bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giving thanks for all things?  (Read 15572 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Giving thanks for all things?
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2016, 02:27:01 AM »

Our greatest example in all things is Christ Himself.  So, my question is, when did Jesus Thank God for the death he was about to suffer? He submitted himself to his Father for sure- but did He say anything remotely like, " thank you Father for choosing me to bear the sin of the world so I can suffer and die a hideous death. Gee, I'm just so blessed."   Nope , i just dont recall that. The only thing He wanted less than dying on that cross was to not fulfill the will of God and leave us all without a sacrificial lamb. At least that is how I see it. 

John from Kentucky

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2016, 05:33:48 AM »

This is confusing and personal to me because I don't know how to 'give thanks in all things'.  For example, how do I 'thank Him' for taking away Ray when he had so much more to teach us?  The pain he experienced was part of the death process He gave him.  So I don't really buy into thanking Him for removing Ray from this pain.  Maybe if all of you can tell me how you personally thank God for Ray's death and his exit from your life I will develop a better understanding and learn how to be thankful for it too.  Thanks!

Death is not a big deal.  Jesus taught us death is sleep.  But who believes Jesus?   A basic teaching of the Scriptures is the resurrection of the dead.  As easy as we wake from sleep, just as easily God wakes us from death.

Also, Ray did not have more to teach us.  No human is important.  God is all important.  God teaches us and gives us life.  All thanks and glory goes to the Great God.

Kat

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2016, 02:07:04 PM »

Our greatest example in all things is Christ Himself.  So, my question is, when did Jesus Thank God for the death he was about to suffer? He submitted himself to his Father for sure- but did He say anything remotely like, " thank you Father for choosing me to bear the sin of the world so I can suffer and die a hideous death. Gee, I'm just so blessed."   Nope , i just dont recall that. The only thing He wanted less than dying on that cross was to not fulfill the will of God and leave us all without a sacrificial lamb. At least that is how I see it.

Matt 26:27  Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you.
V. 28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:23  Then He took the cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all drank from it.
V. 24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many

This life in the flesh is a temporary thing, not something we should cling to beyond the purpose God has destined us all for. Jesus was here to fulfill a purpose, which He did... and Ray obviously fulfilled his purpose as well, God would not have taken him before his time was up. We all will live the exact length of time God has designated for us, not one day more or less.

Our hope is beyond this physical existence, we are looking to the kingdom, the spirit life in and with Christ. Like Paul was saying we remain here and do what we need to do, but our real desire is to be with Christ in His kingdom.

2Cor 5:1  For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
V. 2  For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven,
V. 3  if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked.
V. 4  For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.
V. 5  Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
V. 6  So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.

Mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 06:02:18 PM by Kat »

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2016, 04:59:23 PM »

This is confusing and personal to me because I don't know how to 'give thanks in all things'.  For example, how do I 'thank Him' for taking away Ray when he had so much more to teach us?  The pain he experienced was part of the death process He gave him.  So I don't really buy into thanking Him for removing Ray from this pain.  Maybe if all of you can tell me how you personally thank God for Ray's death and his exit from your life I will develop a better understanding and learn how to be thankful for it too.  Thanks!

Okay it is probably me that is messed up and emotional over events like this.  This is a major struggle for me and maybe for others too.  Maybe nobody wants to share their handling of Ray's death and being thankful for it.  Maybe none of you are thankful for it, yet putting on a good front.  Maybe I don't deserve a direct answer either as from time to time, you have been here for a long time know, I can be at times a bit of a dic.  I can accept that, but I believe if I can gain understanding and thankfulness for Ray's death it will greatly help me in dealing with other life crises events.  If you wish to help me out then thanks and if not well I understand.  I won't push anymore!

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2016, 05:30:19 PM »

Fester, I can't pinpoint a time when I "gave thanks" for Ray's death during the event itself and the aftermath.  But then, I don't say "thank you" that much more than I say "Why did you let that happen?"--which isn't much anymore.  I'd rather BE thankful, than say THANKS.  BEING thankful takes more time.  Maybe that's where you are.

I AM thankful that Ray isn't suffering.  And I AM thankful that I can believe what Kat shared.  Hasn't always been that way.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2016, 05:49:06 PM »

Well Fester,

Ray was just a man. We don't follow any man. We have one we follow, the Lord Jesus Christ. Ray's passing was emotional for everyone when it happened. But we are not without hope like those who don't believe. As paul said,

1 Thes 4:13-18
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

And we are certainly not to remain where we are, becoming stagnant in our walk, but continue forward ever striving for the Lord.

Hebrews 5:11-14
11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

I am certainly thankful for ray's life and there is nothing left unsaid by ray that God did not plan should be said. As Kat said, our days are appointed, the bounderies of our habitation are established and they cannot be moved nor can we go beyond them. God's plan is perfect.

While we may not be thankful for the evil we experience, we are certainly thankful that God afflicts us in righteousness and that His wounds are faithful. We are thankful that we are partakers of the chastisement that we should not be ******** but heir's. We are thankful that the evil we experience is producing in us an ever increasing weight of aionion glory. We are thankful that He is doing this all for our benefit that all humanity may become as Him.

I'm a bit baffled that you would think we are putting on a front. Do you think we fellowship here to decieve one another? What purpose would this serve? All things said I beleive are said with sincerity though we certainly can say things which are sincerely wrong at times but nevertheless in sincerety and this is all part of the learning and growing process.

Indeed, Iron sharpens Iron, and we are daily exhorting and encouraging one another, Lord willing.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 05:58:08 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

dave

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2016, 07:43:31 PM »

I give thanks for all things. Everything comes from Him and He is love and love is Good. Yes a mystery....to us...He does not do anything without His Wisdom. But that is just me trying to understand.  :)

Flanagan

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2016, 08:39:27 PM »

James 1: 13 - 17 " Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted by God". Job 1: 6-12 " Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came in among them".
Some of the reasons we see so much evil in the world.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2016, 09:37:16 PM »

Someone help me please. Where are we commanded to 'give thanks for/in all things'?

If you were at the hospital the last week of Ray's life you would have prayed for him to die.

When he did die it was anticlimactic for me and his wife. We were both very grateful it was over.

We are not allowed to shorten someone's life in the US. Even if they are in great pain and there is zero chance of them surviving.

The doctor told us Ray was on the absolute maximum amount of drugs to keep him unconscious. He said if he gave him even a little more of the drug it would stop his heart and he was not allowed to do that.

But what they do is withhold water and they die of thirst. It took Ray about four days to die of thirst once they decided to withhold water.

One time a nurse came in to change Ray's position to keep him from getting bed sores. When she moved him just a little he cried out in pain. I told her bed sores were the least of his problems and to just let him be, which she did. Maxed out on all those drugs and he still felt intense pain when moved just a little.

I give Manulia a lot of credit. She stayed with him all that time. She only got to go home and get cleaned up, eat, etc. when I came to relieved her (but a few others also visited). I was at the hospital no more than four hours a time and even that was hard to take.

Kat

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2016, 10:00:21 PM »

Okay it is probably me that is messed up and emotional over events like this.  This is a major struggle for me and maybe for others too.  Maybe nobody wants to share their handling of Ray's death and being thankful for it.  Maybe none of you are thankful for it, yet putting on a good front.  Maybe I don't deserve a direct answer either as from time to time, you have been here for a long time know, I can be at times a bit of a dic.  I can accept that, but I believe if I can gain understanding and thankfulness for Ray's death it will greatly help me in dealing with other life crises events.  If you wish to help me out then thanks and if not well I understand.  I won't push anymore!

Well I was so thankful to know Ray and I gained so much from all he shared with us. I was very sad when he died, it's so hard to lose somebody you know and care a great deal about. I struggled with that idea he would not be teaching us anymore... but I eventually came to realize that God had determined that he had served his purpose and it was Ray's time to rest till resurrection, who am I to say that was not right and good?

So I was forced to step up my own studies, to apply the many study tools I had learned from Ray and proceed forward. Now I have come to realized I should not continually rely on a man for all I need to know about truth... at some point I have to turn to Christ alone to teach me and also believe He will. And I can tell you the truth, I have never felt closer to Christ than since I have sought His guidance and understanding of the Scripture on my own.

Now would I say I'm 'thankful' that Ray died, well more like I'm thankful for what he accomplish while he lived and what I gained from him, that all ended in God's perfect timing. So since Ray has died the relationship I have developed with Christ has grown so much, so what can I say, I'm incredibly thankful for that... I sure appreciated Ray, now I'm even more grateful for what I have come to have with Christ.

Mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:53:17 AM by Kat »

cheekie3

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2016, 02:34:23 AM »

Fester -

You are obviously looking for answers.

To me, we should all be grateful for life, and be grateful to the Giver of Life (not just ours, but every life, including mankind).

We are truly Blessed on this Forum, as those that were and are inspired to share The Truths of God do indeed help us all.

Ray was obviously in love with the Giver of Life, and was like a bulldog in his search for more and more of the Giver of Life's Truths.

We should be grateful for the revelations granted to Ray by the Giver of Life; and to Ray himself who dedicated his life to bring us these Scriptural Truths - and to the others who support this site and Forum; including all those who supported Ray (his wife Manuella (who daily suffers tremendous pain) and Dennis, and all the others).

We know that all of us are in His Hands, and that our Lives are as He Wills, including what we should suffer, who we should touch, who we should help, how long we live, and the exact moment that we are to die.

I hope this helps you a little in your quest for His answers to you.

Kind Regards.

George

octoberose

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2016, 02:26:37 AM »

Fester, I am not the least bit grateful that Ray died. I have wondered often why God chose to take one who so clearly had a heart and mind to hear Him. However, I accept his death and I accept that God gives and He takes away.
  Interstingly, I think Ray was 70 years old. Here's  what Psalms 90 says about that,
" The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away. "
 I did want to ask about Rays last days, but felt that it would be inconsiderate .  Thank you Dennis for sharing . I hate he had to suffer so~ but as soon as he wakes up there will be a big big smile on his face. And we can meet in person and all the sorrow will be a shadow of itself . Its going to be great.  :)

Brenda

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2016, 03:19:33 AM »

After Ray's death, I came to realize that GOD is indeed moving this forum and its members, GOD is now working directly with you, me and all on this forum.  He gave us Ray, and now He is giving us HIMSELF.  Coming out of Babylon is the hardest thing to do, leaving all the carnality behind.  GOD gave us Ray to guide us away from the carnality into the spiritual.  I thank GOD everyday for blessing me with this website, its members and all off Ray's teachings.  I always say, GOD does things in mysterious ways.  I believe that some of the forum members are here for exactly the same purpose (guidance into the truth).  As Kat says " So I was forced to step up my own studies, to apply the many study tools I had learned from Ray and proceed forward."  Now that we know the truth, we should seek and study even harder.  This is what is required of ALL OF US.  I pray GOD will open your eyes and ears and that you too will understand that it is not of man but of GOD.
Love always

narroway

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2016, 04:12:27 AM »

Kat, the Lord always uses you to touch my heart.  Your last comments to Fester is so true.
I never had the pleasure of meeting Ray and I thought I would get a chance to make a conference before he died, but it wasn't meant to be. I was sad at hearing of his death. But as you said the Lord left us so much study material and tools thru Ray. Now the Lord to develop in us good study habits as we seek Him with our whole heart I pray.
I pray for the forum and the people God guides this way. The Forum and the Moderators are such a blessing to my life.
I don't comment often, but some subjects I am compelled to say something.
God's love and Grace to all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.