bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Christendom half right about hell.  (Read 11128 times)

rick

Christendom half right about hell.
« on: June 06, 2016, 06:39:48 PM »

I'm sure it sounds strange about Christendom being right about anything lol , I cannot help to notice God has a way of turning up the heat , at least in my life.

I've been wondering how is God going to get me to change ? I trust in God but when examining myself and having no faith in my ability to bring lasting change I often wonder how will true lasting change come about?

It seem things in my life aren't the same as before , the things I use to enjoy doing seem to be the very things that make me miserable, I feel I'm living in limbo and nothing seems to satisfy except the word of God, I do seem to find a fair amount of pleasure in my occupation which is h.v.a.c  but in every day living I find something is dying.

I see its my circumstances that brought me to where I'm at but if I ask what can I do about my circumstances? I remember its not in man to direct his path and so I think what ever path I'm on must be the only possible path I can be on.

Well anyways, Christendom is half right about hell, it's kinda hot in a certain way just not the way they claim.

God bless.

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Christendom half right about hell.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »

LOL Rick!!

Have a blessed day!!

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

stello

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 06:49:28 PM »

On a more serious note i too often wonder how the change will occur. I know i will be ( or am right now being (i hope!!) ) salted with fire. So many things i wish i could stop doing and so many things i want to start doing! I do see changes in my personality and attitudes. I am not worried about dying or friends or family dying because i believe Jesus will raise us all up, whether to rule with him or undergo the white throne judgement. Ultimately, we will all be like Jesus!!

stello

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 07:09:00 PM »

I'm sure it sounds strange about Christendom being right about anything lol , I cannot help to notice God has a way of turning up the heat , at least in my life.

I've been wondering how is God going to get me to change ? I trust in God but when examining myself and having no faith in my ability to bring lasting change I often wonder how will true lasting change come about?

It seem things in my life aren't the same as before , the things I use to enjoy doing seem to be the very things that make me miserable, I feel I'm living in limbo and nothing seems to satisfy except the word of God, I do seem to find a fair amount of pleasure in my occupation which is h.v.a.c  but in every day living I find something is dying.

I see its my circumstances that brought me to where I'm at but if I ask what can I do about my circumstances? I remember its not in man to direct his path and so I think what ever path I'm on must be the only possible path I can be on.

Well anyways, Christendom is half right about hell, it's kinda hot in a certain way just not the way they claim.

God bless.

Hi Rick,

So long as we exist in these mortal bodies of flesh and blood we will never be free from sin. Oh what an evil experience it is.

You ask, 'I wonder how God is going to get me to change?' In the twinkling of an eye. In a moment.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-10
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with  all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

But even now, there is change taking place even if we can't always see it or believe it. God is faithful and He is the one doing the works. I trust Him even if all I see is the beast when I look in the mirror.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Each passing day brings us one step closer to Him.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

stello

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 08:41:28 PM »

Thank you Alex for your response and especially this:

"But even now, there is change taking place even if we can't always see it or believe it. God is faithful and He is the one doing the works. I trust Him even if all I see is the beast when I look in the mirror."

stello

rick

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 10:41:15 PM »

Hi Alex,

I know God is changing us, all of us. In a twinkling of and eye happens when Christ returns as you know. How is it we learn to hate a thing we loved ?

That thing we now hate did not just happen on its own but God through our circumstances changes us .

Here is faith, God called me while being totally carnal minded which is pure hatred against God, I was not looking for God , God wasn't on my mind .

I was happy being my sinful evil wicked self not that I ever saw me in that way, if you asked me I would of told you I was a decent guy.

So now God calls me or as we understand here God dragged me to Himself an so now God has my attention and I like anyone else comes to understand about this beast we really are......shocking as it may be we try to clean up our life to please God only to discover we can't clean up nothing.

My opinion is God makes us live in our filth to we come to hate it with a passion so we don't have second thoughts about it but all along He's been changing us while we are in it , we don't always see that but how is it we now hate the things we loved to do but are not right?

Before Christ I thought I was in control ( Free will ) Now with Christ I understand I have a ( will ) and no control period , believe me it's better this way but when we arrive here that's when God turns up the heat on us and life takes on new and improved meaning.

But if God dragged us this far We must trust He is going to drag us the rest of the way to the point where will will happily follow and maybe that is when we are changed in the twinkling of and eye.

God bless.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:45:12 PM by Rick »

Kat

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 11:22:48 AM »

Hi Rick, yes it is that gradual process of change we must go through and it only starts when the Spirit of Christ becomes indwelling.

Rom 8:16  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

So it is that Spirit in us that begins the slow process of changing our old carnal, God hating self...

Eph 4:22  that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
v. 23  and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
v. 24  and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

So He is doing the work in/through us, in our minds and in our thinking to know God, understand His truth, make the changes to become a new creation.

2Cor 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

It is true we start to see things differently, things that we thought was fun and good are revealed by the Spirit to only be carnal lusts and it will not let us be okay with that anymore... those worldly type things certainly lose there luster. 

Titus 2:11  For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,
v. 12  training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,
v. 13  waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

It is that process of burning the chaff out or pruning off all bad branches in us, both are rather rough to endure, but absolutely necessary to bring us to where we need to be... praise be to God!

Luke 3:17  His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire."

John 15:1  "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
v. 2  Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
v. 3  You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
v. 4  Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
v. 5  "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 07:21:05 PM »

Rick:

I can tell you firsthand that one of the ways God has "salted me with fire" with His circumstances is through many different health scares, including one I just had last night. These evil experiences are very humbling. I realize that they are needed for the transformation within to occur, but wow...He is incredible.

Dean

Chris

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 09:00:26 PM »

Rick:

I can tell you firsthand that one of the ways God has "salted me with fire" with His circumstances is through many different health scares, including one I just had last night. These evil experiences are very humbling. I realize that they are needed for the transformation within to occur, but wow...He is incredible.

Dean
I agree with this

rick

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 10:25:19 PM »

Hi Dean,

It does appear there is always something in our life that stands out and causes us to think on a spiritual level but I find its everything in my life from morning till night that I question.

It's frustrating to discover how helpless we are and to say no to any given thing only to discover your no ends up being yes when you actually mean no, yet at the same time it does force me to trust Christ more for my life .

I think Jesus wants me to really understand I'm not in control of anything exspecially the things I feel most strong in.

Life is hard and difficult and sometimes scary not knowing what the next hour brings into our life but when I think on these things I start to realize Christ does not want me trusting in any ability I may have to see me through whatever might be  transpiring at any given hour.

So where does that leave me ? It's difficult to let go and trust Christ because all my life I've been calling the shots but what is freaky to me is I discovered I've been deceived into thinking I called the shots.

It was never in my command to direct my footsteps anymore than I ever had free will or the ability to make any kind of uncaused choice.

I do feel as if I'm in limbo because I don't feel I'm totally carnal minded but neither am I totally spiritually minded. Maybe I'm carnally minded but believing in The sovereignty of God and not man.

I feel I'm being lead and not leading so I don't know where I'm going I only know what I'm going through at the time I'm going through whatever it is that is happening at any given moment in my life.

I'm not complaining and may God keep me from complaining, I do understand within the scope He has given me to understand this strange and difficult thing I call life.

Through everything I go through I certainly lost all fear of death I once had but no longer do because my life is not really my life, it belongs to Christ just like the thousand cattle on the hill and everything else in this universe belongs to Christ.

I guess these are just a few reasons why we need to trust in Christ.

God bless.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 02:04:46 PM »

Matt 11:28  Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
v. 29  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
v. 30  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Gal 5:1  For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Rom 6:17  But thank God that, though you were once slaves of sin, you became obedient from your hearts to that form of teaching with which you were entrusted!
v. 18  And since you have been freed from sin, you have become slaves of righteousness.

Rom 6:20  For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
v. 21  What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.
v. 22  But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.
v. 23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal (eonian) life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Just thought you would like to see these Scripture Rick.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rick

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »

Matt 11:28  Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
v. 29  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Gal 5:1  For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Rom 6:17  But thank God that, though you were once slaves of sin, you became obedient from your hearts to that form of teaching with which you were entrusted!
v. 18  And since you have been freed from sin, you have become slaves of righteousness.

Rom 6:20  For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
v. 21  What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.
v. 22  But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.
v. 23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal (eonian) life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Just thought you would like to see these Scripture Rick.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Hi Kat,

You thought  rightly , I like the translation you have of Rom 6: 17 . I been stuck or hung up I think between Gods sovereignty and my part .

What I mean by that statement is that God is sovereign and it's not in man to direct his own footsteps and all  choices we make are accordingly to our circumstances and all our circumstances are from God but I know I'm still missing something.

I think sometimes I'm just about as dumb as a man can be but Also I think in part because the time I would like to spend reading Rays papers is not always affordable to me but that is not to say that I don't waist time to.

I've learned so much truth from Rays papers it's incredible but Ray has much more truths I haven't even  gotten to. I've learned some awesome things from this website, things I might of not known until the next age but Gods plans for me are in this age and this I believe  fully but I just feel slow at it.

Ray said learning is hard and I know God does not give it away one must struggle and   Wrestle for the truth.

You have been a great  inspiration  as well as very helpful to me which I am thankful and   Indebted .

Thanks again Kat as always and God bless

Kat

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 08:26:58 PM »

And here's how I can come to terms with the possible idea of being chosen, for any of us lowly nothings  ;)

1Cor 1:27  But God chose what is nonsense in the world to make the wise feel ashamed. God chose what is weak in the world to make the strong feel ashamed.
v. 28  And God chose what is insignificant in the world, what is despised, what is nothing, in order to destroy what is something,
v. 29  so that no one may boast in God's presence.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rick

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 09:49:36 PM »

And here's how I can come to terms with the possible idea of being chosen, for any of us lowly nothings  ;)

1Cor 1:27  But God chose what is nonsense in the world to make the wise feel ashamed. God chose what is weak in the world to make the strong feel ashamed.
v. 28  And God chose what is insignificant in the world, what is despised, what is nothing, in order to destroy what is something,
v. 29  so that no one may boast in God's presence.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Hi Kat,

That's a beautiful response, very encouraging. All you have said sounds much like my life as I can relate to the above.

I know God is working with me but I also know there are no guarantees except only for those who Finnish the race but a race I believe depends solemnly on God. I cannot say I am of the elect I certainly don't deserve such an honor.

God bless.

Jeff

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 03:41:34 PM »

I struggle with verses like these. I don't know what it's like to have rest. I'm not complaining, I just don't understand where/when the "rest" part comes in.  I look at the suffering in the world (knowing that it has purpose) but I don't see many people who have "rest" - I just see the suffering part.  Are these verses speaking of the future?

Another thing I struggle with is being a slave to sin - I'm probably more of a slave to sin now, than ever in my life.  I can't change that, so it's intended, but some of the verses regarding this seem to imply a present tense.  Maybe it's the present of a future tense.  I'm fairly certain, regardless the knowledge I have, that there is no indwelling of the Spirit in my case.

As I get older and deteriorate I find that the medication I take impacts how I think and feel, which then has an impact on my relationship with God. It effectively draws me away from him which just results in feeling less and less connected to him. I can't control that, so it's intended.  If things continue on this track, to the end, at that point I'll be further away from him than I ever have been at any point in my life. It's intended, but I certainly don't understand it.  We're supposed to be moving closer to Him, I think, although his plan - our path- is unique, so it's hard to make comparisons.

Extol

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 04:07:11 PM »

I struggle with verses like these. I don't know what it's like to have rest. I'm not complaining, I just don't understand where/when the "rest" part comes in.  I look at the suffering in the world (knowing that it has purpose) but I don't see many people who have "rest" - I just see the suffering part.  Are these verses speaking of the future?

Another thing I struggle with is being a slave to sin - I'm probably more of a slave to sin now, than ever in my life.  I can't change that, so it's intended, but some of the verses regarding this seem to imply a present tense.  Maybe it's the present of a future tense.  I'm fairly certain, regardless the knowledge I have, that there is no indwelling of the Spirit in my case.

As I get older and deteriorate I find that the medication I take impacts how I think and feel, which then has an impact on my relationship with God. It effectively draws me away from him which just results in feeling less and less connected to him. I can't control that, so it's intended.  If things continue on this track, to the end, at that point I'll be further away from him than I ever have been at any point in my life. It's intended, but I certainly don't understand it.  We're supposed to be moving closer to Him, I think, although his plan - our path- is unique, so it's hard to make comparisons.

Jeff,

I think there are multiple ways we can have "rest for our souls"...coming to this site was a way the Lord gave me rest:

"....all you who labor (trying to win souls for Jesus) and are heavy laden (with the burden of people going to hell,) and I will give you rest (the knowledge that God will have all be saved)"

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 05:11:40 PM »

Hi Jeff,

For me, finding rest has been the understanding that He is in complete and total control of the destiny of the entire human race, which includes me! When things get crazy, and I feel overwhelmed, or like I'm drowning in debt (which I am), I think about those things--His Sovereignty. I think about Job and how he did not sin when he said, "shall we recieve good at the hand of God, and shall we not also receive evil?" It gives me peace to know that I'm exactly where He has intended and purposed that I be so that one day I can be like Him. I guess we have to walk through the valley of the shadow of death before we can stand on the mountain of God, to steal some lyrics from a song. Its a tough life, ray said, 'being saved is the hardest thing any human will ever do,' and its certainly looking that way! But God will see us through, of this I have no doubt! Its just how long the process will take and how many hardships we must endure that I am uncertain of. In that regard, what comes to mind is, 'it is through much tribulation that we enter into the Kingdom of God.' Is it not tribulation, to know what we must do, to desire to do it one minute, and then to turn around and do the evil we hate the next? Is this not a great hardship and pain? I know it is for me in my life. I despise my own behavior too often. Its frustrating. God will deliver us though. He is good and He is love. To all things there is a season and right now we exist in the season of experiencing evil for the benefit of our becoming as He is.

As Jesus said, "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the ends of the world" so "Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world."

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 06:17:43 PM »

Hi Jeff, life is a struggle and more so for some it seems than others. I am bringing some excerpts from a Bible study on 'Keeping Sabbath' maybe it will be of some help to you.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6310.msg50888.html#msg50888 -----

GOD IS YET CEASING FROM THE WORKS HE COMPLETED

Gen 2:2  And F I N I S H I N G is the Elohim, on the sixth day, His works which He does. And ceasing is He on the seventh day from ALL HIS W O R K which He does.” (Concordant Version)

The works ARE finished and God IS ceasing from all those works of physical creation of the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that in them is. Now all this ties in with keeping the seventh day, a day of rest. If God is still ceasing from all the works that were finished, He does that on the seventh day. This still must be the seventh day of God’s ceasing!   

We don’t read of anything where God began creating some other part of the physical universe on the eighth day or the ninth day or any such thing, nowhere. We are now into God’s SPIRITUAL creation… making man in God’s very own spiritual image.

The idea behind the seventh day is it represents rest. Israel was told to rest every seventh day of a weekly cycle. But it represents something. It was a law, they had to rest, it’s the fourth commandment, it’s a law.

Heb 10:1  For the law (part of the... remember the Sabbath and keep it holy) having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things…

The shadow is not the image itself. So in some ways it’s almost worthless, except it points you to something. 

Like I’ve (kiddingly) said years ago. What would you sooner have, the shadow cast by a $380,000 Ferrari or the Ferrari? Now if you see the shadow of it and if you know exactly what kind of a shadow it cast, you would say, that shadow looks like and is pointing me to… a Ferrari! But you don’t want the shadow, you can’t drive the shadow, the shadow has no value. But the Ferrari, that’s most valuable, very valuable. Or you could say the shadow of a million dollar mansion or anything else. 

So these laws are all a shadow of something better.

Heb 4:10  For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

There it is. When you enter into God’s rest… now we are talking about the real rest, then you cease from your works, just as God ceased from His. How long has God been ceasing from His works of the physical creation? For thousands of years! Does He cease everyday? YES. There is not a day that goes by that He starts creating another universe or another earth or another human race someplace. 

So in the same way we are entering that rest. We enter into that rest! Which rest? The one that God is ceasing from. I does’t mean that God rests because He is tired, okay. We rest because we are tired. It’s just that when it says ‘rest’ it means to cease. It can mean to rest, but it means to cease or to stop. 

So he that has entered into His ceasing, he also has ceased from his own works. Ceased or you can say rested, but it means to stop - cease from his own works. “AS God did from His.” Now do we do that and what does it mean? 

God is yet ceasing from His physical creation and making physical things. We too are commanded to cease from working our work, and we start by resting every week on the seventh day of 24-hour periods… first the physical then the spiritual. But that is NOT “entering into God’s rest” by keeping the letter.

Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual…
v
Exo 31:15  Six days may work be done, but on the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whosoever does any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

That’s not just a warning declaration, but a parable. If you don’t keep the Sabbath today, you shall surely be PUT TO DEATH.

Much of the plan of God revolves around JUDGMENT. Judgment now upon the chosen few Elect and judgment later upon the rest of humanity. If you are still in the physical - the letter - the rituals - the shadows, then you’re not being judged in the spiritual LIGHT.

The weekly cycle of seven days was a microcosm of the physical and spiritual creation of God. It’s seven days, not just six. The six days were the actual physical creation, the seventh day was the stopping and ceasing from the physical. 

But we have an inkling as to what the seventh day is all about. If it’s not about the physical creation, what is it about? 

Gen 1:27  So God created (creating) man in His own image; in the image of God He created (creates) him; male and female He created (creates) them.

Again it’s the indefinite “creates” and “creating” it’s still going on. But the physical creation is not going on, this is spiritual, God is creating humanity into His own spiritual image. That’s what it is all about, but this is spiritual. This can be done on the seventh day, because it is spiritual. It’s not doing your own work when we enter in, like it says in Hebrews 4.

Heb 4:10  For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

So when we enter in His rest we cease our own work, just like God ceased His. It doesn’t mean nothing else is going on. Oh there is plenty going on, but now it’s spiritual, at least it should be, that’s what we are hoping. 
v
So this whole thing of coming out of our life - coming out of carnality - coming out of religiosity is like coming out of darkness into the light and that light will give you peace or rest. You have to rest or cease your works and that is what this verse says, which concludes in Heb. 4:10. Now let’s look at verse 3.

Heb 4:3  For we who have believed do enter into rest…

There it is. So right now we do enter into rest. How do we enter into rest? By stopping doing our own works, by coming out of the shadow. Keeping the seventh day is a shadow and you’ve got to come out of that and come into the light of that… the real thing is Christ. 

Christ of course did good on the Sabbath day although He was criticized for it. He didn’t break the Sabbath day as some have taught in the past. He did not break the Sabbath day, but He certainly started expanding it into the spiritual realm of doing good. He did good, He didn’t go out and plow with a yoke of oxen. Of course He didn’t. 
When you enter into rest though, you don’t enter into rest by keeping the Sabbath every week. You enter into rest by doing what it says in verse 10.

You cease from doing your work, your religiosity, just like God stopped making the physical universe. We are now entering into the light, into the spiritual realm. That is for those who do not have hardened hearts and God gives us these abilities to do this. 

Col 2:10  and ye are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:19:31 PM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 01:02:33 PM »

Hello Extol, Kat and Alex,

I would like to say thank you for elaborating of what it means to rest in Christ . Much appreciated .

God bless.

lauriellen

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 10:12:19 AM »

♡ love this thread and so very needed encouragement.  I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the subject of entering God's rest, submitting to the sovereignty of God as it applies to physical sin. I truly don't struggle a fraction of how I did just a few years ago. . .BUT I now have a MUCH greater struggle in my mind! Not with lust, envy or hate towards my neighbor, but I think I wrestle with God. Just like Ray used to say, I don't think I like how God is doing things very much. I have to repent every day for my bad attitude. Which brings me to a question (please forgive my lack of scripture reference as I am out of town, on my phone and don't have access to esword). The scriptures say the greatest command is to love God.  In all honesty, this feels like the command i fail the most in. The scripture say eonian life is to know God,  yet I look at all the depths of evil and suffering and I just can't understand Him (how can I love what I don't know or understand?). I have come to hate the evil and suffering i see around me with such a passion,  I wonder if this is a small taste of the "wrath" that God feels towards ungodliness and evil? I have come to treasure and LOVE with such a passion what brings peace and goodness and truth, I am now wondering if this IS the fulfilling of the command to love God, as God IS love,  goodness and truth?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.