bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All will give account.  (Read 4190 times)

rick

All will give account.
« on: July 10, 2016, 09:59:29 PM »

I'm not sure if that is a literal or a figurative statement of scripture? If it's a figurative statement then I could tie it into the scripture which tells us that when His judgements are in the earth then the inhabitants of the earth shall learn righteousness.

Which to me then the account would mean more of a learning process rather than an actual  confession of guilt and wrong doing or simply put not living a righteous life in Christ.

But if it's a literally statement then what could one possibly say ?

God bless.

Kat

Re: All will give account.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 01:11:51 PM »

Hi Rick, well though God takes responsibility for making us with inherit weaknesses, every single individual will be held accountable/liable for the choices we make. I do feel that somehow as those in the world are resurrected from the dead, they will actual stand before God and receive condemnation and 'sentenced' to physical life again (that will be their lake of fire). Upon repentance they will be forgiven, but I think they must make recompense through the fire of judgment. I believe the accountability to be a process, now maybe there will be a certain degree of confessions, but I would think firstly the process is to come to be made aware of one sin and then they must be brought to repentance through retribution.

Deu 32:35  Vengeance is Mine, and recompense; Their foot shall slip in due time; For the day of their calamity is at hand, And the things to come hasten upon them.'

I believe there are so many 'sins' that are committed with actual denial of wrong doing... one example is throughout history the strong people have descended upon the weaker nations and conquered them. They killed any that resisted and took many captive that became their slaves... the world did not view this as wrong. These slaves became their property and was thought of as little more than beasts of burden, and treated much like animals... the world did not view that as wrong. Many slaves have suffered incredibly at the hands of their 'master,' many were killed with no regret. And so many have committed other kinds of awful sins in the name of a twisted sense of  justice, with no remorse. And many terrible sins are committed and the perpetrated never even found out and known, much less penalized.  People cannot give account or own up to acts of sin they are not aware of as sin, some sins are quite obvious, but others are not, some have religions totally contrary to Christians... they will have to come to realize many truths first.

1Cor 4:5  So you should not pass judgment on anyone before the right time comes. Final judgment must wait until the Lord comes; He will bring to light the dark secrets and expose the hidden purposes of people's minds. And then all will receive from God the praise they deserve. (GNB)

2Cor 5:10  For all of us must appear before the judgment seat of the Messiah, so that each of us may receive what he deserves for what he has done in his body, whether good or worthless. (ISV)

Part of the process of giving account after being made aware of ones sins, would need to be their held liable, "receive what he deserves." So thinking of a slave that was brutally killed by their 'owner,' what could be more just than turning that around and now the master is the salve and the slave the master, "the first will be last, and the last first." Of course it would not be the same for the slave as it is in this age, but God's justice is not the same as man's, He would not be seeking to physically harm/injure as man does, but the torment of that reverse situation would be quite real and bring humility. Remember the parable of Lazarus and the rich man and how Jesus said how tormented the rich man was in his fiery judgment. There was a lifetime of learning evil for many people and I guess it will take quite some time for them to learn to live in righteousness... but there will be a whole age to do so.

So I guess I'm saying that I think accountability is much more than just speaking a confession, it would involve many steps, probably over many years at least for some in being brought to righteousness. Anyway that's just my thoughts.

Matt 25:41  "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting (eonian) fire prepared for the devil and his angels G32 (aggelos - a messenger; especially an “angel”; by implication a pastor: - angel, messenger.):

Matt 25:46  And these will go away into everlasting (eonian) punishment, but the righteous into eternal (eonian) life."

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:08:32 PM by Kat »

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 07:04:29 PM »

Hi Kat,

Well said and helpful.
God will see that everything is done in an orderly fashion and for the betterment of all persons.
I-Bob

rick

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:30:01 PM »

Hi Kat,

What is on my mind stems from those things I've learned here. I understand in part the plan of God which is making children , a family for Himself.

It's true God made us spiritually weak for the intended purpose of giving us and experience of good and evil as well as to humble us by.

I know Ray also mentioned that God cannot impart virtue to us and that it must be learned . I know God says vengeance is His but understanding His plan even though it is impart and coming to the conclusion that Gods ways are not our ways and that we should not be leaning towards our understanding and knowing God is love I find it difficult to accept this vengeance which God referred to is anything as we humans understand revenge.

We all come from different backgrounds and parents but I would think of the best parents on earth and then multiply that by trillions and still somehow fall short of God parenting His children.

In order for God to achieve His plan He needed to create His creation in vanity then setting the circumstances that would bring about the evil He created in order for all to experience good and evil and when one experienced evil it can be quite humbling.

I know right from wrong but I also believe there are things we cannot believe are wrong because those things are so subtle.

God says we will give account but whatever God asked me would have to go back to God no matter how I view it because God is the cause of all things . I know one day God will vindicate His name in all the earth and all will understand why so much pain and wickedness had to be .

Also if it is a verbal account one should think if we go back in time one trillion seconds ago we would end up in b.c . There are six billion people alive today plus all those who came and departed before us . If each one spent and hour giving account then the judgement would span over trillions of years.

I just think the scripture is figurative rather than literal but then again what do I know , a lowly servant am I.

God bless us all.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:35:32 PM by Rick »

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:56:07 AM »

"Also if it is a verbal account one should think if we go back in time one trillion seconds ago we would end up in b.c . There are six billion people alive today plus all those who came and departed before us . If each one spent and hour giving account then the judgement would span over trillions of years. "

I suppose I imagine that God will manipulate time, which only exists because He made it, to make things progress in any 'timetable' of His choosing.

I've always liked the verse you began with. Knowing that I am called to account for my actions and thoughts is helpful in keeping me accountable in my own heart for what I do and say. No one gets a "get out of jail pass" on this. And don't we want it this way? Don't we want to begin a new life in Christ without anything in the way, any sin dragging us down, any fear left in our hearts? Of course I don't know what this is going to look like and how God will bring it all about- I just know I derive some comfort and instruction from it.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 10:33:37 AM »

Well Rick, I guess if everybody was resurrected and lined up to give a confessional it would be a pretty long line. But I do not think giving an account is the same thing as the Catholic churches idea of confessing ones sins, I am thinking that there is a lot that would come before that. To reach 'real' repentance is to come to see yourself as you really are, a beast... can't think that many people would go along with that idea at first. There are so many falsehoods that people have incorporated in their ideas to form their beliefs, there is a huge amount of junk people will have to un-learn and un-tangle in their minds before they ever get to repentance and can confess their sins... it's a process.

Also maybe they will have to seek/confess their wrong doing to the person they wronged. If you think about it people will be confronted by the very people they hurt or even killed, maybe they will need to seek their forgiveness too. Now that may take a really long time for some people.

Another thing is I'm thinking that there may very well be a kind of staggered resurrection of the dead.

1Cor 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
v. 23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 

That comment there makes me think, suppose the resurrection of the rest of the dead is in order of righteousness? First raising up those of faith, like in chapter 11 of Hebrews... I would think that they deserve being ranked before others in the resurrection. I can see how having these righteous people from throughout the centuries brought up first to serve with the elect in 'taking over' the world could really work well. Also if you had a functioning body/government in place when the more wicked are raised up later that would also make a really big difference in maintaining order. Okay anyway just more thoughts.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:01:39 PM by Kat »

jingle52

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »

Hi Kat, yes I also think along those lines that the resurrected will be in turns of righteousness Heb chapter 11, and  just think of all the good people who do believe in God our Father and Jesus our Lord with their whole hearts but are/were deceived by their church doctrines? We know that the elect will be resurrected first.
But as you so nicely put it, there have been over the centuries and into these times all these truly evil ones who will have more time to heal and change and taught righteousness and that is why perhaps it will take a thousand years for all to heal?
These verses come to mind
Math 25:32-34
I'm thinking maybe these wicked are the goats?

Jingle
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.