bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humans predate neandrathals?  (Read 8414 times)

Kat

Re: Humans predate neandrathals?
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2016, 12:22:04 PM »

I have a query regarding Satan, as he is not God, and does not know the future; as this Scripture alludes to (as Satan must be one of the princes of this world:

I Corinthians 2:8: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Also, as Satan is the god of this world, he certainly could offer all the kingdoms of this world - as they are his.

It certainly makes sense if this was a vision in the minds eye.

Satan is a intelligent being, now he would not know the future, but he certainly understands what the OT Scriptures said and what was prophesied to come - Christ to suffer and die, and what that would accomplish. So I think he took his chance to derail all that, Satan tried to make his offer seem proper, but was it his to offer? Remember what Christ told Pilate.

John 19:11  Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

All is according to the Father's intention, even Satan power to deceive the whole world... that is how Satan rules, in deception. Christ said of Satan "does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him" (John 8:44). I believe that I Corinthians 2:8 is speaking of the human rulers down thought this age.

So what I meant was that Satan made an attempt to lure/entice Jesus into starting His reign right then and there, without going through all the suffering. Satan spoke as the cunning liar that he is and though he certainly does rule in the hearts of the deceived, but that's all the power/authority that I see he has in the Scripture. He certainly tried to appear to be over Jesus, the Son, even saying IF you are the Son, but as Christ told Pilate, all Satan could do was according to God's plan, as He is sovereign, Satan just serves His purpose.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

cheekie3

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 12:56:23 PM »

Kat -

Quote from: cheekie3 on Today at 01:59:01 AM

I have a query regarding Satan, as he is not God, and does not know the future; as this Scripture alludes to (as Satan must be one of the princes of this world:

I Corinthians 2:8: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Also, as Satan is the god of this world, he certainly could offer all the kingdoms of this world - as they are his.

It certainly makes sense if this was a vision in the minds eye.

Satan is a intelligent being, now he would not know the future, but he certainly understands what the OT Scriptures said and what was prophesied to come - Christ to suffer and die, and what that would accomplish. So I think he took his chance to derail all that, Satan tried to make his offer seem proper, but was it his to offer? Remember what Christ told Pilate.

John 19:11  Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

All is according to the Father's intention, even Satan power to deceive the whole world... that is how Satan rules, in deception. Christ said of Satan "does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him" (John 8:44). I believe that I Corinthians 2:8 is speaking of the human rulers down thought this age.

So what I meant was that Satan made an attempt to lure/entice Jesus into starting His reign right then and there, without going through all the suffering. Satan spoke as the cunning liar that he is and though he certainly does rule in the hearts of the deceived, but that's all the power/authority that I see he has in the Scripture. He certainly tried to appear to be over Jesus, the Son, even saying IF you are the Son, but as Christ told Pilate, all Satan could do was according to God's plan, as He is sovereign, Satan just serves His purpose.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Thank you for your further post.

As Satan is the god of all the rulers of this world (heavenly and earthly rulers) - I believe 1 Corinthians 2:8 applies to Satan too - and I do not believe Satan knew The Plan of Our Heavenly Father and His Salvation. I may be wrong, but I need at least two (2) Scriptural Witnesses to convince me otherwise - as Satan would have tried everything in his power to stop the Crucifixion had he known the end game of The True God Almighty.

Kind Regards.

George.

Kat

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2016, 03:39:41 PM »

George when you think of how crafty Satan is at deceiving and tempting people to sin, he has to know at least as much as man understands about God's plan, after all the church is where he has his seat of power. I'm not saying he has greater knowledge than what is spoken by man, but he certainly knew what Jesus is about and his purpose on earth was. Satan did make a number of attempts to interfere with God's plan for Christ, firstly to kill him as a baby.

Mat 2:13  Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him."

Any number of times the pharisees tried to lay hands on Jesus wanting to kill Him, but circumstances prevented it. In the temptation why would Satan want to give Jesus the nations then? Maybe he thought he would rule with Christ or something. Maybe Satan thought as the Jews did that Christ came to rule at that time. I think Satan must have thought he had finally accomplished his goal at stopping Jesus when He was crucified... because he didn't seem to know the exacting degree of what that would actually accomplish. Imagine his surprise when he had actually played right into God's plan.

There are a number of Scripture where demons speak to Jesus and seem to know about His purpose and what demons know certainly Satan knows.

Mark 1:23  Now there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit. And he cried out,
v. 24  saying, "Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are—the Holy One of God!"

Luke 8:28  When he saw Jesus, he cried out, fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, "What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me!"

Matt 8:28  When He had come to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon-possessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way.
v. 29  And suddenly they cried out, saying, "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?"

Another point is that Jesus said that He had overcome the world even 'before' He was crucified and resurrected, so maybe when Jesus rejected Satan in the temptations that's what He meant He had overcome the world or it's ruler.

John 16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

cheekie3

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 05:19:23 AM »

Kat -

Thank you for your post:

George when you think of how crafty Satan is at deceiving and tempting people to sin, he has to know at least as much as man understands about God's plan, after all the church is where he has his seat of power. I'm not saying he has greater knowledge than what is spoken by man, but he certainly knew what Jesus is about and his purpose on earth was. Satan did make a number of attempts to interfere with God's plan for Christ, firstly to kill him as a baby.

Mat 2:13  Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him."

Any number of times the pharisees tried to lay hands on Jesus wanting to kill Him, but circumstances prevented it. In the temptation why would Satan want to give Jesus the nations then? Maybe he thought he would rule with Christ or something. Maybe Satan thought as the Jews did that Christ came to rule at that time. I think Satan must have thought he had finally accomplished his goal at stopping Jesus when He was crucified... because he didn't seem to know the exacting degree of what that would actually accomplish. Imagine his surprise when he had actually played right into God's plan.

There are a number of Scripture where demons speak to Jesus and seem to know about His purpose and what demons know certainly Satan knows.

Mark 1:23  Now there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit. And he cried out,
v. 24  saying, "Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are—the Holy One of God!"

Luke 8:28  When he saw Jesus, he cried out, fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, "What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me!"

Matt 8:28  When He had come to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon-possessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way.
v. 29  And suddenly they cried out, saying, "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?"

Another point is that Jesus said that He had overcome the world even 'before' He was crucified and resurrected, so maybe when Jesus rejected Satan in the temptations that's what He meant He had overcome the world or it's ruler.

John 16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

The Scriptures you have provided I know very well, and I understand their meaning.

The point I was making you have worded extremely well - as follows:

Maybe Satan thought as the Jews did that Christ came to rule at that time. I think Satan must have thought he had finally accomplished his goal at stopping Jesus when He was crucified... because he didn't seem to know the exacting degree of what that would actually accomplish. Imagine his surprise when he had actually played right into God's plan.

That is exactly what I was trying to clarify - that Our Heavenly Father kept His Plan of Salvation secret - and Satan did not know the exacting degree of what would actually be accomplished. I do not really want to have at a guess of what Satan was thinking when all this was going on - but it is possible for Satan to actually believe he was winning and had actually beaten God Almighty Himself.

Focusing a little more on the life and times of Satan:

Perhaps, Satan, may have had a chill down his spine when he realised that without God, there is nothing - including Satan himself; as Satan lives purely by the power of God Almighty Himself, and not by his own power.

I mean, how can anyone outsmart God Himself; let alone actually defeat God Almighty. Once we know and accept that we are created and did not create ourselves, we must realise that it is utter folly in trying to defeat The One who sustains all life.

Our Heavenly Father in His Wisdom created the devil for His Good Purposes; as His adversary. Satan does what Satan does - as he has no choice in the matter. He was perfectly designed to do what he does extremely well. Satan is smart but God Himself is Smarter.

Again, I do not want to have a guess at what Satan may be thinking about his life, in his alone time - if you will - but perhaps, the devil may, from time to time, be frustrated with his lot, and even angry. I do not know, and the Scriptures are silent on these things. All we know is that Satan is crafty, clever, smart - and a liar and a murderer from the beginning - who deceives the whole world.

I do not believe that Satan knows the end from the beginning - as only Almighty God knows what He Planned to execute with precise precision in all that is alive. Satan is smart and knows a lot more than any of us - but Satan does not know the future.

I do not really want to focus too much on Satan - but we all know that Salvation is for all - including Satan. So, I believe, we must all understand at least a little about the devil's role in life; and Satan's ultimate destiny as designed by Our Loving Heavenly Father.

We are instructed not to fight evil with evil but with Good (which can only come from Our Heavenly Father Himself).

When we get angry and frustrated at our lot in life, it is very easy to lash out and strike back at those who inflicted us with pain and suffering - but it takes (His Grace in us that produces) self-control to make peace with our enemies, and not war with them.

I always appreciate your thoughtful posts; and all of us, I am sure, gain more and more understanding from them and The Scriptures you provide.

Kind Regards.

George.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.