bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Effect without a cause ?  (Read 4251 times)

rick

Effect without a cause ?
« on: July 29, 2016, 01:16:08 PM »

I know this passage is spurious below but what happened to the law of cause and effect , here we have effect without cause ?

John. 15:25

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

God bless.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:19:12 PM by Rick »

cheekie3

Re: Effect without a cause ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 02:49:38 PM »

Rick -

Regarding the below:

I know this passage is spurious below but what happened to the law of cause and effect , here we have effect without cause ?

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

God bless.

Some translations use 'reason' rather than 'cause':

John 15:25 The Living Bible (TLB)

25 This has fulfilled what the prophets said concerning the Messiah, ‘They hated me without reason.’

Perhaps, in English, this could be read, "I did no wrong, yet they hated me for doing good"; or, perhaps, "They had no reason to hate me, yet they still hated me".

I do not think that this Scripture can contradict 'His Law of Cause', as everything in life has a cause.

I believe this is one, whereby we need a further two (2) or three (3) Scriptural Witnesses.

I personally believe the word is more likely to be 'reason', but the statement appears to be incomplete, as there must always be a cause.

I do not know if I have been helpful or muddied the water.

Kind Regards.

George

rick

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 03:45:33 PM »

Rick -

Regarding the below:

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. I

God bless.

I do not think that this Scripture can contradict 'His Law of Cause', as everything in life has a cause.

Hi George,

This scripture is spurious and does not belong in the bible period . I guess I was being funny when I asked what happen to the law of cause and effect.

I took one of my almost 4 weeks of vacation this week. For this cause I've been posting a lot but I go back to work this Monday and this will give all my brothers and sisters a break from me posting so much Lol

God bless.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:48:33 PM by Rick »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 05:57:15 PM »

John 15:25  But this happened so that what has been written in their Law might be fulfilled: 'They hated me for no reason.'

Hi Rick, I don't see where that Scriptures is spurious. But that verse goes back to an OT verse.

Psa 69:4  Those who hate me without cause are more than the hairs of my head. My persecutors are mighty, and they want to destroy me. Must I be forced to return what I did not steal?

I think the reason Jesus would make that comment is because it is absolutely true... we know He was perfect, inerrant, without sin... but He had to be killed/murdered by those people and there was absolutely no 'real' truthful reason they could use to do it. But there certainly was causes that lead them to do what they did, He was a threat to their authority, He spoke boldly against them and they hated Him for that, His purity reveal their utter filthiness. Those were evil and corrupt men and they probably had done many wicked things before, so I really don't think this was a far stretch for them. Anyway just committing on your topic.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:50:52 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 07:08:48 PM »

God bless.

That passage is not spurious.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 07:46:05 PM »

Here I was thinking that passage was spurious because I thought and effect without a cause is impossible.

Thanks for setting things straight but I see something is not right with that interpretation.

Thanks again and God bless.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:50:46 PM by Rick »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 08:14:11 PM »

It's difficult at times to know whether or not a post in this little sub-section of the forum is "light-hearted" or not.  So I'm gonna go with my gut, right or wrong, and assume it isn't.  Therefor, I'm going to lock it and ask if there is any serious need for discussion of this verse it be taken to the "general discussion" section and hashed out there.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.