bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the lake of fire part 16 e  (Read 4387 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
the lake of fire part 16 e
« on: September 08, 2016, 01:51:32 AM »

A SPIRITUAL SIDEBAR: "AND THE SEA GAVE UP THE DEAD"

There are dozens and dozens of symbolic words connected to virtually every subject I write about, and it is not possible to delve into all of them, as my papers would become extremely lengthy and time-consuming to write. However, I would like to take a little diversion at this point to show how many seemingly unrelated phrases and Scriptures can be brought together to build a unified order and oneness to our understanding. Just such a phrase is: "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it..." (Rev. 20:13).

We were just told in verse 12 that "I saw the dead small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened..." This is the Great White Throne Judgment (Verse 11), so doesn't this phrase the dead small and great include all people? Surely a category that includes the "small" and the "great" would include all people that are remaining, not? Well, maybe not. I can see the "small" as being the young, the innocent, the infants (none of which will be in the first resurrection to reign with Christ), and the "great" could include such as the fathers and patriarchs of old who are no longer considered among the most evil and wicked UN-believers. Abraham was a "great" believer and the "Father of the Faithful," remember. But the infants will not always be innocent as they mature, neither were the fathers always faithful in their checkered past.

And so we are given another spiritual symbol (another category?) by the phrase the sea gave up the dead which were in it. And this phrase can help us understand the two categories of Judgment: The House of God NOW, and the wicked and unbelieving at the Great White Throne. Two categories, two people, two callings, two different judgment periods.

"And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment [a symbolic of righteousness]; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind" (Rev. 4:4-6).

Notice that there are an additional ten symbols in this one single verse. But for now, what does this sea of glass symbolically represent? Here's another reference:

"And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints" (Rev. 15:1-3).

What in the world does this strange symbolism signify?

"And he says unto me, The waters ['and the gathering together of the waters called He Seas' � Gen. 1:10] which you saw, where the whore sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues" (Rev. 17:15).

The "sea" represents people, multitudes, nations, and tongues. And before the Throng of God we see a beautiful sea of glass. And standing on this sea of glass are those who had gotten victory over the beast, his image, his mark, and his name. This sea is now calm and clean and clear and beautiful, like a sea of glass. This represents God's Elect who have overcome the beast within and the beast without, and are now before the throne of God ready to reign with Christ (See Rev. 20:4). But what of the sea of Rev. 20:13? They are spiritually dead, and represent something quit different.

Contrasted with the sea of glass like unto crystal, we have the following description of another sea, by the apostle Jude:

"Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever [Gk: 'an eon']" (Jude 1:13).

The wicked are like raging waves of the sea. Isaiah concurs:

"But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt" (Isa. 57:20).

Mankind at his worst is likened in Scripture to a beast:

"I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts" (Ecc. 3:18).

And THIRTY-SIX times (6 X 6) God calls Babylon a "WILD BEAST" in the book of Revelation (See Concordant Literal New Testament). Jude puts them both together: "brute beasts and raging waves of the sea."

Photo: Gregory Guida

"Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as BRUTE BEASTS, in those things they corrupt themselves. Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; RAGING WAVES OF THE SEA, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever [for the eon]" (Jude 1:8-13).

Not a pretty picture of humanity. This is not speaking of just a few evil men that crept into the congregation of Christ's Church. This short book of Jude is speaking of two classes, two kinds, of people--believers and non-believers, those saved and those destroyed:

"I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not" (Jude 5).

Notice it: those saved and those destroyed. These represent the entire race. These represent the entire world of humanity coming up in two resurrections: "The resurrection of the JUST and the UNJUST." Clearly the "raging waves of the sea" represent the "brute beasts" that have "corrupted themselves." "Foaming out their shame..." Jude tells us. What is this but Daniel's prophecy of all such filthy dreamers coming into eonian shame and judgment:

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting [eonian] life, and some to shame and everlasting [eonian] contempt" (Dan. 12:2).

These brute beasts, these ranging waves of the sea, MUST BE TAMED, until they become a beautiful, crystal, clear sea of glass.

"And I saw another sign in heaven...And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God" (Rev. 15:1 & 2).

Yes, these are the Elect of God who are now before the Throne of God and are standing on a beautiful crystal clear sea of glass. They have been tamed. They have conquered the beast within and the beast of Babylon without. They are shown victorious over the beast, his image, his mark and his name, but it came at a price. Did you notice the words "sea of glass mingled with FIRE?" Yes, the world must go through the fire, the lake of fire/second death, and so must God's Elect. But here they are pictured SAFE (saved) not unlike when Jesus calmed the sea and saved His Own disciples from the raging waves of the sea. When there is no faith, the beast appears, and the sea rages.

And He [Jesus] arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And He said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith." (Mark 4:39-40)   

i have been rereading the lof series for the past year and just finished reading the new testament again. trying to pay attention to all of the words. now that i am divorced i have been able to commit more time to reading. but i have to confess i don't even remember reading this particular section of the lof part 16e. when i read it again last night, it was like it was the first time i had even seen it before. the scripture references ray mentions towards the end of this "side bar" from jude, isaiah, and ecclesiastes were scriptures i have read before throughout the years, however, i never tied them together with the symbols in revelations regarding the sea and beast. and i truly never read mark 4:39-40 with eyes to see that this scripture is a physical type of the spiritual imagery in revelations of the raging sea, and how it is only through Christ that it will ever be tamed.

i just found this little study within the bigger study to be such a blessing to me. i felt like my Father's Spirit hit me up aside of my head and shined the Light of Truth in my eyes.

claudia
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:56:39 AM by cjwood »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: the lake of fire part 16 e
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 02:34:55 AM »

i just found this little study within the bigger study to be such a blessing to me. i felt like my Father's Spirit hit me up aside of my head and shined the Light of Truth in my eyes.

*BONK*  blink-blink.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cheekie3

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 05:09:13 AM »

Claudia -

Thank you for sharing this wonderful revelation:

A SPIRITUAL SIDEBAR: "AND THE SEA GAVE UP THE DEAD"

There are dozens and dozens of symbolic words connected to virtually every subject I write about, and it is not possible to delve into all of them, as my papers would become extremely lengthy and time-consuming to write. However, I would like to take a little diversion at this point to show how many seemingly unrelated phrases and Scriptures can be brought together to build a unified order and oneness to our understanding. Just such a phrase is: "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it..." (Rev. 20:13).

We were just told in verse 12 that "I saw the dead small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened..." This is the Great White Throne Judgment (Verse 11), so doesn't this phrase the dead small and great include all people? Surely a category that includes the "small" and the "great" would include all people that are remaining, not? Well, maybe not. I can see the "small" as being the young, the innocent, the infants (none of which will be in the first resurrection to reign with Christ), and the "great" could include such as the fathers and patriarchs of old who are no longer considered among the most evil and wicked UN-believers. Abraham was a "great" believer and the "Father of the Faithful," remember. But the infants will not always be innocent as they mature, neither were the fathers always faithful in their checkered past.

And so we are given another spiritual symbol (another category?) by the phrase the sea gave up the dead which were in it. And this phrase can help us understand the two categories of Judgment: The House of God NOW, and the wicked and unbelieving at the Great White Throne. Two categories, two people, two callings, two different judgment periods.

"And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment [a symbolic of righteousness]; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind" (Rev. 4:4-6).

Notice that there are an additional ten symbols in this one single verse. But for now, what does this sea of glass symbolically represent? Here's another reference:

"And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints" (Rev. 15:1-3).

What in the world does this strange symbolism signify?

"And he says unto me, The waters ['and the gathering together of the waters called He Seas' � Gen. 1:10] which you saw, where the whore sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues" (Rev. 17:15).

The "sea" represents people, multitudes, nations, and tongues. And before the Throng of God we see a beautiful sea of glass. And standing on this sea of glass are those who had gotten victory over the beast, his image, his mark, and his name. This sea is now calm and clean and clear and beautiful, like a sea of glass. This represents God's Elect who have overcome the beast within and the beast without, and are now before the throne of God ready to reign with Christ (See Rev. 20:4). But what of the sea of Rev. 20:13? They are spiritually dead, and represent something quit different.

Contrasted with the sea of glass like unto crystal, we have the following description of another sea, by the apostle Jude:

"Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever [Gk: 'an eon']" (Jude 1:13).

The wicked are like raging waves of the sea. Isaiah concurs:

"But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt" (Isa. 57:20).

Mankind at his worst is likened in Scripture to a beast:

"I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts" (Ecc. 3:18).

And THIRTY-SIX times (6 X 6) God calls Babylon a "WILD BEAST" in the book of Revelation (See Concordant Literal New Testament). Jude puts them both together: "brute beasts and raging waves of the sea."

Photo: Gregory Guida

"Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as BRUTE BEASTS, in those things they corrupt themselves. Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; RAGING WAVES OF THE SEA, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever [for the eon]" (Jude 1:8-13).

Not a pretty picture of humanity. This is not speaking of just a few evil men that crept into the congregation of Christ's Church. This short book of Jude is speaking of two classes, two kinds, of people--believers and non-believers, those saved and those destroyed:

"I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not" (Jude 5).

Notice it: those saved and those destroyed. These represent the entire race. These represent the entire world of humanity coming up in two resurrections: "The resurrection of the JUST and the UNJUST." Clearly the "raging waves of the sea" represent the "brute beasts" that have "corrupted themselves." "Foaming out their shame..." Jude tells us. What is this but Daniel's prophecy of all such filthy dreamers coming into eonian shame and judgment:

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting [eonian] life, and some to shame and everlasting [eonian] contempt" (Dan. 12:2).

These brute beasts, these ranging waves of the sea, MUST BE TAMED, until they become a beautiful, crystal, clear sea of glass.

"And I saw another sign in heaven...And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God" (Rev. 15:1 & 2).

Yes, these are the Elect of God who are now before the Throne of God and are standing on a beautiful crystal clear sea of glass. They have been tamed. They have conquered the beast within and the beast of Babylon without. They are shown victorious over the beast, his image, his mark and his name, but it came at a price. Did you notice the words "sea of glass mingled with FIRE?" Yes, the world must go through the fire, the lake of fire/second death, and so must God's Elect. But here they are pictured SAFE (saved) not unlike when Jesus calmed the sea and saved His Own disciples from the raging waves of the sea. When there is no faith, the beast appears, and the sea rages.

And He [Jesus] arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And He said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith." (Mark 4:39-40)   

i have been rereading the lof series for the past year and just finished reading the new testament again. trying to pay attention to all of the words. now that i am divorced i have been able to commit more time to reading. but i have to confess i don't even remember reading this particular section of the lof part 16e. when i read it again last night, it was like it was the first time i had even seen it before. the scripture references ray mentions towards the end of this "side bar" from jude, isaiah, and ecclesiastes were scriptures i have read before throughout the years, however, i never tied them together with the symbols in revelations regarding the sea and beast. and i truly never read mark 4:39-40 with eyes to see that this scripture is a physical type of the spiritual imagery in revelations of the raging sea, and how it is only through Christ that it will ever be tamed.

claudia

Having re-read it again, and I have read this many times, it still fills me with wonderment - on how He reveals His Truths in Plain sight - yet conceals it from all until He determines to unveil His Truths to them.

I know that some will read this, and not understand it at all (as their understanding has not yet been opened to see and hear His Word) - because it is not yet their time.

But for me, I am so glad that His Word is Truth - and His Truth sets us Free Indeed.

Kind Regards.

George

jingle52

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 11:21:23 AM »

Amen Claudia, in His own time will He reveal to those seeking and struggling to overcome this world. Thanks for sharing, may His Peace fill and encourage you

Jingle

narroway

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 04:35:53 AM »

Praise the Lord for sharing Claudia. I notice that in rereading the LOF series I too find times when revelation comes or like I never saw that before. The series is such a blessing from the Lord.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.