bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayers for my Mom  (Read 2787 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayers for my Mom
« on: August 03, 2016, 09:51:12 PM »

Hello all. Been a long time since I've posted, but always reading.

My Mom is experiencing some really hard times. Her husband, my step Dad, died unexpectedly last August, without a signed will, and she has been battling with his two sons. They were married maybe five or six years. He was a very successful rancher in the area with several thousand acres, a rare coin collector, and "worth" a large amount of money.
Last Saturday, after having a locksmith open one of the many safes, they found a signed will dated 1971. Moms attorney stated the will is legal, so she may possible get nothing, everything going to his two sons. According to Moms attorney, the Judge has the authority to give, or not to give, her some spousal compensation.
Thankfully, she owns the house they lived in. She is 82 years young, and full blood Cajun, so she is tough. But this has tested her to the max!
I can hear it in her voice, she's tired.

If you guys don't mind, please include her in your prayers. She has worked so hard to honor her husbands wishes, but since he never signed the updated will, it doesn't matter.
It makes my heart hurt to watch her go through this.

Thanks
Patrick     

John from Kentucky

Re: Prayers for my Mom
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:13:08 PM »

Patrick,

I do not know where your mom lives, but most States' laws are heavily influenced by English Common Law.

For example, here in Kentucky, a husband cannot disinherit  a wife.  If a wife is left out of a will, she can revoke the will and receive part of her husband's property per KY statute.

Check again with an attorney and see if your mother can legally claim a part of her husbands property regardless of what his will states.

John

Patrick

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »

She's in New Mexico.
Thanks, John.

jingle52

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 07:50:46 AM »

Patric,
hope things work out well for your mom,  JFK gave such prompt advice  8)

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »

Patrick. I will surely petition God on your momma's behalf.  She is blessed to have you in her corner.

claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 10:39:18 PM »

I will pray too Patrick!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.