bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revelation 21:2-4  (Read 3443 times)

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Revelation 21:2-4
« on: June 01, 2016, 02:12:22 PM »

Good morning everyone, have a blessed day!!!!

Revelation 21:2-4 New International Version (NIV)

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I know i have to learn patience, but i am ready for this now!!!!! :)

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Revelation 21:2-4
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:18 PM »

http://bible-truths.com/enigmaOfGod.htm

JEHOVAH SHAMMAH

THE LORD IS THERE:

"And the name of the city from that time on shall be the Lord Is There [Heb: 'Jehovah shammah]" (Ezek. 48:35).

I saved this last name till last, as it is a very unusual name for the LORD, but most informative. Why would this city be called "The LORD IS THERE?" This is one of the most comforting names of God. In times past Israel wasn't sure the LORD was "there" with them Here is what they asked:

"And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?" (Exodis 17:7).

Israel wanted to know whether God was with them or not after the terrible ordeal of the Babylonian captivity. God was letting them know through Ezekiel that God were "BE THERE." This is most interesting. Some scholars firmly believe that were Jehovah said His Name was "I Am that I Am," means "coming."

The name Jehovah represents the third person singular of the verb Hayah (old form Havah) in its "present" or pictorial tense. This would signify "He is becoming," or "He will come to be." It must be related to the form found at Exodus 3:14, Ehyeh, which can only mean "I am coming to be." (From  Alexander Thomson-"Who is Our God" p. 48).

And so we have in God's name both the promise of "coming" and "being there." And this is precisely what God has done. God has "come" to mankind.

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel [Heb: 'with us is God]" (Isa. 7:14).

JESUS

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" (Matt. 1:23).

And when did God come to be "with us?"

"The Word was God... And the Word was made flesh..." God began fulfilling this aspect of His name when He came to us in the Flesh of Jesus Christ.

"For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Col. 2:9).

Is God still "with us?" Is Jesus still "there?"

"For where two or three are gathered together in My Name, THERE am I in the midst of them" (Matt. 18:20).

And this:

"He which testifies these things said, Surely I COME QUICKLY. A-men. Even so, COME, Lord Jesus."

And finally:

"Behold, the tabernacle of God is with them, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God" (Rev. 21:2).

I'm ready too Stello. Oh so very ready!

Have a great day also.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.