in my day to day life but God is teaching me to win the war that is within.

My hope is steadfast in Christ regardless of what I see going on in my life.

lean not to your own understanding but trust in God in all things going on in your life.

God bless.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 09:44:41 PM »

Friend Jeff,

Get in line! It starts back there ;)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 12:04:59 AM »

Me too, Jeff.  But maybe this is encouragement for now.  The Lord has not hardened your heart to these things or given you over to a reprobate mind.  Keep the faith.   

The Lord has not hardened your heart to these things...

This is the very thing that keeps me going :)

Jeff

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 12:05:34 AM »

I find battles are won and lost in my day to day life but God is teaching me to win the war that is within.

My hope is steadfast in Christ regardless of what I see going on in my life.

lean not to your own understanding but trust in God in all things going on in your life.

God bless.

Thank you Rick.

Jeff

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 12:06:30 AM »

Friend Jeff,

Get in line! It starts back there ;)

:)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 01:15:49 AM »

Only God can save you from your sins which you will overcome in His time. We do our best but fail many times but you seem to hate it which is a good place to be in God's process.

And don't count too high as you will give yourself a headache  ;D

Rhys
🤫

cheekie3

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 04:06:49 AM »

Jeff -

I sinned today.  I may have hurt someone's feelings by my actions, and it could potentially cost me my job, but as I was thinking about what I'd done, I started listing character flaws.  I counted 31 of them and I don't think the list is complete yet.

Satan doesn't really even need to bother with me.  I sin just fine all on my own.

I believe the sequence of events that each of us must go through is on these lines:

1. I understand that Our Heavenly Father first shows each of us our individual sins (each in His own time of His choosing).

2. Then He leads us to repent of each and every one of our horrid deeds (and this may include, at times, the burden to personally seek forgiveness from some of those we sinned against).

3. This is done in His timing, and one sin at a time.

4. This is always with the prerequisite need for us to forgive all those who have sinned against us - before He will completely forgive each and every one of our own sins.

5. But in all this, He is faithful, and He Graces each of us (in His time of His choosing) with the Faith of His Beloved Son - in order for us to start overcoming (and begin to conquer) each and every evil device that Satan has thrown at us.

6. His Truth (and not our own truth, or anyone else's truth) SETS each and every one of us TRULY FREE.

I hope this helps you a little.

Kind Regards.

Still Learning and Always Humbled

George.

stello

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 12:33:30 PM »

1John1:8-10

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

God is so amazing, He gave us this word!!!! May God richly bless you today and give you peace!!!

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

lostANDfound

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »

Good one Stello!
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

Jeff

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 10:16:22 PM »

Jeff -

I believe the sequence of events that each of us must go through is on these lines:

1. I understand that Our Heavenly Father first shows each of us our individual sins (each in His own time of His choosing).

2. Then He leads us to repent of each and every one of our horrid deeds (and this may include, at times, the burden to personally seek forgiveness from some of those we sinned against).

3. This is done in His timing, and one sin at a time.

4. This is always with the prerequisite need for us to forgive all those who have sinned against us - before He will completely forgive each and every one of our own sins.

5. But in all this, He is faithful, and He Graces each of us (in His time of His choosing) with the Faith of His Beloved Son - in order for us to start overcoming (and begin to conquer) each and every evil device that Satan has thrown at us.

6. His Truth (and not our own truth, or anyone else's truth) SETS each and every one of us TRULY FREE.

I hope this helps you a little.

Kind Regards.

Still Learning and Always Humbled

George.

Every response here has been uplifting and enlightening. I'm so grateful for the fellowship in this extraordinary place as well as the ongoing instruction and process of learning.

>>>one sin at a time.

Something that's often been expressed here is that what appears on the outside can be a reflection of the heart.  When the eye sins it's to be repented of in the heart.  I've been asking myself "what's in my heart right now?" when I'm struggling with something.  I realized today that it could possibly be a way to identify sin that God might be showing me.

Today I asked that question and the answer was immediate - fear.  So that's what I'll pray about.

Thank you all so very much. :)

cheekie3

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 04:41:06 AM »

Jeff -

Something that's often been expressed here is that what appears on the outside can be a reflection of the heart.  When the eye sins it's to be repented of in the heart.  I've been asking myself "what's in my heart right now?" when I'm struggling with something.  I realized today that it could possibly be a way to identify sin that God might be showing me.

Today I asked that question and the answer was immediate - fear.  So that's what I'll pray about.

Thank you all so very much. :)

We should all be able to know exactly what the intention(s) in our heart is / are at any point in time - as it all starts from our heart.

People sometimes accuse me of being this or that - and I often reply that I know what is in my heart and what they have deduced is not correct - as that is not the intention in my heart.

I find it useful and very helpful to myself to check the intention(s) in my heart - as I see this as part of His High Command that we should judge ourselves first before we can evaluate the motives and intentions of others - otherwise we are unlikely to see the whole Truth of a situation.

I hope this helps a little.

Self Evaluating and a Big Judge of one (namely a Judge of Me and Me alone) George (as I judge no one but myself as instructed by Our Heavenly Father) - otherwise that little great i am that was my old ego of my old self (who is governed by the Law of Sin and Death) may wake up from the dead (and I want my old self to remain dead and buried - so he cannot do any harm to me or others) - as I want to Live my Life in His Love governed by His Laws of Life (Aionian) in His Holy Spirit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.