bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiritman?  (Read 7004 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Spiritman?
« on: August 19, 2006, 12:53:38 AM »

Brother Ray,We have recently had a death in the family.While attending the funeral I got to listen to how all these saints are looking down on us from heaven .I had asked the pastor about 8 months ago about 1 Thes chapter 4 summed up with wherefore brethren comfort one another with these words.I also understand we are born a natural man body a spiritual body and I know what it means when God made Adam a living soul.Dust ye are.So I believe when we die we will be dead awaiting resurrection. My question is ,Do we have in us a spirit now or are we just resurrected as a spirit?
    John

Dear John:
    Yes, there is a spirit in man (AND ALL ANIMALS). Nothing can live without "spirit." Spirit IS life (Ecc. 8:8; Ecc. 12:7; Luke 23:46;  I Cor. 2:11; etc.).  There is no consciousness in our spirit alone. There is only consciousness (soul) when man's spirit is combined with a body. God retains our spirit (Ecc 12:7) until resurrection when He puts our spirit into a new body and we once again become conscious or receive back the quality of "soul." We are said to have new "spiritual" bodies, not that we are made "spirits."
    God be with you,
    Ray

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:14:35 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.