bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Real Prayer  (Read 3275 times)

noelsjoy

Real Prayer
« on: July 28, 2016, 01:38:46 PM »

Hello,
So, I have been coming to this site for quite some time now and one thing that Im unsure of is how do you pray? I mean, I know how to pray in my old christian ways, but really? How does one pray correctly? I ask this because I have a son who is 21 years old and he was recently diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer. Im a nutrition buff and I do not agree with our healthcare system and I di not approvechemotherapy

cheekie3

Re: Real Prayer
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 03:13:26 PM »

noelsjoy -

Hi and Welcome.

Hello,
So, I have been coming to this site for quite some time now and one thing that Im unsure of is how do you pray? I mean, I know how to pray in my old christian ways, but really? How does one pray correctly? I ask this because I have a son who is 21 years old and he was recently diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer. Im a nutrition buff and I do not agree with our healthcare system and I di not approvechemotherapy

Real Prayer comes from your heart and mind; and it does not need to be spoken, as you can pray in private by speaking out your prayer, or speak to Our Lord and God in your mind.

Although Our Heavenly Father is not a Man, His Son, Jesus Christ became a Man for us (and taught us how to pray, as He prayed when He walked the Earth as a Man); and a good way to start your prayer is as follows:

Father, in Jesus' name, please forgive me all my sins, as I choose to forgive all those that have sinned against me and my family - and then you can pray specifically for those you are burdened to do so, and put their needs to Jesus.

Remember He Directs all things in all our lives - and this includes how you should pray to Him.

I hope this helps a little.

Kind Regards.

George

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »

Hi NJ,

If you've been here awhile you probably have read this already, but it's a good reminder:

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

noelsjoy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 05:22:23 PM »

Sorry, everything I had wrote in the original post isn't showing, so here it is again...

Hello,
So, I have been coming to this site for quite some time now and one thing that I'm unsure of is how do you pray? I mean, I know how to pray in my old christian ways, but really? How does one pray correctly? I ask this because I have a son who is 21 years old and he was recently diagnosed with Sarcoma cancer, its rare and aggressive type of cancer. I'm a nutrition buff and I do not agree with our healthcare system and I do not approve of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery as his treatment plan. I have given him the tools needed to cure his cancer and other suggestions and he does not seem interested. However, he does want to try cannabis oil and I have confidence that it will help him, but it will only come back if he does not change his eating habits. He does live in Wisconsin and it's a state that has not approved of medical marijuana. His plan is to go to Colorado for this type of treatment because it is available there. I'm in Arizona and I do not have the luxury of spending time with him. I have done what I could thus far, but it's his life and decisions. I did just come back from a trip to Wisconsin so I could spend time with him for a month, but I can't keep going there. I have asked him to come live with me, but again he's not interested in moving to Arizona at this point. I'm hoping that when things get a little tougher and no one is around any more to help or care for him that he will make that decision to come stay with me.

Thank you for reading and for prayers

Noelsjoy

noelsjoy

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »

Thank you Extol I'll take a look at that link (I may have read it, but probably could use the reminder) and thank you Cheekie3, that explanation does help and make sense

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:19:59 PM »

So, I have been coming to this site for quite some time now and one thing that I'm unsure of is how do you pray?

You can't beat the master.

Luk 22:42  Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

I don't believe that to be a cop out.  Things can only go one way....the way that God has foreknowledge that they will go.  We pray and ask but ask that his will in the situation be done.  If we pray thusly our prayers will always be answered.  And btw I agree with the health and nutrition aspects.  The way I look at it is that I do that which I know to be helpful and it may be that God will use that which I do to give me good health but the result is totally up to him. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:22:43 PM by Arion »

Kat

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »

Hi noelsjoy, to me prayer is a very personal thing, it takes many forms, formal as when I seek a private place away from all distractions and speak to Him... usually it's casual, more of a talking to Him during the course of the day at any time with whatever pops in my mind... an urgent request is when, for whatever reason, you cry out to God for help, maybe not even articulated well, He knows. But I think it is extremely important to reach out to God and prayer is the means to do so, we should take every and any concern to Him as much and as often as we feel concerned.

Psalms 55:22  Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

Heb 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I believe that pray and meditation is one way we get to know our God... He speaks to us as we speak to Him. I really like to dwelling on God and the work He is doing as much as I can, I prefer that to most other worldly preoccupation that usually comes to mind. When we have our minds on spiritual things, then that crowds out worries, negative thoughts and other worldly matters. It takes a concerted effort to control what you are thinking on and cast out negative thinking and not let it overwhelm you, because it is true that "as he thinks in his heart, so is he" (Pro 23:7).

2Cor 10:5  casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:54:44 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.