bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 7545 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayer Request
« on: November 01, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »

Dear family,

It is funny that this forum has been swirling with health concerns, health discussion, etc... the past month as my prayer requests involves these things.

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next Tuesday at 1pm eastern standard time. If you could please keep me in your prayers. Over the past year my GI issues have worsened. Most of all, it makes sleeping at night difficult and with being in school, the loss of sleep is detrimental to my abilities to focus, not to mention the other problems.

I saw a doctor a month ago who recommended based on my symptoms that he look inside to rule out inflamation or less likely, something such as diverticulosis.

He said he wasn't too concerned for me but he wanted to err on the side of caution. While more complicated things are rare in someone my age, he has seen them occur before, so its best to look and rule out the worst of things.

I personally am not certain what is going on, only that as my wife commented, 'something is wrong, you've never been this bad before.' Refering to my bowel habits and... the more embarrasing flatulence issue that plagues me. I did find out in the prior doctor visit that, through a hydrogen breath test, I am lactose intolerent but it is hard to attribute all my symptoms to this new intolerance I have developed over the past year. At least, I think it is. I want to spare you all the details as they are never pleasent when we are speaking of bowel habits.

Anyway, your prayers would be welcomed greatly. I have a test that tuesday. So I will take my test then head to the doctors office for the procedure. Its considered surgery and is invasive. I didn't want to do this but ultimately for my peace of mind and to make sure nothing is seriously wrong I decided it was best to do it. 1, I did not want to tempt God by ignoring signs and symptoms, and 2, I have a daughter, and I owe it to her that I remain a part of her life as long as God permits which my selfish hope is for many many years to come, welll into old age.

On A side note, my wife has had some troubling breast symptoms as well and she is concerned but because we could not afford health insurance for her and we are too poor to meat government assistance (strange eh?) we delayed getting her insurance. Since she is more concerned now then ever over her issues, I decided to pull out more student loans and put her on my health insurance plan so that she can see a physician and if necessary get a mamogram. Unfortunately her health coverage will not be active until January of next year which leaves us two months. Please keep her in your prayers if you can and remember to do so. When one thinks of the breast and problems, the first thing our minds do is go to the worst, breast cancer. I am no different and neither is she. I am desperately praying that it is nothing but a benign issue. I selfishly pray for my own health too.

This is probably a lot for you all but I thank you as always for keeping me and mine in your prayers.
God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Doug

Re: Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »

Hi Alex,

I have Celiac disease and whenever you are having symptoms like you are describing it is something that should be looked into if you have not already. Sometimes it can be very difficult to detect.

All I can offer is my humble prayers for you and your wife.

cheekie3

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 04:38:28 PM »

Alex -

I am sad to learn of your wife's and your health issues:

Dear family,

It is funny that this forum has been swirling with health concerns, health discussion, etc... the past month as my prayer requests involves these things.

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next Tuesday at 1pm eastern standard time. If you could please keep me in your prayers. Over the past year my GI issues have worsened. Most of all, it makes sleeping at night difficult and with being in school, the loss of sleep is detrimental to my abilities to focus, not to mention the other problems.

I saw a doctor a month ago who recommended based on my symptoms that he look inside to rule out inflamation or less likely, something such as diverticulosis.

He said he wasn't too concerned for me but he wanted to err on the side of caution. While more complicated things are rare in someone my age, he has seen them occur before, so its best to look and rule out the worst of things.

I personally am not certain what is going on, only that as my wife commented, 'something is wrong, you've never been this bad before.' Refering to my bowel habits and... the more embarrasing flatulence issue that plagues me. I did find out in the prior doctor visit that, through a hydrogen breath test, I am lactose intolerent but it is hard to attribute all my symptoms to this new intolerance I have developed over the past year. At least, I think it is. I want to spare you all the details as they are never pleasent when we are speaking of bowel habits.

Anyway, your prayers would be welcomed greatly. I have a test that tuesday. So I will take my test then head to the doctors office for the procedure. Its considered surgery and is invasive. I didn't want to do this but ultimately for my peace of mind and to make sure nothing is seriously wrong I decided it was best to do it. 1, I did not want to tempt God by ignoring signs and symptoms, and 2, I have a daughter, and I owe it to her that I remain a part of her life as long as God permits which my selfish hope is for many many years to come, welll into old age.

On A side note, my wife has had some troubling breast symptoms as well and she is concerned but because we could not afford health insurance for her and we are too poor to meat government assistance (strange eh?) we delayed getting her insurance. Since she is more concerned now then ever over her issues, I decided to pull out more student loans and put her on my health insurance plan so that she can see a physician and if necessary get a mamogram. Unfortunately her health coverage will not be active until January of next year which leaves us two months. Please keep her in your prayers if you can and remember to do so. When one thinks of the breast and problems, the first thing our minds do is go to the worst, breast cancer. I am no different and neither is she. I am desperately praying that it is nothing but a benign issue. I selfishly pray for my own health too.

This is probably a lot for you all but I thank you as always for keeping me and mine in your prayers.
God bless,
Alex

I am sure that most, if not all of us here on this Forum, will be praying constantly for you both, and your whole family.

May He (The Master Physician) direct the minds and hearts of all those doctors and nurses that will be looking after you, so that His Perfect Will will be done for you both.

May He fully open His Windows in Heaven and overwhelm you both with His Rich Blessings and Grace.

His Will Be Done for the Good of you both.

I will be praying for you, your wife, your daughter, and your families.

George

cheekie3

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 04:42:02 PM »

Doug -

Hi Alex,

I have Celiac disease and whenever you are having symptoms like you are describing it is something that should be looked into if you have not already. Sometimes it can be very difficult to detect.

All I can offer is my humble prayers for you and your wife.

I will be praying consistently for you and your family, as well as for Alex and his family.

May He completely heal you of this condition - and set you free.

George

lostANDfound

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 06:53:48 PM »

I forget you guys have to pay for every doctor visit and procedure in the States.  That must be tough!    I hope it can all be resolved so you can properly focus on greater things. 

Psalm 103 1-5
Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

pg-91

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 07:54:52 PM »

Hi Alex,

I'll be praying for you and for your wife and I hope both of you will feel better very soon!

Gyula

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:14:29 PM »

Prayers for your both

Rhys
🤫

John from Kentucky

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 11:06:23 PM »

Sorry to hear about your and your wife's health issues.

Long ago, I learned from the Book of Job that weather events, sickness and disease and death come from Satan who is the god of this world and prince of the power of the air.  We struggle not with physical things but with evil spirits in high places.  What occurs are not acts of God but acts of Satan.

But God rules over all, and He will save and heal you and your wife at the appointed time.  He that is with us is greater than those against us.  He will give you Peace.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 12:49:01 AM »

Thank you all. I do take comfort in knowing that the true worshippers of God are petitioning Him on my behalf. I will certainly keep you all up to date come tuesday when this is behind me. Thank you too for remembering my wife. Its frustrating knowing she needs to see a physician but that the health enrollment period makes her eligible to use her insurance only come january. That's two months from now! Lord have mercy.

Love,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cheekie3

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 06:19:10 AM »

Alex -

Thank you all. I do take comfort in knowing that the true worshippers of God are petitioning Him on my behalf. I will certainly keep you all up to date come tuesday when this is behind me. Thank you too for remembering my wife. Its frustrating knowing she needs to see a physician but that the health enrollment period makes her eligible to use her insurance only come january. That's two months from now! Lord have mercy.

Love,
Alex

Regarding both of you, and especially your wife - with regards to 'timing' - you know full well that His Timing is always Perfect and exact.

Please encourage your wife not to be anxious about waiting - as He directs her steps each and every day - and this includes all of her health and wellbeing needs.

We are all in The Master Physicians' Service and Healing Hands.

George

virginiabm

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 07:45:58 AM »

Alex, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I know what you are going through.  Sickness of all kind is all around us and affecting us in many ways, but we are not alone. The great Physcian is on our side. Peace and comfort I pray and healing in mind, body and soul.

Doug I pray that God will touch you in a mighty way. Everything I said to Alex applies to you Doug.

IN JESUS' HOLY NAME I PRAY.

lauriellen

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 02:34:46 PM »

Praying for you sweet Alex.

DEJI

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 07:40:48 PM »

I'll remember you and your wife in prayers Alex. While you wait till Tuesday for the colonoscopy, will you please visit https://www.gutsense.org . I had and still have some gut issues(SIBO and PILES) too, following the advise on that website brought me relief. You should learn to make music with your farts, I bet your daughter would be amused by that  ;D

cjwood

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »

alex i too offer a prayer, even now, for you and your wife.  our health is everything. i remember often our brother john chris telling me how he wished so much that he could just do simple things again.

stay strong in the faith you were given by God. you are His. and your wife is yours.

love,
claudia

jingle52

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 11:32:31 AM »

Alex,
so sorry to hear about your and your wife's health issues, you're both still sooo young!  I pray to God our Father Almighty to hear all our prayers for you and your wife.
I pray too for all the suffering that we all must go through here on this earth to humble us and draw us closer to our Father and His Son Christ Jesus.
I have also just gotten a bit better from health issues that have initiated in July already, but God is merciful and hears our prayers.
May we all grow in our fellowshipping on this forum.
Dough, Deji, am praying for you too
Love,
Jingle

DEJI

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 01:49:43 AM »

Amen and thanks jingle.

Deblyn

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 11:26:53 AM »

I empathize with you and your wife, and am praying for both of you to be wholly restored. I understand very well the lack of access to healthcare. Thank God, He is on the throne and it is in Him that we live, move and have our being.
In Christ,
Debra

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »

Dear All,

I am out of surgery and headed to eat. Its been essentially two days since ive had some solid food so im starved! I know... first world problems. I am blessed to only starve for two days. The doctor, while i was still very sedated told me post operative that everything is clear except for an ulcer at tge illeocecal junction which he suspects is the cause for my symptoms. He took a small biopsy to have it examined further. He asked if I use ibuprofin often, as this drug is known to predispose one to ulcers if use is frequent but the last time I used it was mo ths ago and I use it very rarely so we will see what the study of the biopsy reveals. I have a follow up appointment set for three weeks from today.

Thank you all who prayed for me, I am still alive, and at least some of the more major diseases can be ruled put which is a huge relief. I will continue to keep you all posted if and when I learn more.

Thanks and God bless,
Alex

P.S. The procedure was very peaceful, i knew the Lord was with me and I fell into a deep sleep. I cant rmember the details of my dream but they were vivified and I think I dreamt of the Lord. When I was awakened, i wanted to return to that sleep.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 12:19:48 AM »

Heavenly Father , hear our 🙏🏼 prayer for our brother Alex and his wife. if you are willing Lord, we ask and petition you to help them of their ills and comfort them . We pray in the Holy name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, Thy will be done. Amen.

Alex, I am familiar with colonoscopies, it is not bad at all and here in Canada they give you a mild sedative which I am sure they will give you to. I know it's hard not to worry but why worry when you can pray. Sometimes we in our carnal minds make things worse than they really are. Please keep us updated.            Pamela aka musterseed
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 01:09:27 PM »

Little update,

I found out from a surgeon at my school that an ulcer at the ileocecal junction, on the valve, may mean I have chron's disease. The pathology report when it returns should be able to rule in or out the differential. Please pray that it is not crhone's disease! God only knows at this point.

Thank you!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.