bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 11445 times)

hbiytm

Hello to all
« on: August 18, 2006, 12:34:10 PM »

Greetings to all. 8)
I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself to the group.
I’ll start with how I got here. I was searching for an answer on tithing and selected to read Ray’s article on tithing which was an eye opener  :o for me, this then led to other articles and I couldn’t seem to stop. However, after reading many, many, many of the articles and e-mails I drifted to other web sites. I became confused  ??? and didn’t know what to do. (I left the last church I attended last fall.) Well, I’m back and looking forward to learning more about the word of God. 8)
I have been in church (almost) all my life. A few times I went for years without going anywhere. I have always had a problem with leaving my intelligence at the door,  ::) things didn’t always seem quite right. As soon as I was grown and left home, I also left the church I was raised in. Two of my brothers are pastors in that religion to this day. I spent some time in the Navy and talked to a lot of guys about their religion, trying to find truth, the more I found out the more I was confused, how could the bible say so many different things? Anyway I have been through many religions, Nazarene, Baptist, Pentecostal, “Full Gospel”, word/faith, Calvary Chapels, some of them more than once, and several periods of studying other religions on the Internet. So, you can probably see why I am a confused individual. ???
I have purchased many bibles and reference books over the years, but have not found the answers to my many questions until I came across BT. It finally is beginning to make a little sense. I still have questions but I am certain the Holy Spirit will lead and guide me into all the truth.

In search of TRUTH,

Jewel

P.S. In spite of the name I am a male. ;D

hbiytm

Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 02:39:30 PM »

Welcome hbiytm (now that is a name that just rolls off the tongue  ;)),

I have been reading and rereading the material on Bible Truths for over a year and I am constantly picking up new things, even when it is my 3rd or 4th time on the same article. All I can say is to patiently digest these papers with your mind and bible open, there is much treasure to be mined and keys to discovering many more on your own.

This is an incredible journey the Lord has us on.

I am happy to have you here,

Joe   

Thanks Joe,
hbiytm= "Hey Baby I'm Your Telephone Man" It's what I do for a job, However, I will shortly be among the "retired" so I guess I'll have to change it, any suggestions? :) Just another leg on this journey called life.

Thanks for the welcome and I'm sure all here will be helping me along on God's journey for me. We are where we are because of his plan for our lives. Right? I would like to believe that God has me here for a purpose.

MG

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 02:53:05 PM »

Welcome Jewel.

Glad you're here!

chuckusa

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »

Hi Jewel,

Yes, you have been on a long journey. Now you can rest  and renew. Everyone here has questions, and we all have problems, but I know that we share a desire in our hearts to know the truth.

Welcome and God bless,
Chuck

mongoose

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 04:51:03 PM »

Welcome Jewel.  Glad you are here.  Looking forward to more posts from you.

mongoose

lauraathome2005

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 05:49:48 PM »

Welcome Jewel!  It's sure nice to have you here.  Have you considered,( if you feel you should change your screen name) using Jewel?  That's a beautiful name. Blessings in your journey and may God, through His Holy Spirit guide you in your studies. laura

hbiytm

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 06:02:45 PM »

Welcome Jewel!  It's sure nice to have you here.  Have you considered,( if you feel you should change your screen name) using Jewel?  That's a beautiful name. Blessings in your journey and may God, through His Holy Spirit guide you in your studies. laura

Actually I have thought about that. My wife says I am a "jewel" anyway, my family and friends call me that, but other people seem to have a problem with a man being named Jewel.

Thanks for the welcome.

Jewel

orion77

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 08:08:52 PM »

Hello Jewel, and welcome to the forum.

I see God has put into your heart to desire truth, through your searching.  Plenty of truth here on BTs site.  Look forward to your future posts.

God bless,

Gary

Bill

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 10:31:09 PM »

Jewel.

Welcome to the forum. 

God Bless

Bill

psalmsinger

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 09:39:54 AM »

Hello Jewel

I am new to posting also as I haven't even introduced myself. I'm a better lurker. I named my most favorite dog, Jewel, and she lived for us to love 17 years, so that name is very special to me as well.  I hope you don't mind my voicing the memory.  I like how Chuck said you could "rest and renew" here. I am also reading the material for the 2nd time and I find that I still have those joyful moments of renewing God's beautiful truth's.  I have been doing that nearly all this year. Very appropriate:)

Barbara

Topaz

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 12:56:47 PM »

Welcome to you also Barbara:
I see you peeking out from behind those trees...come on out now....step way out and you will be able to view the whole forest from which you came.
...Peace be to you...
Topaz

ned

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 01:42:29 PM »

I believe God has lead you here for a good purpose.
After being "brain-washed" from so many different churches you've been a part of, I pray that God would open your mind to the truth only. Welcome to the forum Jewel. 
Love,
Marie

hbiytm

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 11:57:27 AM »

I believe God has lead you here for a good purpose.
After being "brain-washed" from so many different churches you've been a part of, I pray that God would open your mind to the truth only. Welcome to the forum Jewel. 
Love,
Marie

Thanks Marie,

Sometimes I think it would be good if I could get my "brain washed"  ;) and get rid of the old junk and just keep the good stuff. However, I'm sure God uses our expeiences to help us grow. I have truly been involved in a lot of churches and studied others in my life.

I would like to say that although I have only been on the forum a few days, I feel a pert of it already. Thanks to all for the welcomes.

Jewel

Beloved

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 04:09:19 PM »

Rejoice and welcome Psalmsinger (Barbara)and again I  say rejoice and hello to Jewel.

I rejoice with everyone out there who are just reading as well as with those who are posting and sharing of themselves. 

(Psa 34:8 KJVR) 
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Beloved                       

Kat

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 11:37:53 PM »

Hi Jewel,

Good to have you on board  :)
I'm fairly new here too.
I have found this forum to be very helpful.
So stick around, make comments, ask questions.
You may find this to be exactly what you need,
to help you in your spiritual walk.

Kat

Hoyt

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 06:53:21 PM »

Hi Jewel,
Welcome. Soon to retire, hu? Retirement is great. I’ve been retired almost a year, and having no weekly paychecks sucks. Good luck.
I saw where you said you had bought many bibles and I’m thinking you may be confused because a lot of them may seem to contradict, even one version may seem to be contradictory with itself in places. Go to http://www.scripture4all.org/ and download the version that is closest to the original anyone can obtain. It’s the one that all bibles are translated from. Ray uses it and refers to it from time to time.
Again, welcome.
Hoyt

Phil3:10

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 12:40:09 AM »

Hello Jewel,
Glad to have you on the forum and look forward to your posts. Stay here for real fellowship and in Ray's teachings for GOD'S truths. GOD did lead you to Bible-Truths and this forum. May HE bless you and you grow in the nurture and admonition of our Great GOD.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Hoyt

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 11:49:19 PM »

Mark, Hi.
Ok, so I’m two or three days late. ;D And Jewel, wherever you are, go with God.
Peace be to you, Mark.
Hoyt

bluzman

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 12:19:11 AM »

Hello Hoyt,
 I went to the link you provided and downloaded it.
Thanks a lot,
Peace BLuzman

Hoyt

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »

Hi, BLuzman.
Mostly I lurk reading and learning and seldom post and was pleased that the one time I did post you found it useful.

The Interlinear Scripture Analyzer is one of my most useful tools and find it amazing that in some instances translations do not resemble the original and were twisted into words that are totally misleading.

There is a website that lists each and every occurrence that various translations add to and take away from the scriptures, but I don’t have a link to that website. Maybe someone reading this will post that link.

Brother Bluzman, may it please God that you live long and succeed in whatever your hand finds to do.
Hoyt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.