bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revelation .  (Read 5296 times)

rick

Revelation .
« on: June 28, 2016, 09:49:01 PM »

In the book of Revelation starting with the 9th chapter the trumpet sound and the woes begins, what is ur take on these woes that are coming to the earth ? Do some of these woes happen before Christ actually returns and then the rest of them happen after His return or are all woes  before Christ returns in power and glory ?

I really do believe we are the last day generation in this age but if you say Rick have you a chapter and verse on that then of course I'll say no but it's just a gut feeling .

You must admit we are living in very strange times where people are doing very strange things and  Technology is booming, just in my trade alone if you were to tell me that I would one day be working on computerized force hot water boilers and that we would have wifi thermostats that you could change the temperature using an iPhone from a different state I would of thought you crazy but we have arrived.

I wonder is some of the woes have already been unleashed and maybe that would explain these strange times and happenings we see and hear about all the time?

God bless.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:52:37 PM by Rick »

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Revelation .
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 10:11:54 PM »

It seems the wrath of God is coming upon America soon, Rick  :(

John from Kentucky

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:57:35 PM »

Revelation is symbolic, not literal.

Revelation is Spiritual, very Spiritual.

Only Jesus can reveal the meaning through His Spirit.

All of the symbols are explained by other Scriptures.  In the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established.

Over the centuries, all generations thought they lived in the times of the end.  And they thought they understood the Book of Revelation.  And sure enough, the end came to them all. 

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 11:12:43 PM »

Revelation,

I've wanted to know these things for many years but,
Have we ever thought that God loves us too much to actually reveal His timing and schedule of operation secrets to us.
God knows it would go to our head and make us PROUD of our knowledge.
We have enough difficulty with our pride without God adding to our stress level.  ::)
All things will be revealed at the proper time as we learn patience...
Just my opinion, Indiana bob

rick

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 11:45:54 PM »

Hi John,

I know the book of revelation is a book of signs and symbols , the book of revelation is very true but literally true.

There are other scriptures in the book of Daniel that speak of increased knowledge and travel  the gospels tell of the rise of lawless man .

We know the world is not on fire or coming undone and that God is in control of all things because of our understanding we have here but no one in the eighteenth century could take a flight across the ocean or take a picture with an iPhone and send that picture to Europe in a matter of seconds.

Knowledge is at our finger tips , I don't have scripture to point to but I think could any other time in the history of the human race come to the point we have. I don't know but one thing I do know, your right when you said it came to and end for them and likewise so shall it come for us too.

But if some of those woes are happening now we should be happy as His return is 
Happening in our lifetime which is what I pray for.

God bless.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 01:37:14 AM »

Hi Rick, looking at Revelation 9 it seems to be talking about the church down through the centuries. Verse 18 has an indication of that... "By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed," interesting that 1/3 of the worlds population is Christian, has been for over a century, couldn't find any statistics before that. But it is not speaking of being "killed" literally, but they're 'dead' in trespasses and sin, spoken of many times in Scripture. The church is the Christian's guide and leads them to destruction. As Jesus said "broad is the way that leads to destruction" and "let the dead bury their own dead." If you think about the symbolism in that chapter, it really fits the church to me. Also look at verse 11.

Rev 9:11  And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon (G3 - a destroying angel), but in Greek he has the name Apollyon (G623 - a destroyer (that is, Satan):).

Also in chapter 11 the two witnesses, the two olive tree are the elect, not just two of them, but all of them down through the centuries.

Rom 11:17  And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree,

Anyway just some thoughts.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rick

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 01:25:15 PM »

It amazing what we some times think is right couldn't be futher from the truth, there seems to be much new truths in my understanding in conflict with false doctrine and preconceived ideas before B.t.

I know Christ once said to an apostle, oh ye of little faith sometimes I think He would say to me oh ye of little understanding , lol, all in good time

God bless.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »

But we are told to 'watch.' e-Sword found these for me in one second.

Mat_24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Mat_25:13  Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Mar_13:35  Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

Luk_21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1Th_5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

1Pe_4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Rev_3:3  Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

We'll know when the time comes.

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 05:51:45 PM »

What we are seeing happen here in the UK at present, reminds me so much of when Ray spoke of when the towers fall. We are witnessing the EU falling and our govt and political parties are just in turmoil. No leaders of the parties, so they are destroying themselves from within. Babylon falling.
God Bless Sandie.
Walk in the Spirit

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 06:36:15 PM »

What we are seeing happen here in the UK at present, reminds me so much of when Ray spoke of when the towers fall. We are witnessing the EU falling and our govt and political parties are just in turmoil. No leaders of the parties, so they are destroying themselves from within. Babylon falling.
God Bless Sandie.

Too political - No more comments like this please

rick

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 08:58:26 PM »

Mat_25:13  Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Mar_13:35  Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

Luk_21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1Th_5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

1Pe_4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Rev_3:3  Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Hi Dennis,

I no longer have the capability I once had. I cancelled out my subscription with cable television and the Internet . I have my smart phone a bible and Rays lake of fire book I bought from Lulu.

I enjoy being disconnected from the world Christ says I'm not apart of. E sword won't download on my smart phone , I forget the reason why but it can't be down.

So I don't have access to e sword but I am saving 250 monthly .

God bless.

Kat

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 11:15:44 AM »

I remember in the WWCG we were often admonished to 'watch' world events closely, because there were certain prophetic events that needed to happen to bring on the great tribulation and then (after 3 1/2 yrs) the return of Christ, or something like that.

In all those verses that tells us to "watch" is it really saying to watch world events to keep ourselves up with the latest news from around the world? I've thought about that and I just don't know what good that would do, other than keep us concerned with worldly affairs. Is there going to be a great tribulation before Christ comes? I don't think so, well what are we to 'watch' for.

Eph 6:13  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
v. 14  Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
v. 15  and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
v. 16  above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
v. 17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
v. 18  praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful (G69) to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

G69
agrupneō - to be sleepless, that is, keep awake: - watch.

2Tim 4:5  But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Rev 16:15  Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is the one who watches (against sinning) and keeps his garments ("the righeousness of the saints" Rev 19:08), lest he walk naked (spiritually) and they see his shame (Matt 22:12). 

Rev 3:18  I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

Just my thoughts.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:28:57 PM by Kat »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 12:40:33 PM »

Hi Dennis,

I no longer have the capability I once had. I cancelled out my subscription with cable television and the Internet . I have my smart phone a bible and Rays lake of fire book I bought from Lulu.

I enjoy being disconnected from the world Christ says I'm not apart of. E sword won't download on my smart phone , I forget the reason why but it can't be down.

So I don't have access to e sword but I am saving 250 monthly .

God bless.

I don't know how anyone types anything lengthy on a smart phone. But I see kids doing all the time. 250 a month is a lot to save.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.