bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello wonderful people!  (Read 5624 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Hello wonderful people!
« on: October 26, 2016, 11:27:44 PM »

It's truly a blessing to be here. :)

From my earliest memories God was a scary dude and the source of many childhood nightmares.

My grandfather was a southern baptist minister and believed a healthy dose of hellfire and brimstone in every sermon was key to salvation.

In my early 20's I answered the door to Jehovah's Witnesses  and was ripe for the message they shared...No hell?!... I was in!  No matter I could not feel God or his love, he was after all going to kill billions of people even if he wasn't going to burn them for an eternity. I was just trading one insane god for another.

Early 2015 God led me to information that rocked my world and I walked away. I believed for a time there was no truth  to be found, so licked my wounds and continued on with my life.

Months later I started to wonder if there could be a truth, because I found it impossible to accept  there wasn't a creator in all of the magnificance around me. One day I talked to God while I sat at my computer, and told him how much I needed to know if there was any truth to be found and begged him to lead me to it if there was.
Within minutes I was moved to type specific keywords... Bible truths. In one click I was on bibletruths.com. Now that is the power of God!

After a year of reading all of Rays teachings, I can for the first time in my life  feel God's love.

This past year has been filled with almost unbearable tribulation but, I've been able to hang in there because I know God is doing this for my own good and I view it as a blessing. God really is love.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:40:45 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

lilitalienboi16

Re: Hello wonderful people!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:36:31 AM »

Hello Wanda,

Very happy to have you with us! Welcome to the forums. We have some extra study material here that is not available on the main website.

Here is a link for that material on the forums: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,8.0.html

Here is a section for Frequently Asked Questions and some of ray's responces in emails and other writtings: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Also don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or would like to contribute to discussions.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 09:33:06 AM »

Welcome Wanda. Thank God for leading you here. My we all take the journey together.

Your sister in Christ,
   Virginia

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 10:05:21 AM »

Welcome Wanda - Many here share a similar story

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »

Hi Wanda and welcome to the forum.  Thank you for sharing some of your spiritual journey with us.  As Dennis said, it sounds very familiar. :)

René

Wanda

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:35:54 AM »

Thanks Alex for the links, and each of you for the warm and sincere welcome!

I've been reading much of the material here and feel like I know many of you. I can truly see God's love in each and everyone of you and I feel a strong connection, which is why I decided to stop lurking in the background and join you.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Joel

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 02:26:15 PM »

Welcome Wanda,
Looks like you did as Jesus said;

Matthew 7:7- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Joel

Terry

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 06:39:12 PM »

Welcome Wanda so happy you're here, like you one day I typed the teaching of hell and here I am and loving every minute of it, I finally have peace.
Terry
Terry

lostANDfound

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 07:11:51 PM »

Welcome!  I loved reading your story. Looking forward to getting to know you better!
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 07:19:50 PM »

Welcome Wanda, very inspiring story

Rhys
🤫

Wanda

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 09:38:59 PM »

Thanks so much for all the warm welcoms! I feel like I know  most of you already, from reading many of your posts and comments. They have been very spiritually uplifting to me.

I thank God every day for opening my eyes and freeing me from the darkness I was in. It was about two weeks after finding bibletruths.com that I learned of Rays passing. One minute I was crying for joy, and the next from devastation.
I cried out to God as if he had taken all my hopes and dreams away.

Within minutes I remembered we weren't to put our faith in man, but to rely on our heavenly Father for all our needs. I could see clearly there was enough spiritual food on the site and this forum to sustain me for a lifetime. I'm sorry I never got to meet Ray at one of the conference's but I am comforted by the teachings he has left us with, besides I have the hope of meeting him and thanking him in person.

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »

Greetings Wanda,
Enjoyed your introduction letter. Great to have you with us.
Interesting description of your Grandfather and his healthy dose of hell fire.
Sorry that you could not have met Ray Smith at a conference.
One thing for sure about Ray is that he never frightened anyone with his sermons, talks, teaching.
Ray could put a person at ease in a minute and keep you in that frame of mind the whole evening.
We will miss him, but we can emulate his attitude and approach to teaching. All was given in love
and in a desire to share peace of mind, in truth about our Father and loving Elder Brother, the lord Jesus.

Kindly offered, Indiana bob

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 10:09:02 PM »

Sorry so late, Wanda.  It's very good to have you here.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 05:56:09 PM »

Hi Wanda
 Welcome, I'm new too. I love it here, I feel at home and know you will too because of this awesome group of people. I now have three beautiful Wanda's in my life. God is good.💐
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 03:05:48 AM »

I have no Wanda in my life but often wonder if I did have a Wanda would that make me wonder or Wanda?

Perhaps I should go for a wander to think about that.  :P

Rhys  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:09:17 AM by Rhys »
🤫

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 06:20:42 PM »

Don't Wanda too far Ryse, we don't Wanda lose you.😂
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 01:17:47 PM »

Thank you I Bob.
Yes, of all the many wonderful things my heavenly Father has blessed me with, I treasure the peace of mind I gain from all his simple,  yet profound truths, the most.

Wanda

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 01:24:19 PM »

Apologies aren't needed Dave. I feel so very blessed to be here among you all, sharing in this love, mercy and peace.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:34:19 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »

Wanda-ful just Wanda-ful!
I wanda thank you both for your clever wit...funny stuff :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.