bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer/ God's Will  (Read 4836 times)

Miranda_78

Prayer/ God's Will
« on: August 06, 2016, 04:48:37 AM »

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone correct me on this, i'm trying to understand why God has seem to forsake me on having friends, and/or a husband. I pray for good friends,and thought satan wasn't so cunning on Relationships i would have. I also tried looking on social media 'christian' twitter pages if there were any single good guys around and seemed to find none....because their all taken, or wanting to remain single...
Do i have to go on a hunt for a single guy?  If God wants me having ANYTHING he will allow it, or would i have to pray for it?

Ray said, no matter how much we pray we will not have it Unless it's God's Will.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 06:01:48 AM by Miranda_78 »

rick

Re: Prayer/ God's Will
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:34:34 PM »

Hi Miranda,

You say your looking for a good man but Jesus says only God is good ., I agree with Jesus there is no such thing as a good man.

Your better off single in this life , you can spend all your time learning about God and loving Him.
But you must realize God loves you and will not forsake you so don't be to concerned about what things seem to be.

I find the more God centered Iam the less self centered I become .

God bless you Miranda and trust in God above all things because it's God who saves.

God bless.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 02:58:02 PM »

Read
 ---> http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

Be still Miranda. You cannot alter God's plans. His will, will be done by His intentions/plans/purposes.

He knows where you are, your desires, and most importantly, your needs--even if you don't.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

octoberose

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 04:11:45 PM »

Oh Miranda,
 I know- most of the women here really do know.
 Read what Alex sent you and spend some time on that. Remember to seek First His Kingdom and His Righteousness. Work on yourself. Work on your temple and your heart.  And I would think that looking for a partner when you believe in the Reconciliation of All and that 'free will' is a fallacy - I would think that's hard when you want a guy who seeks God first.  Most of them will not agree with you.  In the end, a man is not responsible for your happiness but  if you let go He just might work this out for you in it's proper time.
  We almost need a singles Bible Truths group. Kidding. Just kidding.  :)

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 12:25:28 PM »

Hi Miranda, it is natural to want friends and a mate, God has created us as social creatures in need of socializing. For a believer this is tricky, because it's hard to hang out with people that do not believe as we do, worldly behavior is totally contrary to God's ways. You must be around people at school/work/gym and meet people that way... if you happen not to be, then maybe you could take a hobby class of some kind to meet people, guys or girls. But just try to be friendly to the people you are around, show interest in others and they might return interest towards you. Maybe a casual type friendship might not immerse you to must in the world? But certainly pray for guidance.

Finding a mate for a believers would be difficult, but maybe not impossible... but I certainly would not think looking for a Christian is the way to go, as they can be quite devout in what they believe that is pretty much opposite as we do. Maybe just look for a guy to be a friend is the best way to start, you could determine over time if there is enough common interests if you want to even consider a more serious, getting to know one another, relationship. But I will say the way 'dating' now is certainly not the way that God would approve, and I would think it very hard to find a man who would understand proper courtship.

Bottom line is we are not of this world... the way the Spirit thinks and the way the carnal mind thinks, talks or acts are opposites, and that creates a barriers that's hard, impossible(?), to get around to find agreement in this world.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 12:29:07 PM by Kat »

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 01:27:37 PM »

Well reasoned advice Kat,

For Miranda,
My wife and I have been together for 55 years and have four children age 46, 47, 50 and 54.
My wife knows what we on the forum believe and practice and she is agreeable to much of it although she herself does not practice or preach it. However she comes from a family and a childhood in which doing the right thing was taught AND she loves me in spite of all of my faults.
-
Neither of her parents attended churches except for weddings and funerals but they approved of other people having a church and saw the benefits of teaching love and belief in God to young children in most denominations.
--
My four kids all get along with one another because none of them push their own beliefs or feelings onto the others. They also, in varying degrees, understand the things that are taught on this forum and agree that much of it is a fine way to live and believe; even if they don't practice all the things that they acknowledge to be true or factual.
- -
So then my practical advice for any person seeking friends in the outside world is to be content with what God is sharing with you and to not try to convert others to our way of understanding. It just does not work, AND you can have friendly, healthy relationships with many neighbors without ever discussing religion at all.
- -
It is also possible to have a husband who does NOT share your passions in all things. Please do not plan to change your future husband once you are married.
That is foolish pride in action and mostly very arrogant. We marry people for what they bring to the relationship and we should be happy for their contribution and willing to endure their limitations. We do not marry to make ourselves happy. We marry to share happiness with others and support them through their struggles that come to everyone in this mortal life.
--
If God was using you or me to convert the world, it would have become obvious by now, so be content to admit that God has a full time job just changing us individually. God is actually spending most of our lives preparing us to do a very important work, IN THE FUTURE. For the present we remain students for our whole carnal life, we will not be teaching until we are changed to full spiritual status.

Just my view offered in love, Indiana Bob

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 01:51:46 PM »

Excellent advice both kat and bob.

As one who just got married too. When my wife and I first met she was more... non denominational or even agnostic than a believe in Jesus as Lord and Saviour of the world. However, as we have grown together, God has seen fit to begin His work of salvation in my household and even my daughter now knows the name of our Great God and Saviour Jesus Christ. We struggle like any imperfect human couple but we hold dearly to the promise of God and hope each day towards our redemption. If it is God's will, your household will be transformed without you doing anything other than being dragged to Him.

Acts 16:29-31
29 Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Nelson Boils

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 11:26:04 AM »

Matthew 7:7 "Request and it shall be given you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you."

and...

James 1:6 "...ask in faith, doubting nothing, for he that doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.

and...

James 1:22 "Do not deceive yourselves by just listening to his word; instead, put it into practice."

Good-luck Miranda, I hope Jesus blesses you with someone that is worth to die for.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 10:06:58 PM »

God's purpose is not to just give us stuff.

That being said, looking behind me as I stand upon the sand of the sea, the Great God has blessed and comforted and led me all the days of my life.  The True God is the Good God who blesses all and will save all.

"I have been young, and now I'm old, and I have never seen the righteous forsaken...."

And yes, only Jesus makes us righteous.

cheekie3

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 04:04:53 AM »

Miranda_78 -

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone correct me on this, i'm trying to understand why God has seem to forsake me on having friends, and/or a husband. I pray for good friends,and thought satan wasn't so cunning on Relationships i would have. I also tried looking on social media 'christian' twitter pages if there were any single good guys around and seemed to find none....because their all taken, or wanting to remain single...
Do i have to go on a hunt for a single guy?  If God wants me having ANYTHING he will allow it, or would i have to pray for it?

Ray said, no matter how much we pray we will not have it Unless it's God's Will.

I look at this somewhat differently than most.

If you are one of the dragged out Called Out Called Out Elect, you will be in a minority, and will remain so - in this current and present age. Being in a minority does however, include Our Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son - who when you were inspired by The Holy Spirit, you invited them to indwell within you, in your spirit, heart, mind and body. So there is no reason too feel lonely at any time, as Our Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son are always with you, and they will never forsake you.

You are on a journey, and at many times, you will endue pain and suffering - as part of you being 'molded' In His Spiritual Image (with your mind being continually renewed into 'The Mind of Christ'); and it is better to know this, and enjoy the journey, even in the midst of much tribulation.

We must never worry or be anxious for anything - as He knows what we need, and will always provide you with what you require.

With regards to friends - you can only have 'friends' of a like mind - and as most are currently 'lost', it is unwise to have fellowship (friendship) with any that are 'lost'. Your True friends are those of a like mind - as if you cannot agree on things, you cannot walk (or have real friendship) together.

About marriage, and I assume starting a family - as you are now His Slave as He purchased you with a great price - it is entirely up to Him. But He is not a master who does not inform you, from time to time, on what He will do - as He shares some of His Secrets with you - particularly regarding your own personal 'chastisement' and 'purification' by 'His consuming fire'.

I do not know of any more powerful prayer than the one Mary said to the Angel Gabriel:

Luke 1:38 (KJV Authorised Version):

And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

If it were me - I would ask Our Heavenly Farther in Jesus' Name, something on the following lines:

'Father, thank you for giving us all life - and for your love and 'light'. I know that you plan every aspect of my life to precision. I desire to have a husband and start a family, and if this desire has been placed in my heart and mind by you, I know that in your own time, your will bring this to fruition. Help me please not to worry and become anxious, and continue to protect me and deliver me and my family from evil. I want to always do right and please you - and I know that I cannot do these things lest you be with me at all times. Thank you for always being with me, closer than any friend can ever be. Be it unto me according to your Word. Thank you. Your Beloved daughter Miranda.'

I hope this helps you a little.

Kind Regards.

May His Grace abundantly Bless you with His Riches.

George

Hellisfake

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 06:40:22 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Hi Miranda!  I'm in almost the same situation as you, I live as divorced since twelve years, and I never thought that it would take so long to find a woman.

I can understand your feeling of frustration.       The Lord gave me a word from the Psalms twelv years ago: "Be still, and Know That I am God" Ps 46:10

That word gave me feeling of rest and trust. And later, when I came to know the Lord as the Sovereign, and that we can not defy the will of God, I have resigned myself to that he maybe  wants me to live as a singe rest of my life.

A scary thought five years ago, but now I just feel peace of God, and the future is in God's hands.

At first, it is difficult to pray "Thy Will be done, not mine but yours" but you have to come to that state, to submit yourself under God.

May God be with you!
Hellisfake
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.