bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does God hear my prayer?  (Read 4220 times)

lauriellen

Does God hear my prayer?
« on: August 29, 2016, 08:49:47 PM »

Lately, my mind has been thinking so much about the elect of God. I have felt drawn to REALLY pray for them, whomever they may be. I believe the scriptures give us a clear picture that their life will be extremely difficult and not many of them will have strength or wisdom, they will not be from noble families or well liked. I believe, like Jesus, the world may even esteem them as being cursed and many will lead a very lonely life. I believe that these elect will be the most humble among humanity, knowing that they have not earned their place among the elect and it is all Gods doing. They have the hardest most important job imaginable, to be Saviors to billions of traumatized, broken and confused humans who need to be taught righteousness. Their compassion and empathy could only come from their own experience of suffering. Which brings me to my point. A member mentioned in another thread  that God only hears the prayers of the elect and does not hear the prayers of those who are not. So, if I am not an elect, and I am praying for Gods elect, does God not hear my prayer? Does God hear or honor any of the prayers of the 'called' or does He only hear and honor the prayers of the 'chosen'? If I feel overwhelming drawn to pray, is this an indication that God is urging me to pray and will hear me?
Thanks.
Lauri

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Does God hear my prayer?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 09:37:45 PM »

All humble people I have met are humble because they have a lot to be humble about.

Especially humble religious people who are a bunch of phony fakes.  They like to tell you how humble they are and what good works they do.  I would like to drown them in a bucket of their dripping humility.

The Scriptures tell us who are the true humble-----those who tremble at the Word of God.

The dummy who said that God only hears the prayers of the Elect is wrong.  No one tells God what to do.  God knows all and hears all prayers and petitions.  He doesn't answer all prayers because most pray for selfish reasons to benefit themselves or their loved ones.  Some pray this way.  Some pray another way.  But there is only Yahweh.

God only answers one prayer.  The Father's will be done.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 09:47:50 PM »

All humble people I have met are humble because they have a lot to be humble about.

Especially humble religious people who are a bunch of phony fakes.  They like to tell you how humble they are and what good works they do.  I would like to drown them in a bucket of their dripping humility.

The Scriptures tell us who are the true humble-----those who tremble at the Word of God.

The dummy who said that God only hears the prayers of the Elect is wrong.  No one tells God what to do.  God knows all and hears all prayers and petitions.  He doesn't answer all prayers because most pray for selfish reasons to benefit themselves or their loved ones.  Some pray this way.  Some pray another way.  But there is only Yahweh.

God only answers one prayer.  The Father's will be done.

:)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

octoberose

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 10:58:52 PM »

Lauriellen, what else can we do but love the Lord with all our heart, minds and souls and love our neighbor as ourselves? What else can we do but pray, as John said, for the Father's will be done? What else can be do but confess our sins and repent - turn the other way and do better? I've thought about this subject a lot in all these years of being here and sometimes we go round and round with it. I went back and read a thread concerning the elect from two years ago - I read my comment and didn't even understand what I said!   But you believe that Jesus is the firstborn of God. You believe that He died - really died- and then God rose Him. You believe in in the gifts and power of His  holy Spirit. You know there is only one God . You believe that God will be All in All and that Christ is the Savior of All.  All of that may not make you an elect, but it does mean that He has drawn you in a way He has drawn very few in this life.
 So just keep praying your prayers and don't let worry about this rob you of your joy in Him. That's what I decided to do.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:41:25 AM »

Whatever you feel you should pray about then you should pray about it. I do what Ray said here even though I do it far less than I should. I don't know if I get it right and I'm sure many times I don't but God's will be done and that comforts me as I don't get what is going on around me or what I should pray for but He has it all in hand.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3367.msg25044.html#msg25044

Ray,

I just stumbled onto your site and I like what I’ve been reading.  I just want to know in this day and time where we are always running to and fro, how often or how long should we pray.  I know the bible says that we should always pray and not faint, and men should always pray without ceasing.  But since we are working full time jobs and taking care of our families, how does one get in good quality time with God and really hear what he is saying?

IHS,

Doug

Dear Doug:

If you think that you must be in a literal closet, on your literal knees, or you can't pray, what would you do if you were drowning in the middle of the ocean?  You can pray on your knees, in a closet (although I know of no one who prays in a closet), in any room of the house, in your car, at work, and while you are going to sleep in your bed. I pray all day long as need or inspiration arises. I pray about everything. I thank God for everything. I ask God to bless everyone who comes to our forum, etc.  Don't pray by the clock!  Pray according to what is needful to pray about WHEN it is needful to pray about it.

God be with you,

Ray

Keep seeking His truth as that is what it's really about.

Rhys
🤫

Terry

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 01:31:51 PM »

I pray when things are not going to good, I pray when things are going good, that's when its easy and sometimes I don't think about praying at all, but it seems I always meditate on the Lord I can't help it, the other night I woke from sleep about 2 or 3 in the morning and this song I learned when I was going to church goes something like this Jesus,Jesus,Jesus theres just something about that name,i started to sing real low as not to wake my wife, well i'll tell you that was such a special moment I was crying and the presents of God was on me that I could hardly bare it the love I felt was unbelievable can't explain it, I just wish I could experience moments like  that more often. Love my brothers and sisters here at BT.
P.S. i'd like everyone here that feels led to pray,pray for my spiritual weakness
Terry
Terry

Doug

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 02:57:05 PM »

Lauri,

Not sure I am one of the elect however appreciate your prayers. Life has been difficult lately but know all I have to do is endure to the end. It's good that we support and pray for one another.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 04:20:32 PM »

Lauri:

You gave a wonderful example of what life is like for many people as an elect of the Most High.

Dean
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.