bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christendom half right about hell.  (Read 11225 times)

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Christendom half right about hell.
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »

Lauriellen:

One of the things that helps me is to tune out a lot of the mainstream media, especially the 24 hour news channels, and listen to uplifting and positive music in the background, and sometimes the Lord causes me to think about uplifting verses of Scripture while listening, and I enjoy His presence. It might take some time to get into the habit of doing it, though   :)

Dean

rick

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »

Hi dean,

Your so right in your advice about staying away from the mainstream media , their corruption  is apparent with most  Americans today. They are a very depressing organization. You know, Satan runs all local newspaper too.

God bless.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »

I did over 6 years without TV (though I watched a fair number of movies).  It was still going on when I stumbled onto BT.  I see it now as preparation and "peace" that I needed at the time my life was changing.

But so I'm not writing you a law:

I wonder if this is a small taste of the "wrath" that God feels towards ungodliness and evil? I have come to treasure and LOVE with such a passion what brings peace and goodness and truth, I am now wondering if this IS the fulfilling of the command to love God, as God IS love,  goodness and truth?

Prolly.   ;D  I'll say for sure, if this isn't PART of it, then I have NO IDEA what is. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »

Hi Lauri and all,

I try and stay far away from the news. I have noticed in the times I watch it, I either get angry, become puffed up with pride, or depressed. None of these emotions do me any good and I think they simply feed the beast inside.

Its very hard to avoid the media though as even on facebook, friends will share the daily news, their political views, the hottest gossip, etc... So I don't know if we can completely escape it unless we shut ourselves up in a closet away from the world but *I* certainly try to avoid it.

You make an interesting observation Lauri which Dave echoed. There could certainly be quiet a bit of truth to it. I've never thought of it so thank you for sharing that perspective.

The more I love the more I desperately yearn for His return. I don't care if I'm not ready, if I havn't overcome, if I dare not stand in His precense.. all I know is this world needs its God very desperately. We need our King. Yes, He is working in us, but how I yearn for the destruction of death, the judgments to make the inhabitants learn righteousness, and for every tear to be wiped away from off all faces.

I live each day to the hope that this day will be the day my God returns. There is no other reason because each day is evil and another opportunity for me to betray the God I love. Let it be this way no more! But He is wise beyond measure so I wait.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lauriellen

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 10:00:55 PM »

Thank you all and yes Alex,  I feel exactly as you do. I am typically very private, however
I'm going to give a very personal example. My husband and I brought our son Nathan to Minnesota to the Mayo clinic as a last desperate attempt  to save his life. After the first week,  my husband had to return home to work, leaving my son and I alone. I watch him struggle to live. I am watching this young man literally wasting away in front of me. I see him in terrible pain every day. I listen to him violently vomiting everything he tries to eat. I sit in a chair by the window and I read about Jesus. He had so much compassion. He couldn't resist helping those who asked. I wonder. . .and I wonder. . .does He hear my cries for mercy for my son? Is he not moved by my desperate tears? I I think about the millions and millions who suffer and cry out to God every day for mercy. For relief. And I wonder HOW LONG God will you turn away from the suffering of humanity? And I get angry. God forgive me, but I get so angry. My prayer is that I never again contribute one single ounce of evil or hurt to this earth ever again. That whenever possible, I will do my best to ease someone else's pain and suffering.
So, yes, addressing the original post, this life certainly does feel like living in the Christian hell.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:06:21 PM by lauriellen »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2016, 10:38:25 PM »

Thank you all and yes Alex,  I feel exactly as you do. I am typically very private, however
I'm going to give a very personal example. My husband and I brought our son Nathan to Minnesota to the Mayo clinic as a last desperate attempt  to save his life. After the first week,  my husband had to return home to work, leaving my son and I alone. I watch him struggle to live. I am watching this young man literally wasting away in front of me. I see him in terrible pain every day. I listen to him violently vomiting everything he tries to eat. I sit in a chair by the window and I read about Jesus. He had so much compassion. He couldn't resist helping those who asked. I wonder. . .and I wonder. . .does He hear my cries for mercy for my son? Is he not moved by my desperate tears? I I think about the millions and millions who suffer and cry out to God every day for mercy. For relief. And I wonder HOW LONG God will you turn away from the suffering of humanity? And I get angry. God forgive me, but I get so angry. My prayer is that I never again contribute one single ounce of evil or hurt to this earth ever again. That whenever possible, I will do my best to ease someone else's pain and suffering.
So, yes, addressing the original post, this life certainly does feel like living in the Christian hell.

I wonder Lauri,

As a mother caught in an evil time, do you think of the mother of our Lord?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSRQvg7OHnI

How much she must have suffered watching her Son and thinking too, perhaps not understanding why, how long God of Abraham will you turn away from our suffering?

I'm sorry for your suffering Lauri. I hate that I am part of this worlds problem, too weak and stupid to do what is right even if I know what I must do.... there is no power in me to do it.

Come Lord Jesus, well all need you :(
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lauriellen

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 11:35:24 PM »

Wow! They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Very powerful. I can't watch without crying. Thanks Alex.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 01:02:09 AM »

James 1:17 teaches us all good comes from God without variation.

Jesus taught that Satan is the Father of lies and was a murderer from the beginning.

The first two chapters of Job show Satan is the principal source of evil.  Satan killed Job's ten children by a tornado or strong wind that collapsed the house they were in.  Satan took away Job's wealth.  Satan gave Job a loathsome illness that brought him to the edge of death.

God placed bounds on the evil Satan could do or it would have been much worse for Job.

Satan is the god of this world.  Satan tempted Jesus by offering all the wealth and power in this world.  It wouldn't have been a true temptation unless Satan could have delivered what he said.

When tornados occur and kill babies and other people, it is Satan who does the killing.  Satan deceives and calls it an Act of God, but Satan lies.  It is an act of Satan.

The wars and killings, famines, sickness and disease, religious deceptions and lies---the four horseman of Revelation----that occur in this world and age, come from Satan, the god of this world.

God will bring everyone of us healing and salvation.  All of us will have all blessings and all good.  God will bring us good at our appointed time.  The zeal of the LORD God Almighty will bring our salvation about and wipe away all tears and give us peace.

lauriellen

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 01:35:27 PM »

Yes, John, I do know that all evil is through Satan, but did not Ray teach us that satan was only the "hammer" in God's hand? That ALL is FROM God and thru ______? I don't believe satan can do anything that God did not already intend for him to do. So, to me, satan is like us, a slave to his carnal nature that is beyond his/our ability to control. Only God has the power to change that and stop evil. I hear many christians Fervently Pray For God to "bind" satan. I don't see satan as the problem. That may sound shocking, but that's how I feel. Satan is doing exactly what God created him to do. My eyes are only fixed on God, to author and creator of ALL, the only power able to stop evil and heal and restore. I believe He will, but I don't see it happening now. I will keep waiting and watching with hope.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »

Yes, John, I do know that all evil is through Satan, but did not Ray teach us that satan was only the "hammer" in God's hand? That ALL is FROM God and thru ______? I don't believe satan can do anything that God did not already intend for him to do. So, to me, satan is like us, a slave to his carnal nature that is beyond his/our ability to control. Only God has the power to change that and stop evil. I hear many christians Fervently Pray For God to "bind" satan. I don't see satan as the problem. That may sound shocking, but that's how I feel. Satan is doing exactly what God created him to do. My eyes are only fixed on God, to author and creator of ALL, the only power able to stop evil and heal and restore. I believe He will, but I don't see it happening now. I will keep waiting and watching with hope.

That is my understanding too Lauri. Satan is God's created adversary to do the dirty work necessary to fashion humanity into God's spiritual image.

Kat

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 02:07:29 PM »

My eyes are only fixed on God, to author and creator of ALL, the only power able to stop evil and heal and restore. I believe He will, but I don't see it happening now. I will keep waiting and watching with hope.

What a beautiful statement of your faith... I just hope He gives you the strength to cling to that no matter what. I have read all the devastating circumstances you have been going through with your son, that would tear at the heart of any mother. I pray for His strength and mercy for your family as you go through such a terrible ordeal.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:43:44 PM by Kat »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 02:14:21 PM »

Wow! They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Very powerful. I can't watch without crying. Thanks Alex.

We love you Lauri.

octoberose

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 02:41:53 PM »

Laurie, your post isn't about fixing a problem, it's about our hearts call to our Sovereign Lord.
    So, I am praying for  your Nathan and his health and for his family as I have prayed many times in the past couple of months.  I'm also praying that if God wills that His way to healing- whatever that is- will present itself to you and health can be restored. May God have all the glory.

lauriellen

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 03:10:19 PM »

♡ thank you all for your words of encouragement. They are very much appreciated.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 11:36:28 PM »

My eyes are only fixed on God, to author and creator of ALL, the only power able to stop evil and heal and restore.

Hi Lauriellen,

I am also encouraged by your expression of faith and thank you for sharing with us.  I pray that you will stay strong and faithful no matter what happens, because we believe in a living God who is working all things according to His will. :)

René

Flanagan

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 01:22:20 AM »

When I read half right about hell I instantly thought you meant the part about everlasting life being the right half of their teaching on Hell.

Jeff

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 01:54:50 AM »

James 1:17 teaches us all good comes from God without variation.

Jesus taught that Satan is the Father of lies and was a murderer from the beginning.

The first two chapters of Job show Satan is the principal source of evil.  Satan killed Job's ten children by a tornado or strong wind that collapsed the house they were in.  Satan took away Job's wealth.  Satan gave Job a loathsome illness that brought him to the edge of death.

God placed bounds on the evil Satan could do or it would have been much worse for Job.

Satan is the god of this world.  Satan tempted Jesus by offering all the wealth and power in this world.  It wouldn't have been a true temptation unless Satan could have delivered what he said.

When tornados occur and kill babies and other people, it is Satan who does the killing.  Satan deceives and calls it an Act of God, but Satan lies.  It is an act of Satan.

The wars and killings, famines, sickness and disease, religious deceptions and lies---the four horseman of Revelation----that occur in this world and age, come from Satan, the god of this world.

God will bring everyone of us healing and salvation.  All of us will have all blessings and all good.  God will bring us good at our appointed time.  The zeal of the LORD God Almighty will bring our salvation about and wipe away all tears and give us peace.

Nonetheless, the days until we find peace are interminable.  A day seems as a thousand years, which, as it turns out, is a really long time.  By lunchtime tomorrow, I'll be 182 years old.  I don't know where the time goes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.