bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Letter-writing  (Read 3646 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Letter-writing
« on: July 27, 2016, 02:13:47 AM »

Howdy!

I like to write letters; the kind where there is ink on paper, and it is sent in an envelope! Does anybody else do this? It would be nice to write to someone from here, even if it is just postcards (I travel a lot and find some good ones!)

8) 8) 8)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Letter-writing
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 07:44:03 AM »

Letter writing you say.............that takes back a bit, all the way back to 1756 when writing letters was the big thing as there were still issues with the Internet back then.

I recall sailing the high seas, whisky in one hand, feather pen the other writing to dear darling wife Clementine while being tossed from one end of the cabin to the other in a wild storm while a giant Octopus was trying with all might to drag the ship down..........what fun those days were.  :P

Anyway a postcard sounds good if you want to send me one to NZ I will send back one. I can pm you my ye old address if keen

Rhys
🤫

Extol

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »

Yes please, captain!  :D

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 07:09:52 PM »

It's a dying art, which is a shame.  The last ones I can remember writing and receiving were at college--right about the same time Rhys was rolling on the high seas.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 09:50:38 AM »

Writing letters would mean loosing spell Check lol .

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »

Got mine yesterday and enjoyed it very much...inspiring, and I even learned a thing or two.  Now to find a pen and see if I can still write without using a keyboard.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »

Got mine yesterday and enjoyed it very much...inspiring, and I even learned a thing or two.  Now to find a pen and see if I can still write without using a keyboard.

I got your letter too Dave ;)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.