bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What makes you right?  (Read 5908 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
What makes you right?
« on: August 19, 2006, 12:54:43 AM »

What makes you right? You are just a man aren't you?

Dear Mark:
Excuse me, but where have I defended MYSELF as being right?
I am never on the defense, but rather on the offense, and that
not for myself but for The Word of God. The Word of God is right.
God is not a man.
God be with you,
Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: What makes you right?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 12:56:06 AM »

Hi Ray,
True enough God is not a man. However you are. And as a man you are subject to the same problems as everyone else. None of us will "get it all right". We are imperfect creatures and as such we wil be imperfect in OUR understanding of every scripture. You are saying that YOUR understanding of the scriptures is correct and if any disagree then thier teachings are heretical. I like you am on the offense in defending God's word, however as the scriptures say "we see through a glass dimly". On some scriptures we can be quite dogmatic however on others we are still gathering information. Ray i'm not writing this letter and yelling at the screen :). I agree with most of your writings and I have alot of ideas about scripture myself that would make most peoples eyebrows raise.  Keep up the good work Ray. We need people like you! I enjoy it people make me look into scriptures and you have done just that.

Your brother (who is still learning) in Christ

Mark

Dear Mark:
Thank you for your email and comments. However, I must once again strongly contest your above statement that:  "You [that's me] are saying that YOUR understanding of the scriptures is correct and if any disagree then thier teachings are heretical."
That statement is totally false. I have never ever said such a thing; have never ever written such a thing;  and have never ever even thought such an outlandish thing. I have challanged hundreds of detractors who claim that there are hundreds of lies and false teachings and untrue statements, etc., on my site to do the following: [1] QUOTE ONE STATEMENT of mine from any of my papers, and [2] CITE TWO SCRIPTURES that prove my statement false.  I am still waiting for the first one to do this.  But I have never suggested that everything I write is perfect or that anyone who disagrees with me is an heretic.  A person is an heretic because he is an heretic, never just because he disagrees with me.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.