bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jungle Rescue Hospital  (Read 4318 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Jungle Rescue Hospital
« on: May 19, 2016, 03:48:34 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp32ptHJZnk

That's preview to an episode of the PBS "NATURE" series.  It's already aired here where I am, but isn't yet online and may not have aired where you are.  Besides being just a beautiful show, I worshiped God watching it.  I'll come back with a link to the whole documentary and share "WHY" I did when it comes online.  But if you've seen it (or care to watch it later) I'd love to hear what was in your mind when you did.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

AwesomeSavior

Re: Jungle Rescue Hospital
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 05:59:55 PM »

I haven't seen that show. I don't watch too much TV, but have always enjoyed shows that focuses on animals, especially when the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, had his show with his wife on Animal Planet. Looking forward to another link when the full show is ready!

Kat

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:37:21 PM »

I watched it last night Dave, I thought it was really good. I was so impressed with these people that are dedicating an enormous amount of time and effort to save some species that are being so greatly harmed by mankind, some on the verge of extinction. One of the main focus was on the Scarlet Macaws, such a beautiful creature and the reason they have greatly declined in the wild, mainly due to poaching. I have a very high regard for the people that do this kind of work.

I follow a few similar endeavors on facebook... Mexican Gray Wolves and the American Whooping Cranes.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:42:05 PM by Kat »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 08:24:16 PM »

Very little time for tv in med school but i love nature. I am always in awe of our Creator when I see the work of His hands. Ill see if I can't get around to watching that. My first year ends June 17th and I get a month off before my second year begins. Looking very much forward to some RnR.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 12:10:52 AM »

Here's the link for the whole documentary.  It's about an hour.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/jungle-animal-hospital-full-episode/14299/
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 11:16:36 PM »

This is why I worshiped God.

The "path" of the Spider Monkeys:

Orphaned in the Jungle for the pet-trade.  Rescued from the traders and taken to the hospital.  Raised, but not too closely, by the Doctors and staff, so they would be prepared to be released back to the wild.  Undergoing a little "rough treatment" that stressed both monkey and doctor/worker.  Chosen for release.  Anesthetized.  Awakened and released into the wild to build the population of the species.

The "path" of the Elect of God: 

Called out the world into the church.  Rescued from the church and into faith.  Fed by the Bread of Life, but not always in ways we might expect, by the Lord in Spirit in preparation for the culmination of the Plan.  Undergoing tests, trials, and temptations not easy on us, and not easy on the Lord either.  Election made sure.  Dies.  Raised from the dead to judge the world to bring all men to salvation.

Neither the Spider monkey nor the Elect know what is going on until perhaps shortly before it happens and after it does.  If we are smarter and have more foreknowledge than the Spider monkey, it is only a bit more.  Neither is making the choice, only responding to the care of the Caregiver.

It's an example, to me.  Like every earthly example, it breaks down if too much is expected of it, but that's why I worshiped God while watching a documentary.       

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 08:49:49 PM »

Interesting. On occasion I have a spiritual revelation like that, even while viewing something as ridiculous as a TV commercial. Sometimes it is amusing, and other times it is amazing how the Lord has wound little clues into the reality of this existence, mostly for the benefit of the Elect.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 07:44:43 PM »

Interesting. On occasion I have a spiritual revelation like that, even while viewing something as ridiculous as a TV commercial. Sometimes it is amusing, and other times it is amazing how the Lord has wound little clues into the reality of this existence, mostly for the benefit of the Elect.

That kind of thing makes life at least more interesting, I think. 

What Kat said about the love and care of the doctors and workers was at the core of (and the reason why) these comparisons hit me so powerfully.  But there was another kind of "love" in the story, though not really the focus of it.  It was the "love" of potential exotic house-pets and the love of money in those seeking to fill that demand.  That's a pretty powerful 'example' as well, to me. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.