bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 40:31  (Read 3591 times)

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Isaiah 40:31
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:37:16 PM »

Good morning everyone!!!

Isahai 40:31 "But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Could this be referring to when Jesus returns and the chosen are caught up with the Lord?

Stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

jingle52

Re: Isaiah 40:31
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:52:38 PM »

Hi Stello,
in my humble opinion, I thought of the life and ministry of Paul of how he was changed so radically from being a persecutor of his brethren who believed in the Messiah, once he had been given the Holy Spirit of Christ. That made him soar like an eagle in his spirit talking boldly about his new found belief in Christ. He continued until the end enduring all kinds of trials and tribulations to spread the gospel and he did not faint (give up) believing and trusting and having all confidence in God almighty and Jesus our Christ. This is applicable to all the other apostles and saints who ran the race. Anyway, I may be wrong.

Jingle

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 12:56:13 PM »

Hi Stello, I agree with what Jingle was saying. I'm thinking this is speaking about the new life in Christ for believers here and now.

Isa 40:31  But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Here are a couple Scripture that go along with "the LORD Shall renew their strength."

Eph 3:16  that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,

Eph 6:10  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.

Also the continuation of the verse it's like a metaphor showing in symbolic terms how they will be strengthened. The phrase "they shall mount up with wings like eagles," we see the eagle used many times in Scripture with the symbolize of it being the most powerful and strongest of the birds.

"They shall run and not be weary," as Jingle was saying this is very similar to what Paul said.

1Cor 9:24  Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.

Php 2:16  holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

Heb 12:1  Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
v. 2  looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

stello

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 01:48:32 PM »

Thanks for the responses Jingles and Kat.

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

CEO

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »

Hi Stello

Very much so.  We are physical.  The symbol of  flying on wings like eagles is  doing supernatural things, things which those who have been changed from physical to spiritual do with regularity.  Those who meet him in the sky in the first resurrection will be spiritual.

Askseeknock

Charles O

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 07:13:56 PM »

I agree with Charles, but I wouldn't call it an "argument" with Kat or Jingle.  These things are not mutually exclusive.  The daily "dying" and "resurrection", going from faith to faith we may experience while yet living are themselves just foretastes of greater things to come.

Paul ended his passage in Romans 7 not with gloom and frustration, but with great hope.

Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am ! who shall deliver me out of this body of death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God, through Jesus Christ our Lord...

There is no "new strength" on the horizon greater than resurrection of the dead.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.