bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matthew 9:17 bottles KJV  (Read 14431 times)

cheekie3

Re: Matthew 9:17 bottles KJV
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 03:39:27 AM »

Kat -

Thank You.

Yes George, that is the way I remember that it was wineskins, but not so much about the lion and the lamb, yes that is the way it's usually depicted in pictures, probably because it gives a more extreme example. That's one reason that I use a variety of translations, and Strong's to go into the meaning of the word translated... the translators did the best they could, but in some instances because they probably did not have knowledge of spiritual truth they did not get it right. The word bottle really does not bother me, as I do not think it changes the meaning and I see "wolf and lamb" in all the translations so that's what I would go with.

Though translations do have errors, the Bibles we have been given can be used effectively and with help like what Ray gave about how to correct the errors, so we can come to the real meaning. I do not try to stick with one translation, even the modern English word translations (GNB) I use and find helpful. It's really about the spiritual understanding that's behind the Word on the page.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

May His Blessings and Revelations increase in you.

Kind Regards.

George

cheekie3

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 03:40:24 AM »

Joel -

Thank You.

Hi George,
I have a KJV New Testament that the Gideon's gave me in 1961, and a 1972 KJV, Thomas Nelson center column reference, both say bottles for that verse.
The T.N., CCR also says "Or, wineskins" in the center column.

Joel

May His Blessings and Revelations increase in you.

Kind Regards.

George

cheekie3

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 03:43:10 AM »

zvezda -

Many Thanks.

The best example I can think of is:

Isaiah 65:25: (KJV):

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Should this not read 'The Lion and the lamb shall lie together'.

If you Google (Images) this, you will see an anomaly, in that there are both images of the lamb with either a Fox, or a Lion.

George, I believe "the lion and the lamb" is a common misquotation. I don't think the three verses you mentioned have been altered in KJV, as you can see them in the original 1611 KJV (the three links I provided in my previous post). Even Ray wrote "old bottles [wineskins]" in the LOF 11 http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

May His Revealed Word continue to Bless You and Keep You in Him.

Kind Regards.

George

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.