bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Called and Called Out  (Read 4369 times)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Called and Called Out
« on: August 31, 2016, 01:27:36 PM »

My thoughts are so jumbled up I hope i can say what i'm thinking, this is about being called and not chosen I know we can't no who the chosen are until the resurrection,

Mat 13:2  And there were gathered unto him great multitudes, so that he entered into a boat, and sat; and all the multitude stood on the beach.
Mat 13:3  And he spake to them many things in parables, saying, Behold, the sower went forth to sow;
Mat 13:4  and as he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the birds came and devoured them:
Mat 13:5  and others fell upon the rocky places, where they had not much earth: and straightway they sprang up, because they had no deepness of earth:
Mat 13:6  and when the sun was risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
Mat 13:7  And others fell upon the thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked them:
Mat 13:8  and others fell upon the good ground, and yielded fruit, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
Mat 13:9  He that hath ears, let him hear,

So is Jesus talking about the seed [word] that was sown in the many as I have always thought this was what that meant because he is teaching to the many here.

So I have always believed as the world does about religion until I found my way here at BT and after months of studying I believe Gods word with all my heart, so my question is can we be called and then called out as I feel I have been called out of this worlds belief system as I feel I have eyes and ears to see and hear to a degree, i feel certain of this, I have never looked back.

So what scares me about this Parable is about the called or the called out is some how it could be possible that I could fall by the way side just the thought of that breaks my heart, since coming to BT and learning these wonderful truths of God I have always felt that God is always with me even when I have went down the wrong road but even that is part of our learning experience, thanks for any help.
Terry
Terry

lilitalienboi16

Re: Called and Called Out
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 02:54:06 PM »

Hi Terry,

I didnt get through all your post so my responce may not satisfy your question but we can know if we are chosen. What we can't know is who the elect are because they are those who remained faithful and endured to the end. Seeing as none of us have 'endured to the end, (as we are still alive nor has Jesus  yet returned)' it would be a little hard to determine who is called, chosen, and faithful--The Elect. Remember the wheat and the tares grow together until the end.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:56:49 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Terry

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 05:07:38 PM »

Thanks Alex, ok that helps some, so we can know that we are called, chosen and faithful, but until the end we can't know who the elect are, got that, so what in this world could cause me to be unfaithful? or am I even faithful now, would going back to believing as I did before be it, I just don't know, this I think I do know I want to love God with all my heart, some of my family including my mother have shunned me to a degree they think i'm in a cult some family members won't visit anymore, this is very important to me as it makes me feel sick to my stomach to think I could turn back.

The truth is I don't think about being the elect to much , I just want to know what I know right now I want to know and love Jesus and feel his love as I do now, there's nothing from my former life before BT that I want, i'm still rough around the edges and still have much to learn but Jesus has brought me far from where I was, so I guess I need to learn what being faithful really means, i'll be 64 yrs. old in Jan. and don't have as much time as I've had, to know and serve Jesus the best way I can is all that matters to me at this point of my life.
Terry

Terry

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 05:26:49 PM »

Hi Terry, I believe Jesus gave us that parable to show how many people do get a glimpse of the actual truth, yet for all sorts of reason they cannot endure and we actually can see that in all the people who come through this forum. Now I'm sure some of those just stop posting and actually I believe there are some that join and never post. But there must be a great amount that come for awhile and then just turn away and you can tell this as our members number does not grow, for the most part those leaving are just replaced by those newly coming in.

But the thing is those that turn away from this truth, for what ever reason, were never elect to start with... that is what I believe the parable is showing us. What I mean is that many see this truth and embrace it, but without the Spirit of God they have nothing of their own means that they can endure all the trials and temptations that will surely come. It's all of God... one of the greatest lies of this world is the idea that we can determine our own fate.

But if you are seeing these truths and are continuing to have a desire to cling to God's truth and learn more, then you have a real hope. Sure we will stumble at times, God uses those as leaning lessons to teach us. You just have to keep trying to do the best you can do, that's all any of us can do.

Heb 6:19  This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil,

Rom 5:5  Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Just know that you have come further than almost all of humanity in knowing what truth really is, that in itself is huge. So hold onto that hope and push all those negative thoughts of the adversary out of your mind, worrying about things you have no control over serve no good purpose. But gain confidence in the knowledge that if you are meant to be chosen nothing can prevent it, rest on that hope!

John 10:27  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
v. 28  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
v. 29  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

1Peter 1:13  Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Rom 15:13  Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
v. 39  nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:29:17 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »

Terry, if you don't fall away and keep the faith, I believe you are in vs. 8.

No doubt you've read or heard it before, but here's a link or two.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 08:02:36 PM »

Terry:

I pray to the Lord every day that He would cause me to endure to the end. It's the Lord causing me to pray that prayer as well. If the Lord wills, talk to Him!   :)

Dean

Flanagan

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »

Prov 24:16 " For a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity." If you haven't fallen away from God completely in your lifetime you will before it's over. But a righteous man will rise again. I read that in BT somewhere. Ray also in the article shared that scripture in Jude 24 " Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling"  Or Lord is able to keep us from stumbling so I reconfirm my commitment to him daily. I was one who join the forum 15 or 20 years ago and never posted once. But I rejoined just recently because something happened while I was sharing some BT truths with my son, I think God was trying to go after a stray, Me. Pray constantly Brother   

Terry

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 04:32:29 PM »

Thank you all for the help , I would like to say the links you sent Dave were awesome every thing i wanted to know and more, well haven't read second one yet still soaking in first one what a love story, while reading the first one I find my self in jaw dropping awe, what a study and how bout that Ray what a teacher, I can't put in to words how God had blessed him to be able to write the way he did , so that even some one as simple as me can understand, i'm half way through it, going back to the beginning and start over I just love it, as I said what a love story and i'm in it every where,i read about 3 hrs. yesterday went to bed about 10.30 PM was still a wake at 2.30 thinking about what I had read, like I said what a love story.
Terry
Terry

santgem

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 03:40:19 AM »

Hi Terry,
Greetings!

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Even though it speaks about what we will eat or drink, or about our body, or about to wear, but in totality it speaks about our life.

do not worry about our life, even that you are being called and not chosen.

Remember

Patriarchs are being called but not chosen, Even King David....they will be cleansed by God together with the help of the Elect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.