bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11  (Read 5059 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« on: August 04, 2016, 12:43:10 AM »

We're going on vacation in November for my birthday (belatedly, my bd is in October but you all probably knew that ;)) .  We fly home on the 11th. Here's the thing. I see the number 11 all the time. Every day. And of course if you look at the clock enough you surely do see it- but I see it a lot. It's weird. And I do not mean to reduce God to numbers and superstition but I'm having a hard time shaking the feeling that maybe I shouldn't be flying  on 11/11.  So, am I being short sighted, superstitious, unfaithful, or am I not paying attention to something I should be?  And of course who said 11 would be a bad thing?  Me, I guess.

John from Kentucky

Re: 11
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:05:02 PM »

The exact second of your birth was set by God.

The exact second of your death has been set by God.

And everything in between.

You cannot change a thing.  Nor can numbers.

The Will of the Father will be done.

lostANDfound

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 07:05:01 PM »

It sounds like you're suggesting that God might be sending you a personal message using a recurring number to warn you not to take a flight. 
I vividly remember as a kid noticing the digital clock hitting 11:11 and getting excited because it's the only time that has four digits all the same (on a 12 hour clock of course).  Guess what?  I noticed the clock hitting that time more and more often as some part of my brain assigned some special importance to it, and subconsciously paid attention to the time.  It was like magic, it would feel like I hadn't looked at the clock all day and then I would just happen to glance up right at 11:11.  Our brains are truly a marvel and we understand so little of their capabilities. 
I tend to think God speaks to us using a plethora of methods, but I am also wary of becoming trapped in one of The Sifters snares. It sounds like you have a growing feeling of physical threat without real evidence of such.  Whose voice does that sound like? 
Your question really has me thinking though, Rose. You could make a fear-based decision and stay home and be killed by your house collapsing, or you could ignore that persistent feeling and take the flight and meet a kindred spirit sitting next to you, or it could crash, or you could be the one to save the life of a choking child. Or all kinds of conclusions.  I think everyone here gets that it's already determined and whether you live or die it's all according to His will and for His glory. But God does use "coincidences" to influence us into our choices, and I think you're wondering if this is an opportunity to prove your faith by cancelling the flight and then when the plane goes down in flames you'll praise him for His protection. Or is it Satan poisoning your mind with needless fear.
Maybe we should look back through the bible and see how often we are warned in the NT of any physical threats, and how often God makes a point of warning against spiritual threats. 
My off the cuff thoughts?  Go on the flight.  If God doesn't want you on it you're taxi will break down or the flight will be cancelled or something, you won't be on it.  It seems a lot more likely that His personal message to you will be about YOU, you're journey with Him, your spiritual growth.
Sorry this is so much philosophizing instead of scripturizing.  Ya ya, autocorrect, I know that's not a word!  I am not as good at pulling related scriptures out as some others around here are.  I should probably work on that!

I hope this helps!  -Vicki
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 01:39:22 PM »

Well, I guess it is something like Vicki was saying, the brain is just operating according to input we give it, every time you took special notice to that number you were programming your brain of its significance, until now you seem to have a fixation on the number 11. Perhaps we all have some things that draws our attention more than others, but I would think it's developed into a problem or compulsion if it overrides common sense. I will not try to give advice about what to do though, as this is just my opinion.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:50:56 PM by Kat »

Joel

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 03:43:17 PM »

At a family get together with the in laws a number of years ago, they were discussing how many of my side, and my wife's side of the family were born on the 11th of the month.
I think the total came to 12 or so, but birthdays were not all in the same month.
They thought that so many was very unusual, what does it mean? I don't have a clue. :-\

Joel

lareli

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 04:48:56 PM »

Consider this... When the clock reads 11:11 it is only 11:11 in that specific time zone. It's not 11:11 at anywhere else at that moment. And so also it is 11:11 every single hour at somewhere in the world.

I know that as far back as biblical times there was reference to time in the references of "..at about the 3rd hour" and such... But "Time" is a relatively recent construct of man at least as far as clocks and watches go. Anyone know when the first clock (not sun dial) was created and or used in a fairly universal capacity? When were 'seconds' and 'minutes' instituted?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 05:53:32 PM »

Consider this... When the clock reads 11:11 it is only 11:11 in that specific time zone. It's not 11:11 at anywhere else at that moment. And so also it is 11:11 every single hour at somewhere in the world.

I know that as far back as biblical times there was reference to time in the references of "..at about the 3rd hour" and such... But "Time" is a relatively recent construct of man at least as far as clocks and watches go. Anyone know when the first clock (not sun dial) was created and or used in a fairly universal capacity? When were 'seconds' and 'minutes' instituted?

Considering that God has years, i don't see time being a 'recent man made' construct, institution, or anything for that matter nor do I see God being outside of it.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lareli

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 07:57:18 PM »

Considering that God has years, i don't see time being a 'recent man made' construct, institution, or anything for that matter nor do I see God being outside of it.

God bless,
Alex

I said 'at least as far as clocks and watches go'.

And I don't see God being outside of anything.

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

octoberose

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 11:29:26 PM »

ya'll are pretty awesome. ☺️

John9362

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 11:20:37 AM »

I once, many years ago saw 11:11 so often that I started to research it, and guess what? It brought me to Bible Truths .......the Lord works in many mysterious ways. To me 11:11 is a blessing and every time I see it, it reminds me of our Lord, It puts a smile on my face and I (pray) & have a great conversation with Him   :)

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 08:10:27 PM »

OctoberRose:

My father had a similar experience. Towards the end of my mother's life, for the last two months before she died, he told me he kept seeing 11:11 on the clock quite frequently. As her health declined, which happened in late October, he really became concerned that she would die on November 11th. To make a long story short, she died on November 16th, and he has not reported to me of seeing this 11:11 phenomenon since that time. I look at it as an attack of fear by the enemy on my father.

Dean

John9362

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 03:16:49 AM »

Wow how time flies  :)

This is my post from more than 10 years ago.

General Discussions / 11:11
« on: April 20, 2006, 11:25:36 PM »
Hi guys,
I know some of you will think of this as very weird-strange. Since about 3 years ago I started to notice 11:11 and 1:11 on my computer screen clock, clock radio etc. etc.  basically where ever you had a posibility of these numbers turn up I would come across them...Why ..I trully don't know...I wonder if you guys can shed any light on the subject.

ps. Sometimes I get the feeling It's my guardian angel reminding me that he's there [it's] there.

God bless you all.
John

cheekie3

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 07:04:54 AM »

Post contained a long quotation from a nominal teaching site without attribution, so it's been removed. Dave
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:22:09 PM by Dave in Tenn »

cjwood

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 04:46:27 AM »

i see 7:22 freakishly often. started thinking maybe i should use the numbers in one of the lotto games.  ;D ;D    7/22 is my daughter's birthday. no explanation to the enigma of the numbers seen repeatedly. i just smile when it happens.   :)

please don't worry about the 11:11 numbers you see sister o.rose.  in your heart you know God doesn't work like that.  stand in faith.  :)

claudia

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »

I started seeing the number 7 everywhere, I realized it had meaning of. Course when I started reading the bible, then the # 3 ,turns out they were very significant numbers in my life. Anyway
For a whole year , after my encounter with the Lord, I became paralyzed with fear and I got through it by saying ( Thy Will Be Done) now I am not afraid of anything.Oh how I love the Lord.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.