bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The forum and I-Phones  (Read 3663 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
The forum and I-Phones
« on: August 30, 2016, 09:01:28 PM »

Can anybody explain to me how the forum works on an I-phone?  I am WAAY behind on telephonic technology.  One-ringy-dingy.  Two-ringy-dingy.

Specifically, I'd like to know about "logging on" and whether the phone saves your log-in info and reuses it (like the browser will on my PC), but anything you can tell me about how the forum software works on an I-phone would be appreciated.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

Re: The forum and I-Phones
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:58:57 PM »

Can anybody explain to me how the forum works on an I-phone?  I am WAAY behind on telephonic technology.  One-ringy-dingy.  Two-ringy-dingy.

Specifically, I'd like to know about "logging on" and whether the phone saves your log-in info and reuses it (like the browser will on my PC), but anything you can tell me about how the forum software works on an I-phone would be appreciated.

Hi Dave,

I don't have an iphone, I have a samsung 7, however, the way It works for me is, I use the provided internet browser application. I browse over to bibletruths, get to the forums, click the login like I would on my computer, enter in my information, and it saves the information or gives me the option to and I hit yes. That way it remembers it whenever I browse over again.

Hopefully that helps somewhat!

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »

Hi Dave, did you figure it out? You have to connect to wi-fi to get on the internet and then get to BT.

To connect to Wi-Fi:
1.Tap Settings.
2.Tap Wi-Fi.
3.Switch Wi-Fi on.
4.Available Wi-Fi networks will appear under Choose a Network...
5.Tap on the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
6.Enter the wireless password and tap Join. You should now be connected to the internet.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 05:16:36 PM »

Thanks, all.  Those are helpful.  This isn't for me.  I still don't have one or even want one.  But we get the occasional request for new memberships who try to register or connect with their Smart-phones and I'm useless in helping out.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Abednego

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 10:14:32 PM »

Hi Dave. I never use my iPhone, but tried it specifically for this post. I logged in and chose the forever option as you would on a computer. When I opened the browser again it remembered me multiple times. If you switch to private browsing, it will not remember you.
Dan 3:17  If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »

Hi Dave.

Don't know if this will be helpful but... ::)
And I just bought an ipad so I'm still learning.

i-pads can be had with either a WiFi connection or a cellular connection or both.
If a person has both then they can connect to other computers via cellular telephone much the same way one connects via WiFi. The advantage to the Cellular connection is that the range is much greater and just needs proximity to a telephone Cell tower which could be a couple of miles or more and in cities is probably saturation everywhere.
Of course with WiFi one is not charged for all their minutes as we are on Cellular.

Ole iBob  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.