bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: MY NIECES WEDDING!?  (Read 20980 times)

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
MY NIECES WEDDING!?
« on: August 27, 2016, 06:22:29 PM »

Hi all, I have a small dilemma and I'm wondering if anyone on the forum can help me. My niece is getting married next year and she has sent me an invitation, the seeming problem is that she's marrying another woman :o. I feel in my heart that I should have no problem going and supporting her on a very important day to her and her partner but, I also feel uneasy that I will also be in some way supporting gay marriage... which I don't. I feel that it's important that I show her how much I love her and also how much I love her mother, (my sister of course) who will expect me to attend along with my brother who is also a very strong Christian believing as I do.

I will of course be making my own decision as will my brother but, it's always good to seek wise counsel. Thanks for any constructive and scriptural input that any of you may have that could help me decide.

God bless :).     
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

lilitalienboi16

Re: MY NIECES WEDDING!?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »

Hi all, I have a small dilemma and I'm wondering if anyone on the forum can help me. My niece is getting married next year and she has sent me an invitation, the seeming problem is that she's marrying another woman :o. I feel in my heart that I should have no problem going and supporting her on a very important day to her and her partner but, I also feel uneasy that I will also be in some way supporting gay marriage... which I don't. I feel that it's important that I show her how much I love her and also how much I love her mother, (my sister of course) who will expect me to attend along with my brother who is also a very strong Christian believing as I do.

I will of course be making my own decision as will my brother but, it's always good to seek wise counsel. Thanks for any constructive and scriptural input that any of you may have that could help me decide.

Wedding ceremony is the celebration of a union between two people.

I would not attend the celebration of a union which God has condemned time and time again.

We had a VERY LONG thread about this once upon a time which I had started, it may help you to read through it and see what was brought up for discussion.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,16110.0.html

The thread is very helpful in my humble opinion.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:24:38 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

John from Kentucky

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 09:08:53 PM »

I do not have free will.  But God does allow me to make choices.

I choose not to associate with anyone who lives in obvious opposition to the Scriptures.

Which is one reason I do not attend a Christian or any other kind of church.

Following God's Way, by His Grace, as He directs my way, has made me a stranger and sojourner on the earth.  Not friends with the Many.  I do not care what people think of me.  I would not want it any other way.

lostANDfound

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 08:58:13 AM »

Last night I spent a few hours reading that thread that Alex mentioned and now it's 4:30am and I can't sleep because it's going around in my head.  So perhaps typing out my little story can clarify the matter for some people.  My dad performed the ceremony at my wedding, and he is an unusually humble and wise preacher *in some areas*, even though he is still in Babylon.  Since my wedding I have had many people come up to me and tell me how his sermon changed the way they think of marriage and how they attend weddings.  He spoke about every person present being witness to our marriage, not just on that day but from that day forward.  He said that as witnesses they are no longer "for" Vicki (me) or "for" Mike (my husband), they are now called to be for the union of us, as we are one.  With tears in his eyes he told that crowd of people that if his little girl comes to him, as I have so many times before, to tell my story and seek his counsel, he will have to school himself to set aside his urge to take my side, and instead seek the best for our union, our marriage.  And he called each person there to do the same for us, and for every couple that they witness being married. 
I hope this helps.  Good night.
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 10:18:39 AM »

Thank you for your replies so far. My issue here is one of love, love which never fails. My niece has invited me to her wedding because she wants me to be there because she loves me. Why should I think that my sins are whiter than her sins just because she is a lesbian who wants to be in a monogamous relationship with another woman because they love one another and want to declare their love for one another publically. I've been married 18 years to my wife and I have most certainly looked at other women at times sexually. That makes me an adultery according to Christ. So who am I to judge??? I also lie from time to time, think badly of other people, swear when I'm angry, etc, etc. What a wretched man I am without Christ to renew me.

I believe that all things happen for a reason and that God is over everything. I feel that I have to show my beautiful niece compassion and love at this time and not a school master mentality. She's not asking me to go on a 'Gay Pride' march which I wouldn't do because I'm not gay and I hate walking, she's just asking me to be there for her to show my love and consideration to her, when she needs it most on her wedding day. I believe that God knows my motives and my heart and what I'm trying to do when I try to do the right thing. In life not everything is always black-and-white. We have to realise that we're just puny humans doing our best in a world that we can rarely control.

If I don't show her my love towards her and how proud I am of her, of how beautiful a person she has grown up to become, then I feel that I will have failed to show her Christ in me. My witness to her of the love of Christ that is in me will have turned her off! I have to believe that God is working in my niece's life and He will bring her one day through Christ to spiritual completion just as He will faithfully do with all mankind.

Jesus sat with landlords and protected prostitutes, etc, Jesus healed people and told them to "go away and sin no more", knowing full well that they would. Jesus raised people from the dead knowing full well that they'd only end up dying again. Jesus always loved us and always will love us all, even though we sinned before we were made as he is. He gave up his life here on earth so that we could all have our sins wiped away soon. Jesus attended a wedding where the wine ran out and he turned water into wine so that everyone could continue to celebrate and be merry and so that the hosts would not be embarrassed about not having enough of something. This is the compassion Jesus has shown me and that I must never forget. I want to go to her wedding not to show my support for gay marriage but to show my support for her! She knows full well that I don't agree with gay marriage or church but, I must not only go the extra mile, I must also not turn away from lending my niece my time.

(Matt 5:41-42)

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him two miles.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

If I'm not there for her on her wedding day then I think that I will regret it for the rest of my life and I don't want to do that to myself or her or her partner, I couldn't be that self absorbed and mean. I'm the one called to a higher standard here by God, I have by His grace been given eyes to see some truths that He has allowed me to see thus far, others including my niece have not as of yet. I have to be the one here as well as my brother also who has too, "forgive them for they know not what they do".

I hope that people understand my decision and once again thank you for your input guys it has actually helped me especially reading through the gay marriage thread.

God be with us all as we try to do what's best from day to day knowing that when we fail Christ is there to carry us because he first loved us and his love never fails. Amen.

Sincerely,
Jimi :)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:24:39 AM by jeetkunejimi »
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 12:58:51 PM »

Hi Jimi, well I will give you my opinion, because this is a matter I have considered. Believers are unique in this world and so of course we think differently about most worldly things. We are a witness not just for the moment, but will be a future reference for people to reflect on as well, what I mean is that people will look back on our actions and remember what we stood for by those actions. So even though your intentions are to merely show love, for many if not most your actions will speak louder than words or your intentions.

You realize that your niece is entering a sinful lifestyle, and will have to give account for that, I feel as we know the truth of the consequence of sin, but people of the world do not understand that... So in attending and in reality supporting what this ceremony represents, you are actually sanctioning it. I would never want anybody to be able to look back on my direct involvement in their life as to appear in any way as putting my blessing on a sin that they certainly will have to answer for... That really is love that she might not fully understand now, but eventually it should become most evident.

So just wanted to add my perspective, it's certainly not an easy life we live, with many hard choices to make. But it's "narrow path" that we are on and many may think ill of us now because of our way of living, but certainly it's God that we are trying to obey and please above people.

Mercy, peace and love
Kat

cheekie3

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 01:41:47 PM »

jeetjkunejimi -

This is very difficult to deal with in the correct manner.

I do not know how I would deal with this.

I believe most would take the view that we should not judge others' chosen way of life, even if we were not that way inclined ourselves - and it would be disrespectful.

I have tried hard to envisage myself agreeing to attend the wedding, or not attending.

To me, I could not see myself attending, as I would be endorsing their lifestyles, even though there is only One Judge of us all (His Beloved Children), no matter how you cut it - it boils down to this:

A. If I go, I would be accepting their chosen lifestyle.
B. If I do not go, I would not be accepting their chosen lifestyle.

I would continue to pray for them, as and when I was burdened by The Holy Spirit.

Most would take the comfortable and Convenient option, and go, as it is nothing to do with them, as what others choose to do is entirely up to them.

The root cause of all this, is whether or not we believe in God's Laws or mankind's laws (really Satan's laws).

What does Our Almighty Father and Creator say about this.

He says enough to convince me that it is wrong to engage in such practices.

Perhaps, I would say to my sister and niece, and their families and friends, something like this:

"You know that I care for you all, and you know that I follow what God says about how we should live and behave - and you know that God confirms what marriage is.

I cannot therefore attend your wedding, as it is contrary to what God says a marriage should be."

I will continue to pray for you.

You are in a very difficult position.

Kind Regards.

George

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 05:14:46 PM »

This is not about judging or love, etc., IMO. But by you attending you are sanctioning, giving your blessing to this act.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_it_when_I_see_it

I suggest you try and find other ways of supporting your Niece. You may want to just tell her the truth.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »

Hi jeetkunejimi:

Towards the end of last year, my father and I learned that my cousin's daughter was also getting "married" to a woman. At first my father said that he would go to support his twin brother, who is this woman's grandfather. I told him that I was not going to go to this thing as it is condemned by Scripture. Eventually, he changed his mind. We received a "Save the Date" mailing in January from them, and then the invitation in March for this May "wedding". We both checked off the box that indicated we weren't going to this "ceremony". All the rest of our family participated except for one aunt and uncle out of state.

Afterwards, in talking with one of my brothers, he said he would never go to another one of them, and even his wife, who was supportive, said that she felt a bit uncomfortable when they smooched. The grandmother, who is my father's brother's wife, was drinking a little bit extra during the reception, and my cousin Mike, who is the father of this girl, was really troubled at the thought of this whole situation, per what my brother had told me.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Dean

lostANDfound

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 06:43:14 PM »

I think so many of us have been slowly lulled into worldly "tolerance" that we are neglecting to call sin what it is.  So maybe if I turn up the heat, it will bring things into sharper focus.  This is not hypothetical, there are a real-life mother and son in the USA who are trying to have laws changed to suit their incestuous relationship.  We KNOW that's a sin, right?  Please tell me the usual arguments don't soften the edges and make it easier to swallow in this case!  Please tell me we KNOW our response to that wedding invitation.  Like Dennis said, it's not a matter of judgement or love.  A blogger wrote powerful words about it, I don't think this is considered teaching but if it it please delete Moderators:

"It goes like this: The mother, Monica Mares, gave up her son, Caleb Peterson, for adoption when she was 19 and he was a baby. Their paths crossed again some 20 years later, and soon after that fateful reunion they decided to strike up a sexual relationship. Incest is still illegal in all 50 states, so one or both of them may wind up in prison for several months. They’ve now taken their plight public in hopes of rallying the most progressive and fearless members of our tolerant society to their defense.

They make a strangely familiar case. They say they are in love. They say their love is just as loving as anyone else’s love. They say they aren’t hurting anybody. They say they’re consenting adults. They say this is none of the government’s business."
He later states, "If that was good enough for gay “marriage,” why isn’t it good enough for a brother and sister or mother and son?"       -Matt Walsh   

Anyone squirming in their seats yet?
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 07:58:21 PM »

Thank you all for your input.

My niece had an abusive father who was also violent to my sister he is now out of the picture, he also treated her like a boy when she was growing up. My point is we're all a product of the grace of God. What chance did she have to develop her feminine nature? She is still a beautiful person with a kind gentle heart. She is still a child of God who will be reconciled to Him at an appointed time (Act 3:19-21, 1 Tim 2:3-6). I have no anger or hate in my heart anymore because of this hope. I don't need to judge others, I don't need to behave as sinfully as some others do but, I do sin, everyone does, there's none without sin. Is anyone on this forum without sin??? Is there a married man on this forum who can honestly say that he has NEVER EVER while being married looked upon another woman lustfully? Is there anyone on this forum who has never felt anger or hatred towards someone in their daily life?

Am I not to help a sinner? Am I not to be a god samaritan? Ray stated this on his paper, 'IS HOMOSEXUALITY A SIN FOR NEW TESTAMENT BELIEVERS?'

QUOTE: "The purpose of this paper is not to single out or come down upon homosexuals. I have never written a paper entitled: "Is Stealing a Sin for New Testament Believers?" or, "Is Bearing False Witness a Sin?" or, "Is Murder a Sin?" So why "homosexuality? Because more and more, the media, entertainment, the government, the Church, the general population of America and much of the world, no longer believes it is a sin to be discriminated against, whereas even the basest of nations have laws against stealing, false witness, and murder.

So, my purpose here is not to judge, but to specifically establish whether homosexuality is a sin or not a sin for Believers in Christ under the New Covenant." END QUOTE:

Also Ray wrote,

QUOTE: "Heterosexual men are just as weak when it comes to lusting after women, as homosexuals are when it comes to lusting after members of the same gender. The ONLY way that I know of to break these sins and have victory over them is for God to empower you with a greater motivation to live righteously than to live unrighteously. If what you desire to be is "good," then there is only One Source.":END QUOTE.

My niece is very happily in love with her partner and they want to commit themselves to each other for life that to me is at least more than some hetrosexual couples can be bothered to do. God knows full well my intentions in attending and my family know full well my views on homosexuality but, to condemn homosexuals for being who they are and their personal trials to me just isn't Christian. I know and trust that God WILL do a good work in my niece one day and she will be changed but for now she is who she is, we all are who we are, warts and all, and God still loves the world enough to send Jesus for us all.

I fully accept the will of God in my life, only His will is being done, He will not be second guessed by the likes of me or a 25 years old lesbian woman in love. He is working all things to His good pleasure. 

Ephesians 2:10-22,
"10/For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
11/Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands—
12/ remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
13/ But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14/ For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall,
15/ by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,
16/ and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity.
17/ AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR;
18/ for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.
19/ So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,
20/ having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone,
21/ in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit."

I believe that the tabernacle of God will not be complete till every human being that will ever live forms it like brick upon brick. We're all capable of much good as well as much evil, who is greater than another? Who has the plank and who has the splinter? When Jesus attended the wedding at Cana it is possible that it was a family member's wedding or at least a close friend of his mother's. Jesus made sure no one was embarrassed by the lack of wine, he made sure that the celebrations kept going by turning water into wine. Jesus saw past a person's sin, he saw what they will be through him one day.

Thank you all again for your views. May the love of Christ be in us and made apparent to those who know not of him yet by our love towards them.

(Rom 5:8),
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  :).

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 08:55:44 PM »

Stop trying to justify sinful behavior with other sinful behavior.

No believer, nor any carnal man, is your example. Jesus is your example and you are to imitate Him. He didn't dp those things you attempt to justify your behavior with. Sin is shameful and not to be excused. No one will enter tinhe kingdom of God with an attitude or behavior such as that.

Your cousin is a child of disobedience, and the wrath of God is upon all them. They are as of yet not the sons and daughters of God. God INTRODUCED His love to her while she is in her sins not for her to remains their with her sinful behavior, a lesson she will learn at the appointed time.

Consider the Word of God
Ephesians 5:1
1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Ephesians 2
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Colossians 3
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

No man can serve two masters. If you are lukewarm he will spit you out.

The only father those who walk after the ways of this world have is Satan who is the god of this present age.

John 8:43-45
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Israel of old celebrated other gods and lifestyles and it was a stern warning to all who would worship the true God. They were our example but to learn from, not to imitate their sinful behaviours and mistakes.

Proverbs 1:10 My son, if sinners entice you, Do not consent.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

In Christ,
Alex
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:17:00 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Terry

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »

This has been a great thread for me it has helped me examine my life , I read way more than I post and for good reason I know so little. I think I read here maybe that its not hard to know right from wrong the hard part is doing whats right, I think that's a true statement. I don't study like most of you do, I don't know how to find scriptures but one thing  I do know is that little  voice inside of me always lets me know the way I should go whether I listen or not. Heres an example I've been wresting with this  for a while, I talk on a CB radio to people all over the country and to do this you must have great equipment at least it helps and I have a Teck that doesn't believe in God I have no problem with that, the problem is he lies,he steals, and has the most foul mouth of about anybody I know, don't get me wrong i'm no saint or anybody special i'm a wretch my self, so that little voice has been speaking to me for some time now this is someone I don't need to be around but because I need him for my hobby I don't listen to that voice, also I realize the more i'm around him the less I'm around God I don't read here as much, it makes me feel lonely, that's not a good feeling,so for me I find if i'll just listen and if something doesn't feel right that little voice will lead me  down the right path, so its not knowing whats right its doing whats right that's hard, for me if I want to do something I can find some way to justified it, thank God for that little voice.
Terry
Terry

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 09:25:55 PM »

This i feel is relavent since Jesus' love keeps coming up.

http://bible-truths.com/WhyGodLovesYou.htm

A STARTLING REVELATION: GOD HATES SINNERS

There is no Scripture which states that God hates everyone even though everyone sins:

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23)

However, when sinning becomes a way of life, and the sins are of a certain magnitude and grossness, God hates the sinner as well as his sins.  Here are some examples:

"And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nations which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them" (Leviticus 20:23)

"If ye will not hearken unto Me, and will not do all these commandments ...My soul shall abhor you" (Lev. 26:14 & 30)

"For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD" (Deut. 18:12

"...all that do unrighteously are an abomination unto the LORD" (Deut. 25:16)

"They provoked Him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations they provoked Him to anger...and when the LORD saw it, and He abhorred them..." (Deut. 32:16 & 19)

"The foolish shall not stand in Thy sight: You hate all workers of iniquity..." (Psalm 5:5)

"...God is angry [Heb: 'enraged, abhorrence, abominable'] with the wicked every day" (Psalm 7:11)

"For the wicked boasts of his heart's desire, and... blesses the covetous, whom the LORD abhors" (Psalm 10:3)

"The Lord tries the righteous: but the wicked and him that loves violence His soul hates" (Psalm 11:5)

"When God heard this He was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel" (Psalm 78:59)

"For the froward [adverse, disobedient] is an abomination to the LORD" (Prov. 3:32)

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination to Him... A false witness that speaks lies, and he that sows discord among the brethren" (Prov. 6:16 & 19)

"If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, God's curse be upon him" (I Cor. 16:22, Moffatt Translation)

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that friendship of the world is enmity [hatred] with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is an enemy of God" (James 4:4)

So what is there about man that God loves? He hates man's sin and He hates the man who commits the sin. And that IS the way all human beings are. So what is left for God to love?

There is one Scripture that some might think contradicts the many Scriptures above stating that God hates sinners, and that verse is found in Rom. 5:8.

"But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Doesn't this verse prove that God does love us, even while we are continuing to sin? No, it doesn't. It may sound that way, but let's take a closer look.

God doesn't love those who practice sinning as a way of life. He introduced His love to them but as I said, not so they can contnue in that lifestyle but to repent and be transformed.

God bless,
Alex

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 09:39:06 PM »

lostandfound:

I saw that story you referenced, and yes it is disgusting, and yet not surprising. I have believed for quite some time now, after that gay marriage ruling came down, that it was only a matter of time before the slippery slope of sin would lead to further debauchery in this society. I hope the Lord returns soon, because it is my opinion that if He doesn't return within around 20 years time or so, just like with gay marriage, things like pedophilia and beastiality would also be recognized as "legitimate lifestyles". Just like all the other ancient empires of this world, such as Babylon and Rome, America will also be brought to her knees. "Woe unto them that call evil good and good evil" (Isaiah 5:20).

Dean

Joel

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »

These scriptures may help.

Exodus 23:7-Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.

1st Thessalonians 5:22-From everything wicked to perception, abstain.

James 1:27-Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, AND TO KEEP HIMSELF UNSPOTTED FROM THE WORLD.

Joel

Kat

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 10:22:43 PM »

2Co 6:17  Therefore, "Get away from them and separate yourselves from them," declares the Lord, "and don't touch anything unclean. Then I will welcome you. (ISV)

I do not believe that it is showing superiority or a claim that we are perfect to not be present at an event/ceremony that is clearly condemned in the Scripture, such as homosexual wedding. When it says be "separate" then it's not okay to go along with something if you think you have good reason to. As a believer and a follower of Christ we have to put obeying Christ even before our families.

Mat 10:37  He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

Mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:28:46 AM by Kat »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 12:23:45 AM »

Another point comes to mind.

God alone decides what is right and wrong, good and evil.  God created mankind male and female.

Human beings can argue back and forth about homosexual marriage, as we have seen in recent years.

But God has the only judgment that matters.  God's judgment will decide this issue.

octoberose

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 02:03:02 AM »

Jimi- you'll see if you read the prior thread  on this subject I was rather vocal. I know you mean well, but for the life of me I'll never understand people who know the Truth of God being so willing to subsitute worldly wisdom for Godly wisdom.  I just don't see the difference between condoning and  attending. You don't owe a website fellowship a reason or justification- but you wrote to ask for counsel and then scolded those who tried to give it. Jesus plainly told us what marriage is-  a man and his wife.  Is that judging? You bet my old Baptist hymnal it is.  There is plenty of judging in the Scripture.  We cannot judge a heart but we can judge actions and this action is plain to see. Least you think I'm heartless and clueless, this subject affects me closely.  I will probably lose all contact with a loved one if I refuse to attend a  'gay wedding. But my relatives are not my god as I have stated before and nothing has changed since I first said that.
 Some people in our group will be offended and upset by those of us who state this plainly. I wish I could prevent that but I cannot. I wish I could tell those who have same sex attraction that I am no better then you and I have compassion on you. I wish no harm on you and pray that God will have mercy on you in every way. That just doesn't change the Truth that those who walk in sexual sin are not walking with God. 
 Jimi you stated that your niece is a child of God. No, she is not. Not yet. She is a creation of God, but she lives in  willful disobedience and she is not His child. I feel pretty sure Ray talked about that specifically but perhaps someone else can find it for you.
 Love is not sweet and sentimental and placating. Love is - well,  the exact opposite of what the world around us is showing us.
 In the end, who do you serve?   Who do we all serve? We must decide every day.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 03:57:26 AM by octoberose »

Extol

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 10:56:19 AM »

Jimi,

It sounds like your mind is already made up, but I will offer my opinion anyway:

As I said before in the thread Alex shared, there is a big difference between being friends/acquaintances (or in your case, loving uncle) with a homosexual person, and actively supporting/celebrating the person's homosexuality.

You're trying to make excuses for your niece's lifestyle by bringing up her past. Yes, her upbringing may have a lot to do with it. It's elementary to all of us here that we don't have free will and are products of our environments and circumstances. That doesn't excuse sin. If I invite you over to my house to celebrate my lust, will you say "Yeah I'll come support you. After all, you were born male so can't help it. You're a product of God's grace, He loves us all!"

No, there is not a married man here who has not had lustful thoughts--especially not me. But there also has not been a thread where one of us asked the others to come along on an excursion to the beach and spend the day lusting after women. Come show your support for my adultery, brothers!

You're getting sucked into the tolerance trap that Vicki talked about: It doesn't hurt anybody, they love each other, God loves them, we all are sinners, eventually God will change us all....It sounds like you have a really good relationship with your niece, and maybe you're afraid of losing that. There's nothing wrong with loving your niece, but do you love her more than you love God?

P.S. How in the world is it being a "good Samaritan" to your niece by attending her wedding?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 24 queries.