bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death sentence  (Read 3662 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Death sentence
« on: August 10, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »

Is this life experience and our time on earth and eventual death.. Is this all a punishment? Are we serving out a sentence for our sin?

Christ died and we are forgiven but then why do we still die if death is the consequence for sin and our sins are forgiven?

Or is it that we are not yet forgiven? Christ said if we forgive then we will be (future tense) forgiven but if we don't forgive then God will not (also future tense) forgive us... People will offend me until the day I die so it stands to reason that I won't be done forgiving people until I've finished this life on earth.. so are we not yet forgiven until after we die?

If this life on earth for us is like living in spiritual Babylon then doesn't that mean we are currently exiled from spiritual Jerusalem? In which case we are currently serving our time for our sins? Or being punished for our sins?

Are we supposed to be lights and salt right now in this age or is that role reserved for us in the next age only.. while in this age we are to serve out our sentence in quite humility and submission to the carnal authorities of this prison planet?

Do you enjoy this life? Is it ok to find enjoyment in this age?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lilitalienboi16

Re: Death sentence
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 03:09:38 PM »

To appreciate life you must know death.
To appreciate immortality you must know mortality.
To be like God, you must posses the knoweldge of good and evil. Acquiring that knowledge only comes by experience.

Beloved, now our we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know, that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

As He is in the world, so are we.

For you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord.

The sins of the world have been, past tense, forgiven. What the world needs to do now is repent.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 05:40:19 PM »

The way God has designed this world is that all His creatures are given a limited physical existence to experience this life and what we gain from it. This physical life is temporary, of brief duration, but long enough to develop from it who we are, our character, personality and memories, etc, and then we die. Generation after generation God is bringing people into existence and this will go on until He has reached the number He so desires to ultimately have in His family.

I guess it makes you wonder why He didn't make earth big enough to hold all people in just one generation, and just get it all over with quickly... He could have, but God does things as He knows is best. By doing it this way each generation is a little different from the last and therefore there is more variation in what things people experience... just think of how exceedingly different things are now than at the time Jesus walked the earth. This is giving a more diverse experience for people down through the centuries with all the changes and this allows there to be unique individuals out of all the billions of people that have existed.

Now since the time when Christ lived in the flesh He has begun to build His kingdom of elect adding to it generation after generation as well. Those who He has chosen are being prepared in each generation and living through the centuries gives them experiences... and as they live with the different generations they can more relate to the different cultures that have lived. We are now in training and learning to overcome this world (by His Spirit teaching us) and changing our way of thinking to be more like Christ.

Eph 5:8  For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light

Matt 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

But the chosen die physically like all humans have before them, every generation until the precise number of elect God desires is reached at the end of this age.

Rev 6:11  Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed. 

So yes for those that God has chosen now and given His Spirit of life, and then His sacrifice is applied to them and all their sin are forgive now.

1John 1:7  But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Yes we will continue to sin as long as we are in the flesh, God uses that to teach us, but His grace will cover every sin.

Rom 5:20  ...But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
v. 21  so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal (eonian-CLV; age-abiding-Rotherham; age-during-Young's) life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 8:10  And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 6:22  But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting (eonian) life.

It is the way of this world now, to live and die and rest/wait in the grave until resurrection, this is just the way God has determined our experience must be through all the many generations... until Christ returns and then all that changes. If God's Holy Spirit is indwelling at death, the next moment of your awareness will be raising up to meet Christ in the air with the rest of the elect from all generations. That's the reward that the chosen are promise eonian life, spiritual glorified rulers with Christ in the next age.

Titus 3:4  But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
v. 5  not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
v. 6  whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
v. 7  that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal (eonian) life.

1John 2:25  And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal (eonian) life.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:26:03 PM by Kat »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 10:16:48 PM »

Got this off Facebook. You don't have to type 'yes' - As Alex said; we're here to learn about good and evil.

Flanagan

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 01:54:33 AM »

I look at it as two different mental conditions that I battle through this life with. The first is fleshly sold into sin, the other is spiritual and without the curse of the law. My main purpose in this life now is to develop a relationship with our Heavenly Father and his beloved Son our Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that I will one day Love my Heavenly Father with all my heart, soul and mind and love my neighbor as myself. Matt 22: 37-40.  If I said I have achieved this already I'd be fooling myself, but one day I know it will be true.
Grace be with you 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.