bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dog Whisperer  (Read 8504 times)

hillsbororiver

Dog Whisperer
« on: August 12, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »

Has anyone caught this incredible show? I am amazed how Cesar can take a dog with serious issues and train the dog (and owner) to become under control and/or more sociable. I catch it every weekend and sometimes the results are almost miraculous not to mention heartwarming, you see a more relaxed less agitated pet, and an owner who is happier and now in control of a situation that formerly controlled them.

Here it is;

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/episodes.html

Joe

Harryfeat

Re: Dog Whisperer
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 04:29:03 PM »

Hi Joe.

I saw one episode and was impressed.  My first reaction was....I want to see the out takes! ;)

feat

SandyFla

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:53:07 PM »

Hi Joe,

I can relate! When I got my first kitty, she had a terrible flea problem. My mom and I trying to bathe her were sure a sight! LOL! When we were finished, she was MAD at us. No matter where we stood in the room, she turned her back toward us.  :D

And, yes, that guy on Dog Whisperer is incredible! Animals can "read" your emotions like a book. My cat (same one as above) hates to be picked up, but she loves to be petted. The instant I get the thought in my head about picking her up, she takes off! Never fails. I'm convinced she can read my mind.

Sandy

Andy_MI

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 07:34:41 PM »

Hi Joe,

I agree that the Dog Whisperer is a great show. I've been an animal lover as long as I can remember. I have 4 cats presently, their names: Max, Kookie, Scampy, and Kitty Kat. They all have very different personalities for sure. I've been pondering the fate of all my past beloved pets I've had through the years and I have to say I truly miss a few of them. I asked God if I'll ever see them again and this scripture came to mind.

Eph 1:10  That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

I might be wrong but I can see where our beloved pets would fall under the "all things which are on earth."

Just a thought

Andy

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »

I haven't caught that show yet, will look for it now.
I think I have all of you beat, with the no. of pets  ;).
We have a black lab, Tip-she had 9 puppies a couple of mons. ago, we have given away 5 so far.
a yellow lab, Star
a basset hound, Lucy
a boston terrier, Tinker
a pomeranian, Little Bit
3 cats, Cricket, Gabbie, Gwen
I have 3 teenage girls that love aniamls, so we would have more if I did not put my foot down.

Harryfeat

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 02:54:06 PM »

Hi Andy,

We have 9 cats, 6 dogs an 100+ goats. Most of the dogs and cats were dumped by someone else and we rescued them. It is the old saying that "one person's trash is another's treasure". We love them all and consider that we are privilaged to have them. I also wonder and worry about their fate and desperatly wish to see them again. As far as the goats go my initial hope was to mostly sell to other folks who wanted to run goats on their property. However with the terrible drought that we in Texas are in, there is an excess of livestock. I need to take a lot of them to market. There are many of the goats that I am quite fond of and it would be much easier on me if I thought thay also have a chance for the future.
Kittyhawk

Hello Kittyhawk,

There seems to be a lot of interest in goat cheese.  Perhaps with 100 goats there is an alternative of sending their milk to market.

Kat, With all your current pets it would seem difficult to put you foot down without stepping on something furry.

We only have two rescued border colliies. We named them Abby and Zoe as their personaliities are quite opposite one another.  We have been amazed at their intelligence level.   They are a source of enjoyment to us and as Joe says, they listen well, sometimes with their eyes closed after a while. 

feat

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 03:08:22 AM »

My Grandfather was a "horse wisperer", but I don't believe they called them that back in the 40's - 50's. He had a large cattle ranch in West Texas and was well know for his horsemanship.
We always had all kinds of animals around.

My next door neighbor has a boarding stable and it amazes me what he can do with the horses.   

SandyFla

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 04:02:13 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Yes, our pets are very perceptive about our moods and you are right sometimes even anticipating our actions.

Most of my life I owned dogs, usually large dogs, they were all great companions but with distinctly different personalities it's funny though that every single one of them loved pasta, especially the sauce. Now through a series of circumstances we have 2 cats no dogs and these 2 are as different as night and day even though they are mother and daughter, kind of like my wife and our daughter. Anyway, the mother cat who started out life as a ferrel kitten (until she adopted us) has really become my cat, she always comes when I call her and usually has me in her sights, we recently discovered that she too has a taste for pasta. Her daughter won't have any part of it but "Dottie" laps it up, it is funny seeing her suck strands of spaghetti through her teeth.

These creatures are wonderful to have around, they are great listeners, don't interrupt and rarely voice any disagreements (or ask for a raise in allowance).

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Pasta, huh?  :D  I've had a dog and now have 2 cats, and they've never eaten pasta, but my one cat likes popcorn. Animals are wonderful! :)

Sandy

SandyFla

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »

I know this is silly to someone who does not love animals but God did make many of us who do care about animals. When they die it tears me up. There are some books written about animal salvation but I do not know if they are trustworthy or just wishful thinking. I wish Ray had time to look into this but I know his time is limited.

Kittyhawk

I agree with you 100%, Kittyhawk. Animals are a part of God's creation. Some animals that have been horribly abused yet they're still loving creatures--which is more than you can say about some people.

"But Jacob said to him, 'My lord knows that the children are tender and that I must care for the ewes and cows that are nursing their young. If they are driven hard just one day, all the animals will die' " (Genesis 33:13).

"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel" (Proverbs 12:10).

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God" (Luke 12:6).

Personally, I can't imagine a heavenly existence with our beloved furry friends.

Sandy

Harryfeat

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »

Sorry for being so long-winded. I often forget that most other folks aren't that interested in goats.

Kittyhawk

Hello Kittyhawk,

Don't let those uninterested folks "get your goat".  ::)

I am not familiar with the benefit of boar goats.  Is their primary commercial value in meat production?

I am sorry that the drought is causing such havoc with your goat herd.  It sounds like you are a very compassionate  about your animals

I hope things work out for the best.

feat

I also share your thoughts Sandy.

SandyFla

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 03:42:32 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Yes, they are.

I was about 15 when I dug into the leftovers from supper late one night and my faithful old buddy "Mac" (German Shepard) was sitting right there with his "what about me?" look in his eyes, I plopped a meatball or two with some spaghetti in his bowl and got a huge kick out of watching him first devouring the meatballs and then go to work on the spaghetti, he licked every drop of sauce out of his bowl and looked at me like I was his hero, when I told my family about it they thought it was kind of weird and acted like I might have been stretching the truth a tad (not that I had ever been accused of THAT before) anyway, the next time we had a pasta dish (pretty soon as we were an Italian family) I proved it to them, this dog loves spaghetti!

As it turned out my Doberman, Pit Bulls, and even my wife's Toy Poodle (inherited from my mother in law) loved it, lasagne too.

It shouldn't have been a surprise when our cat "Dottie" lapped up her first taste of pasta, now she expects not just some morsels of leftovers but to be served a plate right away, her daughter "Angel" (the most inappropriate name ever) has no interest, breaking the streak of Italian Cuisine gourmet pets.

These pets of ours (and yours) and animals in general are such a blessing, with their ability to comfort us and provide such devoted companionship it is truly a blessing from our Lord, I tend to think (although this is pure speculation I can't at this point provide scriptural witnesses) that everything that ever had the spirit of life breathed into them will have that spirit return at some point in the new heaven and earth.

Joe

Hi Joe,

My cat Bethany also enjoys burgers, fries and strawberry milkshake.  :D  I give her a taste on the rare occasions that I eat them. She especially loves fries.

When my other cat, Twinkles, was a baby, she stole a piece of pepperoni out of my hand. I was watching TV. She took a flying leap, grabbed it in midair and kept going. By the time I caught her, the pepperoni was long gone. The next day, she was in the litter box, crying her heart out. It was pitiful!

They are such a comfort. When I'm sad, Bethany snuggles against my neck, and Twinkles touches me with her paw and stares intently into my eyes. It's almost like she's looking into my soul. I've always said, if angels ever take the form of cats, Twinkles is certainly one of them.

Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.